Mario Cristobal on Joe Rose 10/24

If you were the coach what would you say? I understand they suck right now but you don't say that? Please paraphrase what you would say?

Losing and poor effort will not be tolerated at the University of Miami. Any players we feel arent giving full effort will be benched. If improvement is not made by these players they will be kicked off the team.

Coaches not getting their jobs done will be talked to. If the issues aren't resolved they will be fired.

Advertisement
Losing and poor effort will not be tolerated at the University of Miami. Any players we feel arent giving full effort will be benched. If improvement is not made by these players they will be kicked off the team.

Coaches not getting their jobs done will be talked to. If the issues aren't resolved they will be fired.

So do you say that to the media and the fans to appease them or keep it in the clubhouse and say the same thing to only the players and coaches?

I'm mad, y'all mad, but some just want to be miserable.

But I'm not really that mad. My Eagles are 6-0 and my Phillies are in the World Series.
Other things in life to be happy and thankful for than to keep harping on why we've sucked post 2005. It's tiresome.
Season is a wash, I'm waiting for the off-season to see what changes are made and who comes and goes in terms of staff and the roster.

GO PHILLIES, BIH

Advertisement
If you were the coach what would you say? I understand they suck right now but you don't say that? Please paraphrase what you would say?
Well Cristobal can't say anything about schemes because he doesn't know. He's not an offensive or defensive guy.

That why he just resorts to the same, "got to be tough", "got to work harder", "need to execute", "need 5 cafecitos instead of 3", "need to get up at 2a instead of 3a"

He doesn't have the answers.

I think we’ll have at minimum 30 new players in this team next season.

He hates this roster. Hopefully he feels the same about the OC/WR & QB coach.
I kinda hate this roster too. Fiu, Duke x2, MTSU, etc. will do that to a fan...and a coach.

Well Cristobal can't say anything about schemes because he doesn't know. He's not an offensive or defensive guy.

That why he just resorts to the same, "got to be tough", "got to work harder", "need to execute", "need 5 cafecitos instead of 3", "need to get up at 2a instead of 3a"

He doesn't have the answers.
So he’s just a guy?

Army Guard GIF by NationalGuard

Advertisement
He has more on his plate than culture and players. He hired the staff that’s in charge of helping renovate the house.
Had he come in with the coaches that gel with the players and a scheme that matched the personnel he would be undefeated right now. The injuries ain’t helping, but the scheme ain’t help keep guys healthy either. Running into starched boxes don’t help no one. Those pile ups (for a yard) injured all the linemen.

They absolutely changed the scheme but it was too late and it’s still not producing enough points. This staff tried to fit a square peg into a round hole all off-season and then tried to make a change in-season when it was evident it’s not working.

They should have made the changes in the off-season when they could have repped and fine tuned this offense - the school is paying top dollar for the staff to evaluate this team correctly. This team with a competent offensive staff would be 5-2 today at worst.

As to if Mario will make changes - I hope so but I also get the feeling that Mario will be hard headed and continue down with this style of play. I will be more than happy to say I was wrong if he makes the needed changes.
We won in the trenches the first three games including Texas AM. It was an illusion. At that point there was no reason to change the balance. Then the OL fell apart and it really showed the downside of tight formations with slow developing routes. On top of that, teams sold out against the run. They assumed they could walk into mtsu and win regardless. They changed at the right time. Hopefully he learned a lesson going forward though.

Advertisement
That was killer. I remember yelling, "Duke is helping us and we still can't get off the field!!!"

I think we folded after that or at least it looked like it.
I said it during the game in the “Game Day” thread.

You cannot rush 3 dudes on 4th & 9, and give any QB all day to throw the ball. 99% of QB’s will make you pay, especially when you have your worst and slowest coverage LB trying to figure out who and what area of the zone to cover. Flagg was almost 20 yards downfield, and they only needed 9.

