Mark Walton to have surgery on right ankle

Advertisement
Just hope it's a smooth recovery for him. Duke broke his ankle against FSU and came back good as ever.

Walton's next carry should be in the NFL. He's given us everything.

Might go the Willis McGahee route to the NFL. That first extra year for an NFL back is big for the second contract. Can't fault him if he goes.

Does he return next season or did he do enough to enter the draft after this season?

Advertisement
Does he return next season or did he do enough to enter the draft after this season?
I’m afraid he hasn’t yet tbh. Needed to finish the season out good this year to enter as a top 50 range. Regardless next man up mentality. Heartbreaking for walton Man...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Next man up. You could tell something was off yesterday. Can understand why he was in the game as long as he was. Grab your helmet Travis....its go time.

Advertisement
Rosier takes 15 carries. Hope he holds up. Need Choc and Homer will now get 20-25 carries.

Homer can carry the load. We need guys like Burns and Dallas to step up...big time, because just Homer and Choc is not gonna cut it.

Advertisement
I have faith in our guys. Homer is a stud & the Choc & Dallas will serviceable. The loss in pass protection is the real killer.

That wasn't even the ankle that he was favoring was it? I thought the left ankle was the bad one.

**** shame for him because he's such a competitor, but he was a liability yesterday and in the Puke game. He was half speed before the final kill shot.

Hope Cameron Davids de-commits, leaving Noah Cain as the backup in 19. Noah has said multiple times he wants to play right away... If Walton returns for his senior year, that leaves Lo as the incumbent starter for 19, and hopefully Noah as the back up for 19, enough playing time for a true freshman.

Last edited:
On a different note, I feel awful for Walton. The guy was poised for a breakout year as the feature back. Very upsetting news.

Advertisement
Back