Mark Pope’s dismissal from JSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I agree with your post except that discipline and being publicly humiliated are two very different things..... Again, I understand what you're getting at I just see a big difference between acceptable discipline and what Deion did... I mean in my eyes what Deion did had nothing to do with discipline, nothing at all... That was just Deion leading cattle to the slaughter for Deion's own benefit.... Hope you get what I mean...
Yes but I hope you realize that I think what Deion did was disgusting and 100% for his PrimeTime brand. He's pathetic and hopefully these kids and parents will catch on to his act eventually.

Yes but I hope you realize that I think what Deion did was disgusting and 100% for his PrimeTime brand. He's pathetic and hopefully these kids and parents will catch on to his act eventually.
Oh I do .... I just see so many posts on here using the word discipline and it just has me shaking my head.... That's why I said I agree with the things you posted... Maybe I should have made that part a bit more clear... LOL... I'ts early... I need coffee.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
After reading all 21 pages of this thread 90% of the posters thought it was a terrible thing to do and about 10% thought it was a good thing.

Now imagine how parents of young kids will feel. These kids these days are Prima donnas and aren't as strong minded as the generations before them who got spanked and disciplined the old fashion way. All you have to do is look at the way kids handle recruiting these days. The kids and their parents won't want to be the next one to be lambasted on Dieon's circus show. JMO
I am convinced in any group you are just going to find people that enjoy meanness, bullying and authoritarianism. this really shouldn't be a debate but some insist on trying to say it is somehow good for the coddled youth and young adults of america to be humiliated and exploited by highly paid, high profile and powerful people on national tv or in public. discipline is fine but do it in private or at least in front of his teammates only.

Wow, I haven’t been paying attention to the Deion stuff in here, only seen some side comments. Do we really have a contingent of Deion-fearing, Deion-worshipping, Deion-Slurping Deionistas in here on CIS???

🤮

Every last one of you should go join a Colorado Buffaloes message board and stay there.

Yes we do. And a lot of the Deion D!cksuckers are also Kiffin ***********.

Deion getting exposed as a scumbag.
But Pope hasn't been exactly a model team player so I wouldn't fully trust his side of the story either, like he said.
But that video shows Deion is about Deion. Like I said, Pope may have and probably deserved to get kicked off the team.

But not like that.

You just don't handle that kind of business in front of a camera crew and the whole team.

You can potentially question Pope on "I never did anything wrong".

You really can't question him on being put into practice situations with no medical or other preparation. That situation would be provable by dates and travel records and practice logs.

I can respect the fact that Deion is trying to rise up the coaching ranks. But do I believe that Deion respects any written rules of coaching/recruiting or the unwritten rules of human behavior/respect/decency? No, I do not.

I've never been a fan of any player at F$U. But some, like Warrick Dunn and Derrick Brooks, earned my respect.

Advertisement
So your saying they wont do it not because they fear getting kicked off the team but because they will be kicked of the team in front of a camera?

To me it shows that Deion is about being on camera. This is anything but a family and if Deion can use you to get some viewers he will. Good or not.

I am actually for public executions btw... skin MFers you know did it 100% alive on TV with their parents in the front row. The catch is you know 100% they did it.
There have been dozens of people that were thought to have 100% did it, and were eventually found innocent due to faulty testimony or outright fraud and deceit. The system isn't perfect, and honestly it's rare that you can prove beyomd a shadow of a doubt that someone fully committed a crime. The standard has to be super high to justify the barbaric act you advocate for.

I am convinced in any group you are just going to find people that enjoy meanness, bullying and authoritarianism. this really shouldn't be a debate but some insist on trying to say it is somehow good for the coddled youth and young adults of america to be humiliated and exploited by highly paid, high profile and powerful people on national tv or in public. discipline is fine but do it in private or at least in front of his teammates only.
There are a lot of wannabe sociopaths and sadists in society. They just wish they had the power to humiliate someone and get away with it. Hence why they are willing to support others doing it publicly, so they can live vicariously through them.

You can potentially question Pope on "I never did anything wrong".

You really can't question him on being put into practice situations with no medical or other preparation. That situation would be provable by dates and travel records and practice logs.

I can respect the fact that Deion is trying to rise up the coaching ranks. But do I believe that Deion respects any written rules of coaching/recruiting or the unwritten rules of human behavior/respect/decency? No, I do not.

I've never been a fan of any player at F$U. But some, like Warrick Dunn and Derrick Brooks, earned my respect.
I too am obviously not in the business of ever promoting F$U Football but you're absolutely right with that last sentence.

If we really want to talk about a dude that actually does real things for his community (and the world in general) without self-aggrandizement and personal gain/glory being the primary motivators, then you won't find a better example than Warrick Dunn. A class act despite being a Nole.

Advertisement
I’m sorry man but you have to spell the curse words out please.

I thought I did. I think the system still edits the D-word, and the K-word is just meant to go with Kiffin, like on Tosh.0.

1673018590821.jpeg

Advertisement
Lot of folks seem to be missing the point here. It's not about Pope, it could have been any player. It's not about the vote, leaving it up to the team can be a good thing. It's 100% about being put into a documentary and released to the public. Kick him off the team, I don't give a ****. Do not put that **** on social media... that's the douche move. Those kinds of team meetings should be kept private imo. Making a spectacle out of any kid for personal gain is a **** boy move.

Had Mario, Jimmy, or Butch done something like this I would lose a lot of respect for them also. It's a classless move imo.

Wow, I haven’t been paying attention to the Deion stuff in here, only seen some side comments. Do we really have a contingent of Deion-fearing, Deion-worshipping, Deion-Slurping Deionistas in here on CIS???

🤮

Every last one of you should go join a Colorado Buffaloes message board and stay there.
It's pathetic.

Dude acts like a HS "diva" as so many posters like to say about 17-18 year olds.... at the age of 55.

I guess you have be exactly 40 to act like a man. Shout out to Mike Gundy.

There have been dozens of people that were thought to have 100% did it, and were eventually found innocent due to faulty testimony or outright fraud and deceit. The system isn't perfect, and honestly it's rare that you can prove beyomd a shadow of a doubt that someone fully committed a crime. The standard has to be super high to justify the barbaric act you advocate for.

Yeah that's exactly why I said 100%. Which leaves zero room for error. Which would be very hard to prove but I am over it. People purposely taking innocent lives should have their lives ended in such a heinous way that anyone who ever thinks about it again is scared sh!itless of the consequence and not just fearful for themselves but for every person they have ever loved. Jail is a few steps below a paid vaca for many of these hard line gangsters. They will kill you and your kids for nothing and it wont phase them one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back