Mario Cristobal offers no discernable advantage

And let me be clear on something, this is based on Mario today.

If he goes on to:

1. Beat Utah,
2. Finish the regular season with 8-1 conference record, and
3. Win the conference championship

That shows me he has dominated the PAC-12 twice over three years and was able to win after Herbert left.
He’s winning with a rb at qb that can barely complete a forward pass lol. Yet Herbert made him or he held Herbert back. Which is it?

Advertisement
This is useless and doesn’t lead anywhere. He‘s the plan A and that’s a fact. If he wants the job it’s his. You might not like the Mario hire and maybe like another coach more, but I can **** all over him and find as many flaws or more than Mario.

You can’t say “ I don’t want Mario then come back with ” but I’d love Kiffen”. That’s beyond idiotic , that guy has as many red flags as anyone lol, and that’s coming from a guy who’s ok with him being plan b.

Fact is there’s no perfect coach but the best fit is obviously one guy. Yes he’s an alum, yes he’s Cuban , yes he loves Miami and it’s home. All of that is true but he’s also a guy who’s built something , recruited well and winning at a high level. I know this is Cis but how can you poo poo this especially after the Trestman, Edsall, Chud , schiano lists ?

Yall want experience , winners and somebody that gets the job, but Mario is a bad idea lol. He’s not the perfect hire because there isn’t one. That doesn’t exist. We can play this game until the end of time with every candidate.

Somebody said here yesterday that this fanbase doesn't deserve Mario, and they're 100% correct. I've been posting for 3 years here that, if you want to see the true unintelligence of this fanbase, tell them Mario Cristobal would be a good coach here and see the reaction. And now that we might actually be on the cusp of it, there are dozens of posts an hour dumping on a guy who checks literally every single box you could possibly want, outside of winning a Natty, which unless you want to hire Coach O (LOL), you're not gonna find.

The amount of complaining and poking holes in a guy like Mario after what we've had here for 20 years....yeah, we don't deserve him. We deserve hiring another coordinator and beer budget staff.

You can't win with this group. I think what is missed by many is the high certainty that Mario will have the team respectable, quickly. We have not been respectable for a long time, expect for 1 season with Richt. We need to get to being respectable for the players, fans and potential recruits. We can then build from there.

Advertisement
The amount of complaining and poking holes in a guy like Mario after what we've had here for 20 years....yeah, we don't deserve him.

I am only pointing out this tidbit and it has nothing to do with Mario, per se.

You realize to be the best we’ve had in the last 20 years means to be the best of a bunch that never will likely receive or has never received an HC gig at the P5 level. Do you realize how low that bar is and how that is not an accomplishment?

You can't win with this group. I think what is missed by many is the high certainty that Mario will have the team respectable, quickly. We have not been respectable for a long time, expect for 1 season with Richt. We need to get to being respectable for the players, fans and potential recruits. We can then build from there.

The guy just consistently puts good football teams on the field. Since he's been at Oregon, he's lost ONE game by 20+ points. ONE. And it was his first year. We have lost 5 in the same time period. And that's not to mention the years previous like losing by 100 in Norman, Manhattan, we lost 100-0 to Clemson in Charlotte and the game that got Golden fired, just getting neutered in bowl game after bowl game. How many times have we been flat-out embarrassed in the past 6-8 years? Dozens? But no, we don't want this guy who recruits at a high-level and has proven to be at worst, a good football coach. Nope. Bring me some G5 coach lmaoooooooo.

I am only pointing out this tidbit and it has nothing to do with Mario, per se.

You realize to be the best we’ve had in the last 20 years means to be the best of a bunch that never will likely receive or has never received an HC gig at the P5 level. Do you realize how low that bar is and how that is not an accomplishment?

I would like to not lose 52-13 to Kansas State. I would like to not lose 41-3 to Notre Dame. I'd like to not lose by 30 in a bowl game to Louisville.

