Marlins are officially the test case for Covid in sports

Go Canes!!

Leading the charge
Premium
Did't post to the Covid forum because imo it's relevant to all team sports going forward. Positive tests rolling in and their home opener has already been cancelled. How MLB handles this could become the blueprint on how to handle an outbreak going forward.

Or it could be a first in a series death sentences to most fall sports in 2020.

Last edited:
Advertisement
this is gonna make football tough at any level to happen, i think the sports in bubbles will be ok if they can continue to keep the bubbles clean

P4hrCmD.gif

Advertisement
Game has been canceled for tonight.... bringing flashbacks of the NBA from the original sports stoppage

this is gonna make football tough at any level to happen, i think the sports in bubbles will be ok if they can continue to keep the bubbles clean

Agree. I have the most hope in the NHL pulling it off. I think there's a real possibility that hockey ends up being the only sport maybe even playing in the fall/winter AND possibly with fans but all in Canada. Like 4 or 5 teams in a bunch of hub cities as our long national embarrassment continues in the good ol' USA.

Advertisement
Not that this is remotely unexpected, but it certainly is another shot to the heart of the college football chances.

Again, I do believe we most likely start, at some point, with most of the schools in the country. Just no idea how you can possibly fathom an uninterrupted season at this point.

This was inevitable. The key is acceptance and flexibility. Marlins should just postpone the next couple games so they can get a true handle on the extent of the outbreak, then resume games with mostly minor leaguers until the rest of the team is ready to play.

This was inevitable. The key is acceptance and flexibility. Marlins should just postpone the next couple games so they can get a true handle on the extent of the outbreak, then resume games with mostly minor leaguers until the rest of the team is ready to play.

Every team should have a real Taxi squad...the AAA team ready to go when something like this happens. This should be why the Alternate Team Sites exist.

Football will not finish. 0% chance any form of football finishes.

Advertisement

You'd THINK MLB would have to have made a contingency plan for this exact thing happening- especially since its only one team right now. If they were just praying it wouldn't then all of bubble-less sports are f*cked.

You wouldn't see the Yankees/Dodgers doing this (both liberal). Marlins have nothing to play for (won't win, small fanbase).

Advertisement
Every team should have a real Taxi squad...the AAA team ready to go when something like this happens. This should be why the Alternate Team Sites exist.

Football will not finish. 0% chance any form of football finishes.
Not that bubble-less CFB wouldn't experience these issues sooner rather than later but blame the MLBPA if we don't even get to continue any hope for a football season very shortly.

I don't care what the conferences are saying or what schedules get put out, there is no way college football happens absent a turnaround in the country. There is just no way they are going to be flying the traveling roster, plus staff, support, doctors, etc. around the country in the middle of this, especially when the players are not being paid.

Was inevitable.

Anyone who thinks there will be sports this fall without some sort of bubble system is widely naive

Advertisement
Back