Mario Cristobal on Joe Rose 10/24

Advertisement
Advertisement
Would appreciate. I never have enough time to listen to all the audio content stuff any more.
A few things that stood out (and I’m going to paraphrase)

Mario mentioned a couple of times that he and the staff left great jobs to come to Miami understanding the challenges turning the program around after years of ineptitude.

He believes he can turn the program into championship caliber.

Asked about player effort Sat, Mario said he didn’t see anybody laying down

Asked about the 8 turnovers and he mentioned Roosters fumble, KeyShawn’s fumble, and another as being mental lapses.

Asked about Jake’s play he said he made some good plays but obviously there were some Jake would like to have back.

No update on TVD’s status and it looks like no OL will return soon.

Always talks about returning to work and being real with the players and coaches.

Mario mentioned a couple of times that he and the staff left great jobs to come to Miami understanding the challenges turning the program around after years of ineptitude.

Asked about the 8 turnovers and he mentioned Roosters fumble, KeyShawn’s fumble, and another as being mental lapses.

Asked about Jake’s play he said he made some good plays but obviously there were some Jake would like to have back.

Always talks about returning to work and being real with the players and coaches.
Over It Abandon Thread GIF

Advertisement
Big thing I noticed was he kept talking about the "half a yard".

We were up 7-0 and driving..went for it on 4th and didn't get the half yard. A few plays later we've given up 3 turnovers and we're down 14-7 instead of up 14-0.

He said that quick sequence of events was a huge killer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Big thing I noticed was he kept talking about the "half a yard".

We were up 7-0 and driving..went for it on 4th and didn't get the half yard. A few plays later we've given up 3 turnovers and we're down 14-7 instead of up 14-0.

He said that quick sequence of events was a huge killer.
It was. We lost the game right there, IMO. It's like we aren't good enough to change the outcome, once the momentum goes against us. Once things go bad, for whatever reason (coaching, scheme, play calls, talent, infighting, feeling sorry for ourselves, blind *** refs, whatever the fucc), it fuccin keeps going bad. Going forward, I would like to see that change. We got to be able to make big momentum changing plays, when **** go wrong.

Don’t lie to us mario. some players definitely quit.

Advertisement
Back