Matt Porter: Dan Mullen has interviewed for the Job

Flew from Miami to Starkville? Did Blake, Miller, DiMare, Vinny, and Vilma enjoy watching Mullen lose to a ranked team again. For the 29th time in 33 tries?

Advertisement
i wanna hear from our fans who are big mullen fans. bc i'm just may be missing something. all i have to judge is his time spent as a coordinator at UF and as head coach of Miss State. i just don't see the where the hype comes from. not to say he hasn't done well for himself but how is he any better than Richt who's had much more success. is it that one 10 win season? someone please enlighten me bc this mullen fanboyism kinda came outta nowhere.

He took Miss St to a number one ranking , that alone speaks highly of the cat. He did that with a bunch of 3 stars , in a division with majority 4-5 stars.

They didn't end up # 1 but that program is at a place it's never been. Just compare it's history to before Mullen and after.

They've historically been a 4th place team in the west. Mullen has them tied for 5th in year seven.

LMFAO. Record at MSU 8 years prior to Mullen--> 29-67. Mullen's current record--> 54-35. "They've historically been a 4th place team in the west" is even funnier because you either purely made it up or you just don't understand how numbers and rankings work, I'd say the latter. MSU standing in SEC West prior to Mullen--> 6th, 5th, 6th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 6th (2008-2002). They didn't place 4th once.... I guess some people just can't be helped.

"Historically" is a big word, I know.

The fact that you're using the 90's and 80's (and maybe I guess 'historically' would encompass the whole 20th century) as a standard of comparison and evaluation to the vastly changed and different SEC is so laughable and speaks to your level of intelligence and analytical abilities. Any historian knows that recent history is the best standard of comparison because there aren't many confounding and changed variables. You thought Golden would win 10 plus in year 5... what more needs to be said.

What's hilarious is Mullen's accomplishments at Miss St are superior to what Butch could muster at UNC, a comparable program when he took over.

Context is lost on some low level thinkers around here.

My two cents- it's not about what Mullen did at Mississippi State or what Butch did at North Carolina. It's about what they would do at Miami.

I don't see Mullen as a fit for the reasons outlined in my post. We know how Butch's process works in Miami.

What's hilarious is Mullen's accomplishments at Miss St are superior to what Butch could muster at UNC, a comparable program when he took over.

Exactly . Msu is unc but in a far harder division and conference.

Advertisement
He took Miss St to a number one ranking , that alone speaks highly of the cat. He did that with a bunch of 3 stars , in a division with majority 4-5 stars.

They didn't end up # 1 but that program is at a place it's never been. Just compare it's history to before Mullen and after.

They've historically been a 4th place team in the west. Mullen has them tied for 5th in year seven.

LMFAO. Record at MSU 8 years prior to Mullen--> 29-67. Mullen's current record--> 54-35. "They've historically been a 4th place team in the west" is even funnier because you either purely made it up or you just don't understand how numbers and rankings work, I'd say the latter. MSU standing in SEC West prior to Mullen--> 6th, 5th, 6th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 6th (2008-2002). They didn't place 4th once.... I guess some people just can't be helped.

"Historically" is a big word, I know.

The fact that you're using the 90's and 80's (and maybe I guess 'historically' would encompass the whole 20th century) as a standard of comparison and evaluation to the vastly changed and different SEC is so laughable and speaks to your level of intelligence and analytical abilities. Any historian knows that recent history is the best standard of comparison because there aren't many confounding and changed variables. You thought Golden would win 10 plus in year 5... what more needs to be said.
He defended Golden to the very end under his last two accounts and bashed Butch Davis constantly.

Now he is Butch's biggest fan.

Advertisement

So you don't expect Miami to do anything more than go 8-4 and lose in terrible bowl games. Can't go back beyond a few years to set your expectations, right?

Yeah competing against OU and Texas is the same as competing against an entire conference of corrupt mofos who will do and pay anything to win. Gtfoh.

Oh, now he couldn't compete because everyone else cheated. Got it. #Mullen2016

Texas Okl versus the entire sec west? In a time where the Texas program is destroyed ? In a state with the most elite recruits in the country ?

Makes sense, Troll on

Advertisement
Yeah competing against OU and Texas is the same as competing against an entire conference of corrupt mofos who will do and pay anything to win. Gtfoh.

Texas Okl versus the entire sec west? In a time where the Texas program is destroyed ? In a state with the most elite recruits in the country ?

Makes sense, Troll on

So you knew that Baylor was right on the cusp of being great when Guy Morriss went 7-33 in the Big 12. You saw it coming.

Flew from Miami to Starkville? Did Blake, Miller, DiMare, Vinny, and Vilma enjoy watching Mullen lose to a ranked team again. For the 29th time in 33 tries?

I wish I could upvote this more than once. Maybe I need a few accounts like Fasa

My two cents- it's not about what Mullen did at Mississippi State or what Butch did at North Carolina. It's about what they would do at Miami.

I don't see Mullen as a fit for the reasons outlined in my post. We know how Butch's process works in Miami.

In 2000. Do we know it works in 2015?

Advertisement

In 2000. Do we know it works in 2015?

No, but we know that Dan Mullen finished in 6th place in a 7-team division in 2015 with a returning QB.

Try recruiting players to play in Mississippi then try finding players in the biggest state in the union.

Makes sense, Troll on

So you knew that Baylor was right on the cusp of being great when Guy Morriss went 7-33 in the Big 12. You saw it coming.

We saw how it worked 15 years ago. John Robinson, Johnny Majors and Petrino's processes all worked once. You're expecting Butch Davis to be the exception in recent college football history. I don't see it.

Advertisement
Back