Mario Cristobal on Joe Rose 10/24

the issue is in the pros you lose and youre usually rewarded w a draft pick (higher ones) to rebuild. in college, losing serves no purpose. you lose and you dont get better recruits. you have to win to land players not lose to bottom out.
You missed the point.

If you want to be the fan stuck in 2012 saying this team sucks their never going to turn the page their just tanking and will never build anything.., than you shouldn’t be the same fan crying how loyal you’ve been in 2022 with all the success

Things take time to develop…. If you can’t handle the process take a step back follow a different team or just care less and check back if things turn around and we’re cruising again with 10+ win seasons.

Advertisement
Well, let's not forget we took the lead early in the 3rd quarter with a quick TD, a turnover, and then another TD.

It all went **** up after that which is hard to understand.
the drive where duke took 10 min off the clock and got the lead back - we got them into a goal to go situation from the 20 after a pick play got called on them. they still scored the td on the shovel lol. they went for fourth down twice I believe on that drive and completed third and distance situations throughout the drive.

In your opinion Is next year still the demolition process ?

Taking reality for what it is 7 games in, if he purges the roster of players who don't buy in, signs a decent class, and hits the transfer portal hard you would think next year should show signs of improvement, not regression. If that happens and we're still a dumpster fire then that's cause for concern.

And Gattis needs to go.

You missed the point.

If you want to be the fan stuck in 2012 saying this team sucks their never going to turn the page their just tanking and will never build anything.., than you shouldn’t be the same fan crying how loyal you’ve been in 2022 with all the success

Things take time to develop…. If you can’t handle the process take a step back follow a different team or just care less and check back if things turn around and we’re cruising again with 10+ win seasons.
I agree things take time to develop but come on man. it doesn't take going 4-8 or 5-7 to build a 10 win team after being a 7 win team the year before. you could at least coach and play to a 7 win team (really 8 bc the schedule didnt include Bama and Michigan state). I agree things take time but getting blown the **** out by Middle Tennessee and duke at home isnt that. thats pure failure by everyone in the building.

the funny part is It appears the team folded after we went up 21-17 (was watching the replay last night). after that 10 min drive of conversion after conversion (ooh guess how many times the QB just ran?).
Couldn't understand that sequence of events. We gain the lead, the momentum, and then we start getting pushed around on defense after giving up only 111 yards in the 1st half.

We had the turnovers, but we forced only 1 FG on all of Duke's scoring drives.

Advertisement
Don’t lie to us mario. some players definitely quit.

Unless someone tells their mommy we will never hear about him addressing it with the the culpable players. And that is perfectly fine. Look to see who is playing and who is riding pine.

Couldn't understand that sequence of events. We gain the lead, the momentum, and then we start getting pushed around on defense after giving up on 111 yards in the 1st half.

We had the turnovers, but we forced only 1 FG on all of Duke's scoring drives.
that wasn't a quit situation imo. the quit should've happened when we lost TVD and Jake threw the pick to end the half.

Advertisement
the drive where duke took 10 min off the clock and got the lead back - we got them into a goal to go situation from the 20 after a pick play got called on them. they still scored the td on the shovel lol. they went for fourth down twice I believe on that drive and completed third and distance situations throughout the drive.
That was killer. I remember yelling, "Duke is helping us and we still can't get off the field!!!"

I think we folded after that or at least it looked like it.

I agree things take time to develop but come on man. it doesn't take going 4-8 or 5-7 to build a 10 win team after being a 7 win team the year before. you could at least coach and play to a 7 win team (really 8 bc the schedule didnt include Bama and Michigan state). I agree things take time but getting blown the **** out by Middle Tennessee and duke at home isnt that. thats pure failure by everyone in the building.
I’ll agree with you…. That the losses this year have been flat out embarrassing. This program has been the definition of mediocre and it’s been allowed to fester this long… time to rip the bandaid rip some skin and let it heal anew.

A full off-season with a true gauge of what Mario and Zo have on the roster and coaching staff and how best to upgrade will be where I judge them for this season.

Advertisement
Some people are losing their minds on this rebuild….

I’m comparing this to my fandom of the Houston Astros….

All everyone sees now is out of the past 6 world series the Astros have played in 4 of them. Dominated the name brand Yankees in that time too… an unbelievable time to be a fan of this team.

But! To get to this point fans who actually followed the team endured 100+win losing seasons and a product on the major league level that was a brutal to watch while the young pups ran up the minors….

This was never going to be a one year turnaround…. This was always going to be a multi year fix..,, everyone around this program has known how bad the culture is and how it needs to be cleansed. Mario will get a pass from me as he now knows his team… his coaches… and the exact predicament he is in. He brought in some nice portal players and a decent quick transition class but if he can hold onto a top 10 class and get one more next year on top of some great portal finds I can see us on track (10wins) in year 3. We need quality players who want to work hard and aren’t happy with 7 or 8 win seasons and posting TikTok videos…
Been a ‘stros fan my whole life. Can confirm it’s been pretty brutal for the most part until 2017

I’ll agree with you…. That the losses this year have been flat out embarrassing. This program has been the definition of mediocre and it’s been allowed to fester this long… time to rip the bandaid rip some skin and let it heal anew.

A full off-season with a true gauge of what Mario and Zo have on the roster and coaching staff and how best to upgrade will be where I judge them for this season.
fair enough

Advertisement
What I heard in that call is Mario is going to keep doing the same thing - we just need to keep working. Gonna be a long tenure if he thinks this style of offense is gonna work here.
Wasn't Joe Brady supposedly Mario's first choice? How can you say Mario's offensive style isn't going to work when his first choice was a guy who ran a high powered offense? You ever think that he had to go with what he could get because for whatever reason the ones he really wanted turned him down?

Advertisement
Back