Mark Pope’s dismissal from JSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we also need to understand that Mark Pope signed up to be on a reality show. Something lost on 90% of the posters in this thread. He's an adult that chose to play there and be a part of the reality show.
I think 90% of us realize there was some release signed. otherwise they wouldn't be able to post anything on social media or whatever. do you really think he knew when he signed some blanket waiver he was going to be humiliated on camera? I don't think so. did he have a choice not to sign and thus not be filmed making plays or doing stuff on the football field he was actually there to do.

frankly we don't even know what the players signed. however I am pretty sure it was just some blanket release that they agree to be used on camera showing highlights or for social media content in order to participate in football. who would ever think the university (key word - UNIVERSITY) would film him being embarrassed...

anyway I am done with this - Deon is trash in my book. I am over him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wanted to ask about this without seemingly deflecting so glad you brought it up. Something tells me that these “kids” and “parents” were made aware of this documentary and that these things could be aired.

Slightly different question...

...did Mark Pope get paid for his participation in that Deion show?

I understand that there may have been some "awareness", and maybe even some people signed some waiver forms that they didn't understand...

...but usually the people who agree to be humiliated on a reality show like Big Brother get paid for it...

Slightly different question...

...did Mark Pope get paid for his participation in that Deion show?

I understand that there may have been some "awareness", and maybe even some people signed some waiver forms that they didn't understand...

...but usually the people who agree to be humiliated on a reality show like Big Brother get paid for it...

Would be nice if they all get compensated for being part of that show. Including Pope.

Would be nice if they all get compensated for being part of that show. Including Pope.

Yeah, and I wasn't trying to argue with you at all, I was just pointing out that there might be a difference between a "general awareness that Deion is doing a show" and whether anyone bothered to compensate Mark Pope for being a prop in that show.

Again, I've already made my feelings known, I don't think that event should have been filmed and/or used.

But even if Mark Pope explicitly agreed to let them use his humiliation in the show, he deserves a few bucks for that too.

Last edited:
Once you hit a certain age you refer to people in their 20’s as kids. Secondly age has nothing to do with what transpired. It’s f’d up regardless if it’s a 20 yo or a 30 yo. That was nothing but theatre for a documentary. Not teaching or discipline.
Yeah I turned 40 this year so still call most of the college football players "kids".

But Pope is 23 now? Been out of high school for 5 years? He's not a kid anymore.

Advertisement
so you think he knew when he signed some blanket waiver he was going to be humiliated on camera? I don't think so.

frankly we don't even know what the players signed. they might have signed some blanket release that they agree to be used on camera or for promotional videos in order to participate in football.
You're entitled to that take. I don't agree...but it is what it is.

This is a documentary for the largest company on planet earth. Sanders also has his son's social media company around at all times. Two crews of documentary film makers and social media teams around at all times. Sanders has been doing the reality TV circuit for...15 years? Something like that. I'm going to guess its not a rinky dink operation and media consent releases and all that jazz are taken of. People pleading ignorance on Mark Pope's behalf (something he doesn't even do on his own, btw) is just more enabling.

When you invite a documentary crew to document whatever it is they are documenting and you actively participate in it...you don't get to pick and choose what makes air and what hits the cutting room floor like that. That is absurd. I don't know if they are compensated (maybe by Amazon, but not WellOffMedia surely)...but do agree, the players should be. That is just a different conversation.

Last edited:
I’ll just say this..there’s a way you handle things. I like prime, but he was dead wrong in this. Yeah it’s funny..but ****

There’s leadership, then there’s attention seeking. Deon being the latter, caused more damage among the players than anything. He just divided the room. They’ll remember, just not necessarily in a positive light.

Yeah, and I wasn't trying to argue with you at all, I was just pointing out that there might be a difference between a "general awareness that Deion is doing a show" and whether anyone bothered to compensate Mark Pope for being a prop in that show.

Again, I've already made my feelings know, I don't think that event should have been filmed and/or used.

But even if Mark Pope explicitly agreed to let them use his humiliation in the show, he deserves a few bucks for that too.

No I agree 100% with that. Maybe he has? Maybe he had to in order to use it? Lots we don’t know. Pope didn’t exactly come off as upset that it was aired. He seemed more upset that it wasn’t accurate to him.

Advertisement
Not sure what his age matters in this. It could’ve been a 30 yo and it would’ve been as f’d up

So many adults on here acting like they would have been mentally strong enough to endure this type of experience at 23 let alone any age.

What Deon did was so sh*tty no matter the age. People just seem to get fixated on the wrong detail and miss the point way too often.

Kinda torn here. On one hand we have a bunch of oversensitive ***gots on this board. On the other I do agree he shouldn’t have been kicked off the team on TV.

Mark Pope is young and may still need to mature but embarrassing, this man for clout. Common working ppl would never be fired in front of his peers. If he desired to play for someone else this is fudged, an on his resume. Public embarrassment in your line of work is not a good look. OFFSET “Dey do anything for CLOUT” was

Advertisement
If Deion wins enough games at CU, a bunch of people in Denver are going to start chewing tobacco and banging their cousins...
Happy Laugh GIF by Achievement Hunter

Advertisement
Prime ain’t do a thing wrong to me. But I know kids who were on the team and have a different perspective
There’s also kids who thought it was bs. But when they went against the “ vote “ or his take he instantly jumped them defending his vote / decision. Which is more proof it was normal Deon theatrics for the camera. Just at the expense of another human.

Not sure what his age matters in this. It could’ve been a 30 yo and it would’ve been as f’d up
I just thought about this being a supervisor in the military and calling someone out in front of the whole unit lol. There's no need for it other than show. You can send a message by briefing the team that you had to let a player go due to certain issues. It will get the message across the same way of **** around and find out. I literally had to pull an airman aside yesterday who is 22 for making some bone headed mistakes because that is still young honestly. 20's are a time to make mistakes grow from that **** and keep pushing. Public humiliation is just a sign of leading with fear and that never works out 100%

There’s also kids who thought it was bs. But when they went against the “ vote “ or his take he instantly jumped them defending his vote / decision. Which is more proof it was normal Deon theatrics for the camera. Just at the expense of another human.
I mean I think most people with your stance already have a natural dislike for Deion in all honesty. And no matter what he does you’ll find a way to hate him, I saw you make a joke about him diving to miss tackles and all that. I think you’re bias. I relate to him as he and I are a lot alike so you and I like most on this board are gonna disagree on all things Deion. I do think it could have went differently but when you start killing him for this y’all lose me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back