The corching is all-time bad. From the schemes to the play-calling, to the teaching. Just downright booty juice.

Biggest play of the game. WR and TE out wide and one Duke defender absolutely panicking and trying to call help that he was outnumbered and we were going to pick it up easy.

What do we do? Qb doesn't even look at that side of the field, he motions the TE split out wide into the jumbo formation and we run in up the middle for less than the yard we needed.

I almost fell on the ground laughing it was so inept and predictable.
That’s because that was the play that Mario and Gattis called.

You’re forgetting that this is the “check with the corches first” offensive scheme. TVD couldn’t have changed the play call even if he wanted to.

We won in the trenches the first three games including Texas AM. It was an illusion. At that point there was no reason to change the balance. Then the OL fell apart and it really showed the downside of tight formations with slow developing routes. On top of that, teams sold out against the run. They assumed they could walk into mtsu and win regardless. They changed at the right time. Hopefully he learned a lesson going forward though.
Bro they scored 9 pts against A&M. I don’t care how much you’ve moved the ball if you can’t score - pts win games not yards.

This has been the theme for the offense all season too - when something is so consistent you can bet that it’s been happening in practice. We could have adapted this offense in the off season but we chose to roll into the season with this style of play because it’s the identity mario/gattis want.

Advertisement
Holy ****!!! Wat the **** are some of you talking about!?! Most ppl are just saying beat Duke and MTSU. Why are u guys cutting these dudes so much slack?

Losing to these bad teams "needs to happen" and "the fans need to buy into the rebuild". That's garbage!!!

Duke has a 1st year head coach n flipped over the roster, they seem to have no problems on Saturday.

Hold ppl accountable geezz, why are excuses being made for grown *** men making millions and are really really really underperforming.
Most of these posters are in denial. They don’t want to accept what they are seeing.

Cognitive dissonance is a real thing. It’s a way for people to cope when they don’t want to have to face certain things or situations.

No matter how much logic and facts you hit them with, the majority of them will not want to listen or change. They are in their “safe space”, where their mind tells them everything will be alright, when in reality, we’re in a heap of **** with this HC.

As I’ve said many times before, he can still save his legacy here, but he would have to have an epiphany on what he sees as a winning football program in today’s FBS.

I get the “culture” thing. But a lot of these same kids finished last season on a 6-1 streak, including a demolition of the same Duke juggernaut that just handed our team a beat down at HRS.

The F$U and Clemp$on games will be ugly. I said a few weeks ago that 4-8 was our ceiling, and sadly, I’ve seen no evidence that would lead me to change my mind.

Most of these posters are in denial. They don’t want to accept what they are seeing.

Cognitive dissonance is a real thing. It’s a way for people to cope when they don’t want to have to face certain things or situations.

No matter how much logic and facts you hit them with, the majority of them will not want to listen or change. They are in their “safe space”, where their mind tells them everything will be alright, when in reality, we’re in a heap of **** with this HC.

As I’ve said many times before, he can still save his legacy here, but he would have to have an epiphany on what he sees as a winning football program in today’s FBS.

I get the “culture” thing. But a lot of these same kids finished last season on a 6-1 streak, including a demolition of the same Duke juggernaut that just handed our team a beat down at HRS.

The F$U and Clemp$on games will be ugly. I said a few weeks ago that 4-8 was our ceiling, and sadly, I’ve seen no evidence that would lead me to change my mind.
Cognitive dissonance is exactly right. It's amazing how large groups of grown people could be so manipulated.

We're stuck with Mario, he's not going anywhere. Let's atleast be real in our critiques.

I left a perfectly comfortable bed to be in the Green Lot at 7:30am on Saturday. I know we're ****y and obviously take things out of context but Mario has 80 million reasons to not say such stupid **** that CAN be easily misconstrued too.

How about some practice reports? Nobody know what’s going on at practice today? Who was at practice? Who wasn’t? How were the reps split up?

Advertisement
Back