Mark this down as the date Rick lost the fanbase

I thought we would win this game but this is exactly the caliber of team I expected. Our talent level is not markedly above teams we are facing. Posters here make that mistake every offseason, checking off one conference game after another as a rout. Logical distribution suggests otherwise, until we improve 10-14 points, closer to Ohio State or Clemson power rating and not Utah. Our Sagarin power rating was one spot above Utah this week.

Advertisement
If it took you this long to realize we hired nothing more than someone to get us in position for the next coach to win, I am sorry. If is your own fault for not knowing who Mark Richt is.

I had a long discussion with @k9cane on the phone a couple days ago and told him that exact same thing.

He was gobsmacked and sick to his stomach. Welcome to the struggle.
Once the fan base completely turns on him. He'll move along on his own. This isn't Athens where they show up just to show up.

As we discuss "fanbase loss", this Georgia Freedom of Information release from 3 years ago seemed on point... how "others" have felt:
Capturemr.PNG

Advertisement
Mother *** Richt. I woke up at 4 this morning with that L still fresh on my mind. He blew this game and deserves to be left in Charlottesville along with Tito.

It’s like his offensive philosophy is we have the better athletes so we’ll run this basic *** offense and our athletes will win their matchups. Even Sabans stubborn *** has incorporated (or hired OCs) motions, jet sweeps, mesh routes, 3 stacking WR, smoke/tunnel screen into his offense.

Think about this for a second. You and a group of friends all play each other on a regular on Madden. You run fb dive everytime you need 3yrds or less. You have ran it about 9 times and it works every single time. Well, now you are playing one of your friends for the second time and you run fb dive on 3rd and it gets stuffed. I know most of us are just armchair qbs, but even the most basic, sorriest Madden player would know to hit you with the fake fb dive hb toss out of the same formation next. Noooooo but not Richt. It worked the first 9 times so their is no chance it fails 2x in a row.

I don’t even think our QBs are thought/allowed to audible. Neither one of them does it. During one specific play while Perry was in, Va walked their olb/db up to the edge for an obvious blitz. Not one single check was made by the ol or Perry. Not even a single finger point at the HOT defender. Sure enough, they got a sack on that play.

People like him. Promote him to AD without the power to hire football coach. He has no skill in picking coaches.

Richt has put the final nail in the Miami program. This fan base showed out in Dallas like never before and we **** on ourselves. We want this badly but we are lead by an old inept coach.

The poor offense and QB play is all the proof you need we have a first class Corch!!!

The program died tonight and I will never ever blame a kid from south Florida from leaving home.

We need a savage coach and recruiter!!!

I want Mario

This is unfortunately true. Yesterday was the day that I finally realized that the glory days are gone forever. I always LOL at the posters who say it's just a matter of time before Mark Richt leads us to #6. While it's certainly possible that he lucks into a once in a lifetime talent like Winston or Watson and accidentally wins a NC because the players are too good. But, in the normal course, Mark Richt will never ever lead us to a national championship. He's just not built for it.

Advertisement
Really though, how tf does JT touch the ball once on offense? No jet sweep, screen, reverse? How about some rub/mesh route with him and Jordan? How about the fake jet sweep bubble screen to JT?

And the motion from pistol to shotgun is just a waste of time now

Richt’s demeanor on the sideline reminds me of Shannon. He is not earning his money. Please get me the young coach from Iowa State or fly the banner.

This is what bothers me the most, he looks almost disinterested and detached. I said in another thread, looks to me like he's sorry he took the job. The passion he showed even last year on the sidelines gave me the impression he was engaged, now it looks like a job.

There are plenty of guys who hated the hire from day one and were never going to give him a chance. They do that with every coach.
Franchise...I thought the hire Stunk from the get go....But I atleast was willing to give him a chance,...After yr 3...I still say it wasn't the correct hire..As far as Butch....he should've been back somewhere from 2007-2015....Now....the ship has sailed unfortunately....I do know without a doubt...we'd of had a much better staff in yr 3....with a Great DC....OC....and STs coach....thats undeniable....

Advertisement
He averaged record 9-3 wins a season of his 15 years at Georgia..going to the citrus and gator bowl every other year..with occasion 11+win seasons.
This man will never take this program to the national championship as a coach.
He is a brand ambassador/CEO type that sells the national media and fans of his program building.
It's sad ppl cant see past his b.s coaching he is the
Kirk Ferentz of the south.

Last edited:
And he corched himself to lose against Stanford by not kneeling. That is 50/50 in his big games. That's average, he sucks.

Moreover he has a NFL qb that he was gifted by Helfirch. He won't do sh:t at Oregon and Miami would be IDIOTS to hire him.
They were Idiots to Hire
Coker
Radio
Golden & Richt.....Nothing new.....

Advertisement
Franchise...I thought the hire Stunk from the get go....But I atleast was willing to give him a chance,...After yr 3...I still say it wasn't the correct hire..As far as Butch....he should've been back somewhere from 2007-2015....Now....the ship has sailed unfortunately....I do know without a doubt...we'd of had a much better staff in yr 3....with a Great DC....OC....and STs coach....thats undeniable....

Yeah aside from that whole UNC cheating thingy. Sorry, you showed your hand about Butch a long time ago, you're hardly objective.

Advertisement
Back