Mario Cristobal offers no discernable advantage

I was focusing more on their offense.

Fair point with how good that defense is, but how much of it is Kirby as DC vs Kirby as recruiter. He has dudes all over, including the best DT in recent memory. I’ll be curious what it looks like without Jordan Davis. He is the type of player that can make a lot of DCs look like a genius.
Was he that high of a recruit? He played at Mallard Creek in Charlotte with Quentin Williams.

Advertisement
Was he that high of a recruit? He played at Mallard Creek in Charlotte with Quentin Williams.
I think he was a three star. They nailed the eval and then developed him. There’s a lot of pieces of the puzzle and the system aside from just the game day coaching.

I think he was a three star. They nailed the eval and then developed him. There’s a lot of pieces of the puzzle and the system aside from just the game day coaching.
That was what I thought, couldn't recall. Big time hit for them. We were in top 4/5 of the trio at Mallard Creek. Davis too.

That was what I thought, couldn't recall. Big time hit for them. We were in top 4/5 of the trio at Mallard Creek. Davis too.
I think he was supposed to go to UNC if I remember correctly, and then Georgia did what they do. Whatever he was as a recruit, he is a dude and makes a DC’s job much easier.

For Mario and how excited would everyone be to have him here? He is an upgrade over Diaz by a country mile but that win is the only real impressive thing about Oregon this season. Watching them recently and seeing all the one possession games he played against bad competition, I think that one great win this year is skewing a lot of peoples perception that he’s a can’t miss hire. I’ll reiterate that he’s a big upgrade but I don’t think he’s dominating the coastal on an annual basis like most expect

Advertisement
For Mario and how excited would everyone be to have him here? He is an upgrade over Diaz by a country mile but that win is the only real impressive thing about Oregon this season. Watching them recently and seeing all the one possession games he played against bad competition, I think that one great win this year is skewing a lot of peoples perception that he’s a can’t miss hire. I’ll reiterate that he’s a big upgrade but I don’t think he’s dominating the coastal on an annual basis like most expect
We’ve been through this….

Is Manny coaching Oregon? After this game they will pack his bags to The U!

Lack of preparation
Starting game slow
Offensive and Defensive errors
No plan on O or D
Coaches look confused
Special teams are a disaster

Lane Kiffin for coach!

Why would we take away the Ohio state win? What if we took away the Stanford and Utah losses? He’d be undefeated!

Advertisement
At this point, who do we have a realistic chance at? I have no real preference for the next HC, but get Diaz TF out my face.

That’s true. I don’t deny that he’s a good coach.

But Oregon’s road to the CFP is as easy as can be, just look at the QB’s in that conference, they don’t play any legit QB’s at all. Which means they can’t lose another game for the rest of the season.
Still waiting for Oregon to show up. Both Utah teams look tougher and better prepared to this point. Another half to go.

Already disappointed in a coach before he’s even hired. This thread is very on brand. .

Advertisement
whos the dwinstitles for the Mario Cristobal Hire????? who is the guy that will disagree with the hire day 1? at least it isn't me this time

This is not Manny trust me

We’ve been through this….

No worries my man. His thread will be joining that one shortly.

Advertisement
So who is?
There are hundreds of coaches out there. Im not in the business of evaluating coaches. How did this fanbase come to the conclusion the Mario and Kiffin are going to be better than any of the previous hires? Basing soley on these 2 coaches resumes? Kiffin is a straight up flake, I think highly of him as an OC and play caller but he isn't the leader Miami needs. Cristobal, I'm sorry, he definately isn't it.

whos the dwinstitles for the Mario Cristobal Hire????? who is the guy that will disagree with the hire day 1? at least it isn't me this time

This is not Manny trust me
Bruh, I hate to be it, but I'm gone be u on the mario hire. And it aint just this game that has me worried.

I just don't see it, excellent recruiter bad gameday coach. Feel like we need someone who can do both with a slight lean towards X & O's. UNLESS we finna start droppin bags.

Advertisement
Back