Mark Pope’s dismissal from JSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, you're entitled to like Deion. No problem at all.

Second, I'm always gonna make jokes about Deion. I've been doing it for over 35 years. Can't stop now.

Third, I can dislike something Deion does, regardless of my feelings. As I've already said, Warrick Dunn and Derrick Brooks earned my respect. Deion never has. Regardless, I'd call out Warrick Dunn if he did something classless (highly unlikely), same as I would for anyone else.

Fourth, I'm definitely gonna go after Deion-lovers WHO DRAG A MARIO OR MIAMI COMPARISON INTO THE DISCUSSION, when there is no valid reason to do so.

I think that's my full list.
I’m not really sure what response you’re looking for her man but I’ll try to give you something.
1. I’m aware of that. I don’t think I like Deion as much as I respect Deion but I’ve spent time around him during his Dallas days to get that far and it wasn’t always easy.
2. You’re a grumpy old man and that’s why I enjoy you
3. I’m not sure how he or anyone you named could personally earn your respect. What was the criteria?
4. Ehh go for what you know man lol I can’t decide validity for you.

Advertisement
I won't be wrong. It's not even debatable.

Sanders is probably going to have an epic failure of a first year. I can see maybe a 5-7 season, plus getting blown out by G5s and school rivals. Likely misses a bowl game. He might still get a good recruiting class, but he's going to look like a clown to everyone outside the Colorado fanbase...

Waynes World Decision GIF

Not sure what his age matters in this. It could’ve been a 30 yo and it would’ve been as f’d up
Oh I agree with that.. age doesn't matter with what Deion did.

Just trying to acknowledge that Pope isn't really a "kid" anymore is all.

Sanders is probably going to have an epic failure of a first year. I can see maybe a 5-7 season, plus getting blown out by G5s and school rivals. Likely misses a bowl game. He might still get a good recruiting class, but he's going to look like a clown to everyone outside the Colorado fanbase...

Waynes World Decision GIF
If he goes 5-7 that's actually a success considering they won , what, 1 game last year.....
Side note: I said 5-7 is a success yet we finished........... wait for it............ 5-7.... ..... I take back my comment , you're right... I have nothing.... LOL!!!!

Prime ain’t do a thing wrong to me. But I know kids who were on the team and have a different perspective
You don't think the public humiliation in front of the team and on camera for the whole world to see was wrong?

Like I said I have no problem with the team vote in front of him or kicking him off the team. I just think the final dismissal should have been done in private.

Advertisement
Well I think his on job performance dictates if he’s alienated them or not. Chip Kelly, Nick Saban etc are World class ******** in their own right but they win so it’s glossed over
No doubt winning glosses over many things. Time will tell.

I don’t like or dislike the guy but he’s 100 percent all about himself, always has been and always will be. The people that do like him and defend him are the ones that are funny. He can do no wrong , and believe nonsense like the lord sent him to Colorado lol. It’s Al Golden but with his own theme song and jewelry.

Please tell me “his own theme song” is the Seminole Rap.

I just think y’all let being Miami fans dictate y’all whole reality and I can’t really get with it. The dude played for fsu 75 years ago. Now you just hating with no aim imo.

To be fair, it has nothing to do with FSU. It’s because his name is being rumored for a recruit that’s committed to us. Most laughed when he flipped Hunter from FSU but everything changed once he got Coleman and now CM is being rumored to flip (I doubt it but who knows). I’m confused because these same posters bashed Pope all the time when he was here. The acted like they wanted to cut him from the team a long time ago. Would I have did what Deion did? Naw but I wouldn’t have a reality show as a coach either. Then again, I don’t know what Pope did. I mean according to fanbase he was a bad teammate here (I don’t know, imo he just didn’t live up to the hype). I mean the team knew who Deion was addressing, they all were quick with their decisions. His homeboys had his back but many of his teammates was fed up.

Advertisement
There’s also kids who thought it was bs. But when they went against the “ vote “ or his take he instantly jumped them defending his vote / decision. Which is more proof it was normal Deon theatrics for the camera. Just at the expense of another human.
Never agreed with you more

I mean I think most people with your stance already have a natural dislike for Deion in all honesty. And no matter what he does you’ll find a way to hate him, I saw you make a joke about him diving to miss tackles and all that. I think you’re bias. I relate to him as he and I are a lot alike so you and I like most on this board are gonna disagree on all things Deion. I do think it could have went differently but when you start killing him for this y’all lose me

I think you’re wrong on this because I believe most of the people that find it objectionable would have felt the same way whoever did it.

