Mark Walton to have surgery on right ankle

game wasn't exactly over vs duke. it was 24-6? if they score maybe it's 24-14. if they would have got to 24-21 you all would have been screaming why we took him out and we let up too early. 24-6 with 10 min left isn't over.

Advertisement
When you're out there and you can't give it your all, that's when injuries are more likely to happen. Walton was favoring his other ankle, he couldn't evade defenders, he had no burst to get himself away from defenders or out of harms way. You can't tell me all those things didn't factor until his ultimate injury. So yeah, I think this is on the coaches. They got him injured in garbage time to begin with when the backups should have been getting reps. Then they exacerbated his injury last week by having him in the game late when he shouldn't have been. The mismanaged him and drove him into the ground.

yes the coaches have a fault in this injury. homer wasn't getting enough touches vs fsu and choc didn't get any at all. what good is depth if you don't use it?

Ya, take a look at the last series when Miami scored the winning TD, then you'll have the answer as to why he didn't play much in the game.
Just stood there not knowing who to block and not doing anything. He is a stud runner though.

I have faith in our guys. Homer is a stud & the Choc & Dallas will serviceable. The loss in pass protection is the real killer.

Homer is a great pass blocker

When you're out there and you can't give it your all, that's when injuries are more likely to happen. Walton was favoring his other ankle, he couldn't evade defenders, he had no burst to get himself away from defenders or out of harms way. You can't tell me all those things didn't factor until his ultimate injury. So yeah, I think this is on the coaches. They got him injured in garbage time to begin with when the backups should have been getting reps. Then they exacerbated his injury last week by having him in the game late when he shouldn't have been. The mismanaged him and drove him into the ground.

That's all speculation. Plenty of guys who are completely healthy get rolled up like Walton did. It's easy to second guess and speculate.

Advertisement
Ya, take a look at the last series when Miami scored the winning TD, then you'll have the answer as to why he didn't play much in the game.
Just stood there not knowing who to block and not doing anything. He is a stud runner though.

I have faith in our guys. Homer is a stud & the Choc & Dallas will serviceable. The loss in pass protection is the real killer.

Homer is a great pass blocker
How'd we go 75 yards in 1:20 if Homer didn't block anyone, genius?

We have the third longest win streak in college football, just beat our arch rivals basically without Walton (which also happens to be the best D we will face this year), have a baller qb that Richt picked up from the scrap heap, and a coaching staff that is aces at making half time adjustments yet some of you are second guessing one of the most successful head coaches in college football because he tried to get his star player a little extra game conditioning against a live opponent in the first game of the season. Unreal.

If Homer is in there on passing downs I’m assumimg Rosier will be throwing on the move.

That's all speculation. Plenty of guys who are completely healthy get rolled up like Walton did. It's easy to second guess and speculate.

Duke Johnson. Pretty sure he was healthy before getting injured in the FSU game. It's the best rivalry in college football. From players getting nearly decapitated, to getting legs broken to qbs teeth getting knocked out, the game is almost always going to have players getting carted off. Just bad luck for us and Walton, but not the coaches fault. I was also sure that Berrios was concussed in the first quarter, Rosier tried to drop one into him as he was diving and two FSU players targeted his head. He looked a little wobbly getting up, but our man Braxton has some brass berrios.

Advertisement
Lmao if you don't think a RB playing severely hurt and on one leg doesn't become more susceptible to injury.

He could barely get it going faster than a jog. Had no business being on the field.

Yea.

But he wanted to stay in bro! He’s a competitor bro!

Yea, I don’t give a **** how much he wants to be in. That’s what we have coaches for...to make the smart/tough decisions.

You don't think the medical staff cleared the kid?

Lol if you think the medical staff has a real say in an injury like that.

You saw the dude cutting in pre game. If that’s how he cuts with adrenaline, how the **** do you think he looks in the training room all week?

Probably a mess. So what? Down 13-10 you have your best players on the field, period. He was key on pass pro. Got us first and goal to the 7 yard line. Should Berrios been in the game when he made his last catch getting us a first down to the 25 yard line? He was clearly hurt earlier in the series. You don't sit an 80% Walton down 3 with 6 minutes left. The kid does the little things so well.

1. Gus wasn’t dumb, he was smart. He can play at Rutgers, he wasn’t going to or supposed to or shouldn’t have played at Miami (based on what we’ve seen of him so far). I’m happy for Gus; he made the correct decision for Gus.

2. Yearby wasn’t dumb, he was unqualified (unfortunately) for the NFL. Another year at Miami wasn’t going to change his combine numbers. Another year at Miami believing his future lies in the NFL was going to be just as heartbreaking when he got cut. Another year at Miami doesn’t feed his kid. He took his shot at feeding his daughter now, came up short, and I’m wishing him good luck.

3. Walton was/is a warrior and leader for Miami. I’m going to miss him but I’m supporting him if he goes to the NFL. No matter where or if he gets drafted.

Of course. There's no way to say 100% for sure. But common sense says there's a good chance it was a factor.

Hope Cameron Davids de-commits, leaving Noah Cain as the backup in 19. Noah has said multiple times he wants to play right away... If Walton returns for his senior year, that leaves Lo as the incumbent starter for 19, and hopefully Noah as the back up for 19, enough playing time for a true freshman.

Nah.....you alone on that one. I'll take Cam Davis.

Advertisement
Hope Cameron Davids de-commits, leaving Noah Cain as the backup in 19. Noah has said multiple times he wants to play right away... If Walton returns for his senior year, that leaves Lo as the incumbent starter for 19, and hopefully Noah as the back up for 19, enough playing time for a true freshman.

Nah.....you alone on that one. I'll take Cam Davis.

Ill take both if we win 10 games and have a good showing in the ACCcg

So he's having surgery on his right but his left was the one he hurt during Toledo right?

That’s sucks to hear, this was suppose to be Walton’s year. Sadly he won’t be able to show his full potential

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back