Marlins are officially the test case for Covid in sports

I guess they put the cabash on actually not ending in last place...

Interested to see how this actually works. Does this mean that they essentially only play 54 games this season? find common off dates? double headers? seems like this is going to be really weird come playoff time.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20200728-151900_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200728-151830_Samsung Internet.jpg

Interested to see how this actually works. Does this mean that they essentially only play 54 games this season? find common off dates? double headers? seems like this is going to be really weird come playoff time.
Probably call up minor leaguers...

Probably call up minor leaguers...

I guess what I'm asking is, how do they determine if the Marlins (or any other team) make the playoffs if they only played ~54 games when other teams have played ~60 games? do they just forfeit those 6 games this week?

I guess what I'm asking is, how do they determine if the Marlins (or any other team) make the playoffs if they only played ~54 games when other teams have played ~60 games? do they just forfeit those 6 games this week?
Maybe a couple of double headers. I don't know the deep protocol. I just watch the game. Not to worried about something that's out of my hands..

Advertisement

One of the few definitive things (but also with the caveat of not actually defining the threshold) that Rob Manfred has said is that he wouldn't allow the competitive integrity of the game be affected by a team not being able to field a major league level roster. So I don't think an entire team of minor leaguers would jive with that standard.

Then again, he was going to allow the Pirates to have a total 2020 team payroll of $78k even prior to the pandemic.

So who da fug knows? I don't think MLB knows or even has a plan.

One of the few definitive things (but also with the caveat of not actually defining the threshold) that Rob Manfred has said is that he wouldn't allow the competitive integrity of the game be affected by a team not being able to field a major league level roster. So I don't think an entire team of minor leaguers would jive with that standard.

Then again, he was going to allow the Pirates to have a total 2020 team payroll of $78k even prior to the pandemic.

So who da fug knows? I don't think MLB knows or even has a plan.
So....

Manfred was either full of **** when he said that or he'll actually allow the Jupiter Hammerheads to play in the NL East.

It'll be a test case for all the leagues on the competitive balance/integrity front if you needed me to actually spell it out for you.

Manfred was either full of **** when he said that or he'll actually allow the Jupiter Hammerheads to play in the NL East.

It'll be a test case for all the leagues on the competitive balance/integrity front if you needed me to actually spell it out for you.
I just figured you needed someone else to hear you talk but yourself. Carry on superior all knowing...

Advertisement
I just figured you needed someone else to hear you talk but yourself. Carry on superior all knowing...

My job is done here if I can give you the window to opine on my opinions. I consider it my good deed for the day.

I know this can happen anywhere but ****es me off, if this example, is used to cancel college football, it really ****es me off because these guys went to a strip Club.

Super selfish

Advertisement

I'm putting it all down on the Jupiter Hammerheads against the Hartford Yard Goats for the NLCS. Who's with me?

Advertisement
I'm putting it all down on the Jupiter Hammerheads against the Hartford Yard Goats for the NLCS. Who's with me?

Keep an eye on the Gwinnett Stripers. Only a club supremely confident in its abilities would have their mascot appear in the logo about to be hooked and presumably killed.

Screenshot_20200729-143039_Google.jpg

Advertisement
Back