Mark Walton to have surgery on right ankle

Hope Cameron Davids de-commits, leaving Noah Cain as the backup in 19. Noah has said multiple times he wants to play right away... If Walton returns for his senior year, that leaves Lo as the incumbent starter for 19, and hopefully Noah as the back up for 19, enough playing time for a true freshman.
What kind of ****** retarded logic is that?

Advertisement
Unfortunate now we lose our best special teams player as well with Homer having to take the bulk of the carries.

Brutal loss. Timing is horrendous

When you're out there and you can't give it your all, that's when injuries are more likely to happen. Walton was favoring his other ankle, he couldn't evade defenders, he had no burst to get himself away from defenders or out of harms way. You can't tell me all those things didn't factor until his ultimate injury. So yeah, I think this is on the coaches. They got him injured in garbage time to begin with when the backups should have been getting reps. Then they exacerbated his injury last week by having him in the game late when he shouldn't have been. The mismanaged him and drove him into the ground.

Last edited:
Blame Richt and Brown for repeatedly ignoring the signs and throwing him out there

Except it was the other ankle. Walton is a competitor. The kid was killing it on special teams as well. Give me 85 Mark Walton type kids and you are rarely losing a game.

Doesn’t matter what ankle. He shouldn’t have played. He couldn’t cut on his left ankle pregame and was hampered all game

Kid is a gamer and his ability in pass pro was needed. That coverage play he made on special teams late in the game was terrific. For example, we had Ryan Clement playing with a 3rd degree separation against West Virginia back in the famous Tremack Mack punt block game. Clement could even lift his arm over his shoulder. My point is if the doctor okay'd it then a kid like Walton is going to play or be carried off the field. Unfortunately it was the latter.

Advertisement
Hope Cameron Davids de-commits, leaving Noah Cain as the backup in 19. Noah has said multiple times he wants to play right away... If Walton returns for his senior year, that leaves Lo as the incumbent starter for 19, and hopefully Noah as the back up for 19, enough playing time for a true freshman.
What kind of ****in retarded logic is that?

Just when you think you’ve seen the stupidest statement ever along comes another one to take its place

When you're out there and you can't give it your all, that's when injuries are more likely to happen. Walton was favoring his other ankle, he couldn't evade defenders, he had no burst to get himself away from defenders or out of harms way. You can't tell me all those things didn't factor until his ultimate injury. So yeah, I think this is on the coaches. They got him injured in garbage time to begin with when the backups should have been getting reps. Then they exacerbated his injury last week by having him in the game late when he shouldn't have been. The mismanaged him and drove him into the ground.

Homer was in the series before. I guarantee you Walton begged to go back in after FSU went up 13-10. He got hurt after a play where he picked up 7 yards.

Advertisement
**** man he has a daughter and was working his a** of to get drafted

That's the sad part in all of this

Him having a kid is probably why he will go pro to be honest. With Lonzo and Cam coming in and Homer here, it would be crowded. Unless this is a serious injury, it will be a good chance this doesn't change his draft position too much. He was probably looking at a mid 2nd round. He will probably go 2-3 in a weak RB draft this upcoming year.

I think he'll do well like previous Miami RBs. The 30 year break point for most NFL RBs, it is almost guaranteed that most draftable RBs go after their junior year, for no other reason than getting that 1 extra year NFL paycheck, especially if you have a kid already.

Apparently we Canes fans can’t get 24 hours of peace and happiness.

**** em all, let’s roll anyway.

Lmao if you don't think a RB playing severely hurt and on one leg doesn't become more susceptible to injury.

He could barely get it going faster than a jog. Had no business being on the field.

Yea.

But he wanted to stay in bro! He’s a competitor bro!

Yea, I don’t give a **** how much he wants to be in. That’s what we have coaches for...to make the smart/tough decisions.

What kind of ****** retarded logic is that?

Dude would rather have a true freshman RB than a proven leader and competitor for his senior year. Makes zero sense. The grass isn't always greener guys.

Advertisement

Homer was in the series before. I guarantee you Walton begged to go back in after FSU went up 13-10. He got hurt after a play where he picked up 7 yards.
Probably begged to keep playing in the duke game too. He’s a competitor

He should probably go pro, but it seems likely this will hurt his draft stock. Feel horrible for the guy, he has been through a lot already and left his heart out on the field for us. Whatever decision he makes I hope he has a tremendous career.

Lmao if you don't think a RB playing severely hurt and on one leg doesn't become more susceptible to injury.

He could barely get it going faster than a jog. Had no business being on the field.

Yea.

Yea, I don’t give a **** how much he wants to be in. That’s what we have coaches for...to make the smart/tough decisions.

You don't think the medical staff cleared the kid?

Advertisement

Not sure why folks are disagreeing with this.

He wasn’t healthy against Duke...and we force fed him carries at the end of the game when the whole **** board and the crowd was begging for us to sit him....he then got hurt.....again......which meant he was heading into the FSU game in even worse shape than where he was at against Duke.

It’s not rocket science.

Yea.

You don't think the medical staff cleared the kid?

Lol if you think the medical staff has a real say in an injury like that.

You saw the dude cutting in pre game. If that’s how he cuts with adrenaline, how the **** do you think he looks in the training room all week?

Advertisement
Back