Mario Cristobal on Joe Rose 10/24

Bro they scored 9 pts against A&M. I don’t care how much you’ve moved the ball if you can’t score - pts win games not yards.

This has been the theme for the offense all season too - when something is so consistent you can bet that it’s been happening in practice. We could have adapted this offense in the off season but we chose to roll into the season with this style of play because it’s the identity mario/gattis want.
we won in every facet but where it mattered. thats the moral victory everyone is holding onto 7 games in. we can't score the ball. its a trend now.

Advertisement
What I heard in that call is Mario is going to keep doing the same thing - we just need to keep working. Gonna be a long tenure if he thinks this style of offense is gonna work here.

116 teams run the ball more frequently than we do

The style guys are the dumbest ones on here

116 teams run the ball more frequently than we do

The style guys are the dumbest ones on here
Oh look in one off-season we managed to go from 34 ppg to 18.5 ppg! A whopping 16 ppg decrease with an easier schedule! But sure bud keep believing that the style of offense we run has nothing to do with how historically abominable this offense's production is!

TeamOCPPG vs P5 Teams
2016 MiamiRicht/Brown29.3
2017 MiamiRicht/Brown25.91
2018 MiamiRicht/Brown21.7
2019 MiamiEnos25.55
2020 MiamiLashlee34.3
2021 MiamiLashlee34
2022 MiamiGattis18.5

Advertisement
Oh look in one off-season we managed to go from 34 ppg to 18.5 ppg! A whopping 16 ppg decrease with an easier schedule! But sure bud keep believing that the style of offense we run has nothing to do with how historically abominable this offense's production is!

TeamOCPPG vs P5 Teams
2019 MiamiEnos25.55
2020 MiamiLashlee34.3
2021 MiamiLashlee34
2022 MiamiGattis18.5

We suck *** because our OL is one of the worst in the country and has been for years

How did that vaunted Lashlee offense do against Bama last yr? Or the first half of UVA/UNC/FSU?

We haven’t had a OL drafted since Isidora got picked in rd 5 by the Vikings in ‘18, and before him it was Feliciano in rd 4 in ‘15.

That’s pathetic and until there is actual talent on OL we will never be a good offense no matter the scheme

How many pts did The Godfather of the Air Raid put up on Bama on Sat? I’ll hang up and listen

We suck *** because our OL is one of the worst in the country and has been for years

How did that vaunted Lashlee offense do against Bama last yr? Or the first half of UVA/UNC/FSU?

We haven’t had a OL drafted since Isidora got picked in rd 5 by the Vikings in ‘18, and before him it was Feliciano in rd 4 in ‘15.

That’s pathetic and until there is actual talent on OL we will never be a good offense no matter the scheme

How many pts did The Godfather of the Air Raid put up on Bama on Sat? I’ll hang up and listen
Yea our oline has been bad for quite some time but Lashlee was able to scheme around that and yield 34 ppg. Not great in today's game but a heck of a lot better than the pathetic 18.5 we're scoring this year.

Ok lets talk the Bama game... we scored 13 on Bama. I would argue that Lashlee would score a heck of a lot more than 9 against A&M and actually give us a chance to win that game. In UVA/UNC - we scored 28 and 42 all while breaking in a QB that was still a pup. Gattis on the other hand took almost half a season to learn how to utilize the reigning acc rookie of the year. FSU's a rivalry game where we underperformed and yet he was still able to score 28... 10 more than our current season average.

A good coach adapts his style to the personnel that he has. 2-3 years from now when you've stocked your roster with 5 star olinemen go ahead and run it down everyone's throats. But until then run the offense that gives your team the ability to maximize its win potential. Lashlee isn't perfect but with this personnel we would have scored a heck of a lot more and likely been 5-2 at worst.

Lmao you're really bringing up Miss St vs Alabama. Miss St's talent composite has them ranked 29th, Alabama is ranked number 1. That's nowhere close to an appropriate analogy. We have the 13th most talented roster, Duke has the 64th and MTSU has the 95th. By the numbers we should have destroyed both of those teams but instead they took advantage of Gattis' inept scheme for this personnel.

No one's asking that this team go win a NC... what we are asking is that we at least perform to our potential. When you pay an OC 1.8M you expect that the OC will get the most out of his players - and the polar of that has happened with the 2022 Miami Hurricanes Offense.

We’re getting drubbed at home by teams like MTSU and Duke. Teams that are way less talented than us, and with way less resources and money being put into their programs. We are paying our coaching staff 14 million a year, you better believe the fan base expects better results. Not even Manny got blown out like this by **** teams.

Take the rest of this thread off.

No one expected us to beat teams like Clemson this season. But the product that we’ve seen on the field this season is atrocious and unacceptable.

Advertisement

No Idea Reaction GIF by SomeGoodNews

TeamOCPPG vs P5 Teams
2019 MiamiEnos25.55
2020 MiamiLashlee34.3
2021 MiamiLashlee34
2022 MiamiGattis18.5
There is absolutely no way a Mario bro can defend this

It was. We lost the game right there, IMO. It's like we aren't good enough to change the outcome, once the momentum goes against us. Once things go bad, for whatever reason (coaching, scheme, play calls, talent, infighting, feeling sorry for ourselves, blind *** refs, whatever the fucc), it fuccin keeps going bad. Going forward, I would like to see that change. We got to be able to make big momentum changing plays, when **** go wrong.
It's about mental toughness. Right now, we're mentally a weak team. That needs to be fixed before anyone can think About physical toughness.

Advertisement
Mario's scheme with Manny's guys is a terrible combination. Like Helen Keller performing brain surgery, I wouldn't recommend it. Luckily for us, half this team will be gone next year through dissidence

TeamOCPPG vs P5 Teams
2019 MiamiEnos25.55
2020 MiamiLashlee34.3
2021 MiamiLashlee34
2022 MiamiGattis18.5

I went back as far as I could check and I don't think we've had a scoring offense this bad in the modern era of Hurricanes football. It may be the worst scoring offense in 40 years.

I think Gattis has to go.

Advertisement
I went back as far as I could check and I don't think we've had a scoring offense this bad in the modern era of Hurricanes football. It may be the worst scoring offense in 40 years.

I think Gattis has to go.
You could very well be right. I wanted to compare this offense to the pat nix offense in the 2000’s but I have a feeling this one is worse

You could very well be right. I wanted to compare this offense to the pat nix offense in the 2000’s but I have a feeling this one is worse

2008 Nix: 26.3 ppg against P5 opponents
2007 Nix: 18.5 ppg against P5 opponents...tied with Gattis
2006 Olson: 13.4 ppg against P5 opponents...yikes, I stand corrected

So 2nd worst in the last 40 years.

2008 Nix: 26.3 ppg against P5 opponents
2007 Nix: 18.5 ppg against P5 opponents...tied with Gattis
2006 Olson: 13.4 ppg against P5 opponents...yikes, I stand corrected

So 2nd worst in the last 40 years.
Wow didn't realize Olson was so bad. We wasted so many good defenses...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 6.48.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 6.48.35 PM.png
    379.9 KB · Views: 1
Advertisement
Back