Mario Cristobal on Joe Rose 10/24

Advertisement
Mario mentioned a few times how the OL cant get 1 yd when you need to also mentioned Roosters fumble as the main readons we didny go up big early.

People will hear what they want to hear. Here is the contextualization of his answer which sounds much less damning than what some were hoping for.

TRANSCRIPT_01:
Joe Rose: "Mario I got to ask you when you took the job...is this thing where you thought it would be when you looked at the level of talent and everything around winning games"

Coach: "Well you never really know where exactly it's going to land. The truth is the truth. We left some really really good jobs that we had built into great jobs to come here and make sure that we build Miami into what it should be and fully knowing that it is a very large task due to some of the inadequacies from past years; like we get it. We're all about it, we knew it would come with lumps. We're okay with that. We're all about the work. The key to it is that you need tough minded people, man. You need tough minded people to coach it, to put it together, to deal with the lumps because that is what it takes. That is what it's always taken to rebuild places; especially places that have been at the top of the mountain. So, we're for all of it, we get it. We know what comes with it, we totally understand reality and we live in the world of reality we're for all of it and that's what we're doing and day by day we just keep going at it and working at it and making sure we're taking whatever steps necessary to keep building it the right way because we will be a championship football program. You just gotta have to have guts; you got to have the intestinal fortitude to get after it and not flinch.

TRANSCRIPT_02:
Joe Rose: "...what's the message to fans out there who are frustrated as you are with the season so far?"

Coach: "...the message is simple; the message has been consistent since day one. We left everything that we have been doing in all our careers to come to Miami because we love Miami and we know what Miami needs to be and should be--and also knowing that there was a very large task at hand and that it comes with the lumps. So, we're here for the lumps, we're here for whatever it takes and we're working at it, and you know what? Great days are ahead. We got to work through some of this stuff and the issues that we're currently going through to get there."

Coach Mario Cristobal just gets it :backyard-pool:

Some people are losing their minds on this rebuild….

I’m comparing this to my fandom of the Houston Astros….

All everyone sees now is out of the past 6 world series the Astros have played in 4 of them. Dominated the name brand Yankees in that time too… an unbelievable time to be a fan of this team.

But! To get to this point fans who actually followed the team endured 100+win losing seasons and a product on the major league level that was a brutal to watch while the young pups ran up the minors….

This was never going to be a one year turnaround…. This was always going to be a multi year fix..,, everyone around this program has known how bad the culture is and how it needs to be cleansed. Mario will get a pass from me as he now knows his team… his coaches… and the exact predicament he is in. He brought in some nice portal players and a decent quick transition class but if he can hold onto a top 10 class and get one more next year on top of some great portal finds I can see us on track (10wins) in year 3. We need quality players who want to work hard and aren’t happy with 7 or 8 win seasons and posting TikTok videos…

Advertisement
Some people are losing their minds on this rebuild….

I’m comparing this to my fandom of the Houston Astros….

All everyone sees now is out of the past 6 world series the Astros have played in 4 of them. Dominated the name brand Yankees in that time too… an unbelievable time to be a fan of this team.

But! To get to this point fans who actually followed the team endured 100+win losing seasons and a product on the major league level that was a brutal to watch while the young pups ran up the minors….

This was never going to be a one year turnaround…. This was always going to be a multi year fix..,, everyone around this program has known how bad the culture is and how it needs to be cleansed. Mario will get a pass from me as he now knows his team… his coaches… and the exact predicament he is in. He brought in some nice portal players and a decent quick transition class but if he can hold onto a top 10 class and get one more next year on top of some great portal finds I can see us on track (10wins) in year 3. We need quality players who want to work hard and aren’t happy with 7 or 8 win seasons and posting TikTok videos…
the issue is in the pros you lose and youre usually rewarded w a draft pick (higher ones) to rebuild. in college, losing serves no purpose. you lose and you dont get better recruits. you have to win to land players not lose to bottom out.

We recovered from the slow start and went up 21-17 early in the 3rd quarter. It all went downhill form there. He never addressed the meltdown that occurred after we had the momentum in the game.
True, but missing on the opportunity to go up 14-0 was a death blow. The game is maybe over then. We got momentum AND we up by two possessions. Instead, we end up down 17-7, and we lose our QB1. We did get a couple of quick strikes to go up by 4, but up one possession, with virtually no time ran off the clock, our QB2 in the game, playing behind a sus OL... we had absolutely no chance of keeping that lead..... as we soon found out. They simply walked our asses down and then proceeded to stomp on our necks. But we gave them the ammunition they needed with all of them TOs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It was. We lost the game right there, IMO. It's like we aren't good enough to change the outcome, once the momentum goes against us. Once things go bad, for whatever reason (coaching, scheme, play calls, talent, infighting, feeling sorry for ourselves, blind *** refs, whatever the fucc), it fuccin keeps going bad. Going forward, I would like to see that change. We got to be able to make big momentum changing plays, when **** go wrong.
To their credit they did coming out and scoring 14 points at the beginning of Q3 and taking the lead, which I didn’t think they could do and the defense and defensive coaching gave it right back with that long as$ drive that had long 3rd down conversions and 4th down conversions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It was. We lost the game right there, IMO. It's like we aren't good enough to change the outcome, once the momentum goes against us. Once things go bad, for whatever reason (coaching, scheme, play calls, talent, infighting, feeling sorry for ourselves, blind *** refs, whatever the fucc), it fuccin keeps going bad. Going forward, I would like to see that change. We got to be able to make big momentum changing plays, when **** go wrong.
Well, let's not forget we took the lead early in the 3rd quarter with a quick TD, a turnover, and then another TD.

It all went **** up after that which is hard to understand.

Advertisement
Back