If Mario did this, I would have criticized it the same way, as a punkass publicity move for clout.

Real leaders don’t humiliate their employees in public and then kick their asses out in front of their teammates, in essence adding even more salt to the wound. Total ***** move.

Advertisement
You're entitled to that take. I don't agree...but it is what it is.

This is a documentary for the largest company on planet earth. Sanders also has his son's social media company around at all times. Two crews of documentary film makers and social media teams around at all times. Sanders has been doing the reality TV circuit for...15 years? Something like that. I'm going to guess its not a rinky dink operation and media consent releases and all that jazz are taken of. People pleading ignorance on Mark Pope's behalf (something he doesn't even do on his own, btw) is just more enabling.

When you invite a documentary crew to document whatever it is they are documenting and you actively participate in it...you don't get to pick and choose what makes air and what hits the cutting room floor like that. That is absurd. I don't know if they are compensated (maybe by Amazon, but not WellOffMedia surely)...but do agree, the players should be. That is just a different conversation.
When the players signed their releases to be on PrimeCamp or whatever that show is called, I doubt any of them had in mind the possibility of being publicly humiliated.

Perhaps a future Colorado player can be followed by drones as he runs stadium steps, and throws up. Perhaps Prime can create his own version of the U fighting pit and solicit bets, MMA style. Perhaps Rodimus Prime can be recorded telling existing Colorado players, “Sorry, but you aren’t a part of this family. You’re gone”…then laughing and lighting a cigar.

I mean I think most people with your stance already have a natural dislike for Deion in all honesty. And no matter what he does you’ll find a way to hate him, I saw you make a joke about him diving to miss tackles and all that. I think you’re bias. I relate to him as he and I are a lot alike so you and I like most on this board are gonna disagree on all things Deion. I do think it could have went differently but when you start killing him for this y’all lose me

Pope was publicly acting an *** and disgracing the “family” as Deion called it. He addressed a lot of that behind closed doors including mark’s first offense. This was an example
Yeah, bull****. It’s a set up for the camera to absolutely steer the vote and humiliate Pope. If someone did this to Deion’s kid he’d have a coronary. The excuses being made for and in defense of him by the Cane Deionistas on Canesinsight is wild. By the way, outside of typical anti-gator/Semenhole type banter, I don’t think I’ve ever said a harsh thing about him prior to this. Maybe most people just don’t buy it or like it and see through this **** and it has nothing to do with other things.

Advertisement
Now if he is, and you’re wrong which I think you will be ultimately will you come back and own up to it like a man should?
Own up to what exactly? That @U Wouldn’t Understand thought this would hurt Deion’s ability to succeed and it ends up not having a visible impact? It doesn’t then make what he did perfectly acceptable. It doesn’t make him right any more than Brian Kelly isn’t right for stuff he did. It just means he got away with it.

Own up to what exactly? That @U Wouldn’t Understand thought this what hurt Deion’s ability to succeed and it ends up not having a visible impact? It doesn’t then make what he did perfectly acceptable. It doesn’t make him right any more than Brian Kelly isn’t right for stuff he did. It just means he got away with it.
That’s not at all what I read he just literally said he wouldn’t be a successful coach.

Yeah, bull****. It’s a set up for the camera to absolutely steer the vote and humiliate Pope. If someone did this to Deion’s kid he’d have a coronary. The excuses being made for and in defense of him by the Cane Deionistas on Canesinsight is wild. By the way, outside of typical anti-gator/Semenhole type banter, I don’t think I’ve ever said a harsh thing about him prior to this. Maybe most people just don’t buy it or like it and see through this **** and it has nothing to do with other things.
There are a couple questions I have for you that I won’t ask you in public out of respect for this forum but if the answers I expect I will get are correct it’ll explain why my stance is what it is and why you just typed that entire paragraph that involved making up names for people who don’t agree with you on a polarizing subject who happens to be one of the best ever. I’ll leave all things Deion alone from now on. Cause eye KNOW why I’m getting some of the responses I am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back