Matt Porter: Dan Mullen has interviewed for the Job

Advertisement
i wanna hear from our fans who are big mullen fans. bc i'm just may be missing something. all i have to judge is his time spent as a coordinator at UF and as head coach of Miss State. i just don't see the where the hype comes from. not to say he hasn't done well for himself but how is he any better than Richt who's had much more success. is it that one 10 win season? someone please enlighten me bc this mullen fanboyism kinda came outta nowhere.

He took Miss St to a number one ranking , that alone speaks highly of the cat. He did that with a bunch of 3 stars , in a division with majority 4-5 stars.

They didn't end up # 1 but that program is at a place it's never been. Just compare it's history to before Mullen and after.

And then proceeded to **** the bed, including losing to his arch rival Ole Miss and to Ga Tech (of all teams) in the bowl game. MSU had a lot of NFL talent last year and this year.

10-3 at Msu , what a bed ****ting. Troll on

After being ranked #1 MSU lost 3 of 4, including their arch rival and the bowl game. The only win was Vanderbilt. That's the definition of ****ting the bed to finish the season.

The MSU fans were ecstatic that they were having an historic season. When it was all done, they didn't win the SEC West, lost the Egg Bowl, and had 30 days to prepare for GA Tech's option, and lost that too.

Also, Auburn was the ONLY team they beat last year that ended up ranked.

Last edited:
Dan Mullen rounded up everyone in the football facility - assistants, staffers, coaches, janitors, secretaries, EVERYONE - on his first day, and told them they're part of the problem. That they shouldn't tell him "this is the way we've always been doing it" because that way hasn't been getting it down and it's not good enough.

[video=youtube;pPNXxYZjjAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPNXxYZjjAQ[/video]

Id be ok with Mullen. Seems like he'd be a good fit. Don't know much about manny Diaz though.

I'm fine with Mullen, Richt or Butch. And I think we land one of those 3.

Advertisement
Back