Mark this down as the date Rick lost the fanbase

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lost me. And that’s hard to do. Pulling Kosi was an eye opener. Not only was it absurd to think a less talented guy with an established history of failure gave us a better chance, but it proved to me how tone deaf and out of touch Richt is with the fanbase.

Even more infuriating to see him squander the best defense we’ve had in 15 years and a coordinator who actually gets the Miami way on that side of the ball. Probably never before has a Miami team scored three points or less in the first half despite its defense forcing three turnovers. How is that even possible?

Last edited:
Remember when Richt brought Helferich in to "consult" this off-season. Stupid to let him leave Miami without a job, but having a job on the offensive side of the ball means all you do is watch Richt call plays.
This still kills me. How he didnt hire him shows you exactly what kind of ego this Richt has. Smartest man in the room complex.

Only one thing could make this situation worse.

Imagine if we already knew what the answer was but refused to do it out of pride?

It's a sad situation all around.

Advertisement
Are we doing Cane on Cane ****ings.

Franchise is asleep now.

Our Problem..

Offensive line is soft.

Play calling is extremely predictable.

Our OC is the problem because talent is not.

Richt calls our Offense.

It's a wrap. Peach bowl our new goal.

I just had a flashback... HE ONSIDE KICKED THE BALL WITH 3:10 LEFT DOWN BY 3 POINTS WITH ALL 3 TIMEOUTS LEFT & 15YD RUNNING INTO THE KICKER PENALTY WHICH WOULDA BEEN AN AUTOMATIC TOUCHBACK!

All we had to do was kick the ball off regular into the back of the End Zone, get the 3 stops the Defense had been getting all night (especially at that point in the game) & force a punt with 1min & some change left. He completely took the momentum away from us.

Bruhhhhh... I still can't believe he did that like WTF??????

It’s happened at some point for the last 3 **** coaches. And this is likely the day it happened for Rick. Some of us figured he’d never be a NC coach because he had 15 years to do it at UbaGA and never came through.

But I expected more than this. I expected to pretty much dominate the Coastal. This up and down yo-yo **** from week to week is a prime mark of an unprepared team. His insistence on running an antiquated plodding slow tempo offense is another black mark.

It’s just a middle of the road, undisciplined team with a horribly inept offense that keeps everyone in every game against us.

Been saying it and saying it - and all I get is a lot of negs for pointing out the obvious.

He's a great CEO - or would make a great Athletic Director - but he's lost the coaching edge he burns to return to when he called plays for FSU.

Bad decision to not get an OC, and another bad decision to hire his son.

You'd think that after watching the Bowden debacle - he'd know better.

Poor judgement.

It’s a god dam shame. Manny Diaz has this defense playing lights out and the offense can’t do ****. We talk about the lack of recruiting on the defensive side well the offense has the talent and can’t get it done.

Don’t get me wrong richt can turn this around if and only if he hires a real OC and a better ol coach

Advertisement
So he’s throw Richt under the bus and might be lying to boot. Like lil sis, like big bro. He should never play a down for us again.

Richt f***d up big time in my opinion. He made himself look incredibly weak with the QB change and further exposed why he should just retire. The game has passed him by.

I just had a flashback... HE ONSIDE KICKED THE BALL WITH 3:10 LEFT DOWN BY 3 POINTS WITH ALL 3 TIMEOUTS LEFT & 15YD RUNNING INTO THE KICKER PENALTY WHICH WOULDA BEEN AN AUTOMATIC TOUCHBACK!

All we had to do was kick the ball off regular into the back of the End Zone, get the 3 stops the Defense had been getting all night (especially at that point in the game) & force a punt with 1min & some change left. He completely took the momentum away from us.

Bruhhhhh... I still can't believe he did that like WTF??????

Show's you he learned nothing from the GT game. But how could he when he got no criticism for the call from fans. We had many in here agreeing with him about going onside against GT liking Morks aggressiveness.

It was plain stupidity when the defense was playing well in both games. And worse knowing the special teams has been *** at doing anything productive.

Advertisement
Total sh@tshow. I turned the game off after the Fourth down dive to Gray that everyone in the stadium saw coming. Complete arrogance and stubbornness beating your head against the wall calling power run plays when your oline is not winning the battle up front. That play call sums up CMR. He needs an OC. I’ll be watching the rest of the games on replay this year if we win. No need for unnecessary stress watching talent go to waste.

It’s probably always year 3 because that’s the year that you know you either have a top guy or a dog. If the HC isn’t winning big by year 3 at a marquee program that has won multiple NCs, then he’s a dog.

Like Tom Herman??? I always liked this dude Chise, it’s too bad we never made a move for him!

Last edited:
The problem is that our administration d!@&eats. We make every hire feel like we are lucky to have them and be graced with their presence. We act lowly and meek like this HC job is tainted, undesirable, scandalous, off the grid, and taboo. So we jock every willing suitor and try to win them over instead holding true to the values and integrity of the U. We have to stop being man worshippers and falling in love with personalities. This is what the Gaytors do. Just dominate and win. All that other machismo, gallantry and pageantry isn’t the bottom line or top priority. We keep apologizing for who we are with these hires. The college football world won’t like UM no matter what we do to appease. We didn’t have to do anything wrong to make them hate us in the first place. These coaches and their personalities are not bigger than this U.

I don’t feel done with Richt (for some odd reason but just telling the truth). But if he scared get the eff outta here.

Somebody gotta be a man over this bye week. I reserve my judgement until the next game.

Richt's time as a coach at a major P5 program is over. It's clear he's washed up and the game has passed him by. He would be perfect for a school like Wake/Vandy or a mid major school where 8-9 wins is the ceiling. He needs to do what spurrier did at South Carolina a few years ago and walk away.

Advertisement
Back