Mario Cristobal offers no discernable advantage

Mario is the right coach right now for UM. He's a builder; whereas, I see Kiffin as either a quick band-aid or a closer. We have much deeper issues at UM than just the head coach. We have true infrastructure issues that many of us have discussed for years, beginning with a lack of leadership at the top. We need an AD and head coach to both come in, set a culture, demand accountability, create infrastructure for long-lasting success, and then do what is necessary to build this program back with core recruits from the tri-county area, a focus on fundamentals, and the ability to also adapt to modern cfb (Mario will need to do better here). We need a CEO-type coach who will pick the right coordinators, find the right players, to achieve all of that. In that sense, Mario is a preferred candidate over everyone else RIGHT NOW.

If not Mario, then our AD will need to be extremely strong. Aranda and Stoops may be better fits for now, but Lane with the right AD guidance could get it done. He needs more structure around him to succeed.

Advertisement
Would Mario be open to keeping a spread offense? Some old school is great but even Saban recognized offense needs to be more explosive.
It's a route tree and motion that creates explosion. Not just being committed to a spread. Utilizing players in the proper position is what's most vital to making an offense click.

Advertisement
Mario doesn't look nearly as good as he did yesterday. It wasn't just a loss, they were blown out.
It wasn’t that bad
1637467988291.jpeg

This is what worries me about Mario.

He's supposed to be a great recruiter that builds inside-out and has tough teams, but Oregon was completely outmatched tonight. They got beat up on both lines and that talent advantage he compiled didn't show up because at a certain point x's and o's matter.

He has a ceiling and it isn't a national championship. If you're fine winning 9-10 games a year and making NY6 bowls but never competing for the biggest stage, then Mario is your guy.

Advertisement

He's supposed to be a great recruiter that builds inside-out and has tough teams, but Oregon was completely outmatched tonight. They got beat up on both lines and that talent advantage he compiled didn't show up because at a certain point x's and o's matter.

He has a ceiling and it isn't a national championship. If you're fine winning 9-10 games a year and making NY6 bowls but never competing for the biggest stage, then Mario is your guy.
I mean that's a **** sight better than what we've experienced in the last two decades...

If you're ok with that that's fine. But most Miami fans have higher standards. That's Wisconsin/Iowa/VT level expectations. At Miami the expectations are higher.
How many NY6 Bowl games have those three played in recently?!

If you offered me a HC walking into Miami in Dec and delivering yearly NY6 Bowl Games after the **** I've sat through for the last 18 years I would bite your hand off.

Advertisement

You can’t just physically dominate the other team in this days game. These Offenses are too good week in and week out..to just think you can line up every week and win BIG playing that style imo is a mistake in today’s game..you gunna get in a matchup where you need points and explosive play..that’s my only issue with Mario..and if you notice in all his questionable losses, they come when the other team stands up physically and jumps out on them

Al Golden 59-59 @ UM and Temple
Mario Christobal 61-59 @ FIU and Oregon

Both turds who occasionally float at the top of mediocrity.
Why would you need to include his FIU record? It would make sense to include it if he didn’t have 4 years of P5 ball after it. No coach was turning around that FIU disaster.

Advertisement
How many NY6 Bowl games have those three played in recently?!

If you offered me a HC walking into Miami in Dec and delivering yearly NY6 Bowl Games after the **** I've sat through for the last 18 years I would bite your hand off.
More than Miami has.

Why would you need to include his FIU record? It would make sense to include it if he didn’t have 4 years of P5 ball after it. No coach was turning around that FIU disaster.

Temple and FIU were in pretty comparable condition, hence the comparison.

Advertisement
Back