Mark Pope’s dismissal from JSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t see any discussion on this, but saw this clip on my Twitter TL. Deion absolutely violated Pope the way he kicked him off the team. I know Deion isn’t the most popular guy around these parts right now, but if he(and the other players) decided to get rid of Pope like this, just imagine how toxic our lockerroom was.

Hate to say it, but all these players transferring out is probably a good thing.

If this was a move to set an example, than I have no problem with what he did. If Prime is handling all of his situation like this, than it may be a short stint at CU, and with being a head coach in general.

Advertisement
If this was a move to set an example, than I have no problem with what he did. If Prime is handling all of his situation like this, than it may be a short stint at CU, and with being a head coach in general.
Pope was publicly acting an *** and disgracing the “family” as Deion called it. He addressed a lot of that behind closed doors including mark’s first offense. This was an example

There’s also kids who thought it was bs. But when they went against the “ vote “ or his take he instantly jumped them defending his vote / decision. Which is more proof it was normal Deon theatrics for the camera. Just at the expense of another human.

He's also clearly steering the team into voting against Pope just by the way he words things. "Should we give him a second chance, because I don't want to affect the rest of the family".

When a player says "get rid of the cancer" he says "amen, I like that". When another player says "you shouldn't do that to family" prime says something like "what if that player is poisoning the rest of the family.

This was never a vote, Deion knew how it would go for the cameras.

Last edited:
Pope was publicly acting an *** and disgracing the “family” as Deion called it. He addressed a lot of that behind closed doors including mark’s first offense. This was an example
It was an example all right, except the example was of a someone who shouldn't be coaching college football "acting an *** and disgracing the family". It's also an example of why he won't be successful coaching a P5 team at the next level.

It was an example all right, except the example was of a someone who shouldn't be coaching college football "acting an *** and disgracing the family". It's also an example of why he won't be successful coaching a P5 team at the next level.
Now if he is, and you’re wrong which I think you will be ultimately will you come back and own up to it like a man should?

Advertisement
20230106_151100.jpg

I mean I think most people with your stance already have a natural dislike for Deion in all honesty. And no matter what he does you’ll find a way to hate him, I saw you make a joke about him diving to miss tackles and all that. I think you’re bias. I relate to him as he and I are a lot alike so you and I like most on this board are gonna disagree on all things Deion. I do think it could have went differently but when you start killing him for this y’all lose me
The room was split on the vote. Depending on perspective and life in general, the outside world will have about the same opinion/s.

From my perch, cameras or not, it should have been a private matter between player and coach.

Advertisement
The room was split on the vote. Depending on perspective and life in general, the outside world will have about the same opinion/s.

From my perch, cameras or not, it should have been a private matter between player and coach.
I don’t disagree with the private thing. Do I think how it happened is the worst thing in the world? No I don’t think so lol

I mean I think most people with your stance already have a natural dislike for Deion in all honesty. And no matter what he does you’ll find a way to hate him, I saw you make a joke about him diving to miss tackles and all that. I think you’re bias. I relate to him as he and I are a lot alike so you and I like most on this board are gonna disagree on all things Deion. I do think it could have went differently but when you start killing him for this y’all lose me
No I actually have no issue with Deon. Him and Bo Jackson were my favorite players growing up in the 80’s. So I know all about Deon and even defended him when he left JSU.

It wasn’t his fault he ****ed down peoples legs , told them it was raining and they believed him. They made it into he was changing the HBCU’s and over romanticized it when he was just using that gig to build a resume to get a P5 gig. Everyone in coaching circles knew this. He played the game like most coaches do. He used them and while doing it he brought it money and helped the program. Which is all good in my book.

I don’t like or dislike the guy but he’s 100 percent all about himself, always has been and always will be. The people that do like him and defend him are the ones that are funny. He can do no wrong , and believe nonsense like the lord sent him to Colorado lol. It’s Al Golden but with his own theme song and jewelry. Car salesman ****. He‘s just selling used luxury cars.

The defending him with this is the jumping the shark moment for his stans, if any other coach did some slimy crap like this in front of America y’all would be up in arms. **** all the talking heads lose their mind when Muschamp, Saban , Mario or Smart cuss a player out during a game. Which one is worse? And by a large discrepancy ? Cussing a kid out in the heat of the moment in game or a premeditated theatre show that ethered somebody on live camera for the country to watch? Just to sell your flick and to get attention? Sorry but that’s ***** made and I won’t defend ****ery.

I actually had nothing against him and kind of respected what he did at JSU. now he is trash in my book.

Advertisement
I don’t disagree with the private thing. Do I think how it happened is the worst thing in the world? No I don’t think so lol
Even though he’s a semenhole, I have no qualms with Sandwrs other than I’ve always thought he was a showboater. That being said, he’s alienating at least half his “audience” with that action. It might, and it might not, come back to bite him in the ***.

No I actually have no issue with Deon. Him and Bo Jackson were my favorite players growing up in the 80’s. So I know all about Deon and even defended him when he left JSU.

It wasn’t his fault he ****ed down peoples legs , told them it was raining and they believed him. They made it into he was changing the HBCU’s and over romanticized it when he was just using that gig to build a resume to get a P5 gig. Everyone in coaching circles knew this. He played the game like most coaches do. He used them and while doing it he brought it money and helped the program. Which is all good in my book.

I don’t like or dislike the guy but he’s 100 percent all about himself, always has been and always will be. The people that do like him and defend him are the ones that are funny. He can do no wrong , and believe nonsense like the lord sent him to Colorado lol. It’s Al Golden but with his own theme song and jewelry. Car salesman *****.

The defending him with this is the jumping the shark moment for his stans, if any other coach did some slimy crap like this in front of America y’all would be up in arms. **** all the talking heads lose their mind when Muschamp, Saban , Mario or Smart cuss a player out during a game. Which one is worse? And by a large discrepancy ? Cussing a kid out in the heat of the moment in game or a premeditated theatre show that ethered somebody on live camera for the country to watch? Just to sell your flick and to get attention? Sorry but that’s ***** made and I won’t defend ****ery.
I didn’t like him going to JSU saying what he was saying. I hated it but I acknowledge the good he did there too. I hold Deion accountable for what he should be held accountable for. We can go on and on but we won’t see eye to eye. **** there are things I don’t like about Mario Cristobal that are well documented. All these guys are their own case and every situation different. This particular instance just feels off for me

Advertisement
Even though he’s a semenhole, I have no qualms with Sandwrs other than I’ve always thought he was a showboater. That being said, he’s alienating at least half his “audience” with that action. It might, and it might not, come back to bite him in the ***.
Well I think his on job performance dictates if he’s alienated them or not. Chip Kelly, Nick Saban etc are World class ******** in their own right but they win so it’s glossed over

First, you're entitled to like Deion. No problem at all.

Second, I'm always gonna make jokes about Deion. I've been doing it for over 35 years. Can't stop now.

Third, I can dislike something Deion does, regardless of my feelings. As I've already said, Warrick Dunn and Derrick Brooks earned my respect. Deion never has. Regardless, I'd call out Warrick Dunn if he did something classless (highly unlikely), same as I would for anyone else.

Fourth, I'm definitely gonna go after Deion-lovers WHO DRAG A MARIO OR MIAMI COMPARISON INTO THE DISCUSSION, when there is no valid reason to do so.

I think that's my full list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back