Other than that, I don't have many expectations. We've been so bad for so long, anything else is a cherry on top. I just don't want to be a complete ******* laughingstock. We are a joke. A literal comedy show. We talk ****, we show up and push and shove the other team, and then they absolutely run a train on us, do the upside down U onto their ****s, and we go home. I've had enough of it. I don't care if Mario never wins a natty here. I don't care if he goes 10-2 or 11-1 and loses a game by 3 with a questionable decision to a lesser-talented team. I really don't. I just want to be a tough, hard-nosed, respected football team. I'm so tired of watching a completely unprepared and unmotivated team run their ****suckers only to get blown off a football field. Just be competitive. Be prepared, be well-coached, be disciplined. Don't have SIX ******* PENALTIES ON ONE DRIVE!! There were FSU fans in the row in front of me LAUGHING when the ref announced the last offsides when they were on about the 2 yard line on that drive. One guy turned around to me and was chuckling and said something like "My god, this is ridiculous" FSU FANS!!! ******* laughing at me. I'm tired of it. Will Mario win a Natty? I have no idea. But I KNOW, without a doubt, he's going to put a product on the field that we can be proud of and that will be competitive in **** near every single game we play. After what I've been through for 20 years, I'll take that.

Advertisement
As I know you’re up there - Are you hearing anything re: UF approaching/going after Mario?
Theres some fans who want them to make a run at him. But they know that’s very doubtful. Mullen was actually pretty safe before the Samford debacle. With all the crap going on with their athletic dept and AD I still don’t think it’s a done deal he’s fired. Luckily for him there’s going to be other changes and enough craziness to take some focus off of him. I was told unless there’s an epic collapse he’ll get one year more year. That was before this past weekends game lol. Like us and Fsu loss would likely seal his fate.

He’s winning with a rb at qb that can barely complete a forward pass lol. Yet Herbert made him or he held Herbert back. Which is it?

Why is it necessary for him to be starting a cast off QB who's a RB after 5 years at the program? Do that here and he'll get destroyed as a guy who's never recruited or developed a quality QB in his entire career.

Why is it necessary for him to be starting a cast off QB who's a RB after 5 years at the program? Do that here and he'll get destroyed as a guy who's never recruited or developed a quality QB in his entire career.
His first season was 18 and he had Herbert. So he maybe missed on one qb as a HC? He has Tyler Thompson waiting to take over as the future guy, a very talented , highly rated kid.

It’s common to bring in a vet rather than handing over the team to a true Fr. Just like your boy did here. Oregon was a ready to win now team so why put in a 18 year old?

You act like it’s common for everyone to just land stud qb’s , it’s a given. Even though some programs can’t find one for a decade. Yet he’s still 9-1 and about to win another conference title.

Advertisement

Yeah, that's my concern with Mario, too, His QB recruiting leaves a lot to be desired.

What does He do after TVD possibly leaves after next year and Garcia possibly hits the portal, our QB room would look like **** in 23'.

And the kid from Georgia is a talented prospect but I've heard that He's a multi-year project.

But at the same time, Mario's proving that you don't need an elite QB to at least be in the CFP picture, and He's doing it with a 190# RB leading the way and CJ Verdell out...ditto with Georgia.

Yeah, that's my concern with Mario, too, His QB recruiting leaves a lot to be desired.

What does He do after TVD possibly leaves after next year and Garcia possibly hits the portal, our QB room would look like **** in 23'.

And the kid from Georgia is a talented prospect but I've heard that He's a multi-year project.

But at the same time, Mario's proving that you don't need an elite QB to at least be in the CFP picture, and He's doing it with a 190# RB leading the way and CJ Verdell out...ditto with Georgia.

Fair points. He is a very interesting candidate that's for sure.

My post is very clear. Read what was actually there and don’t add anything.

If Mario had never played at Miami or coached here I would want him because

A. He spent a lot of time under Saban and knows how a proper program is built and then run on all the little details this program has ignored for 20 years
B. He's proved he can go to a university with zero previous ties and boost its recruiting profile over its traditional recruiting history AND also sign highly rated kids from all over the country with a proven track record of getting kids highly drafted he can sell here
C. He's won a P5 conference championship and coached in a NY6 Bowl

the dude is about to have recruited and coached the #1 OVERALL pick in the 22 NFL Draft on top of it

talent acquisition is the most important part of CFB, nothing else comes close and every coach in the playoffs will tell you that

i then ask you this. who else would be a better prospect as a HC that Miami should go for?

Advertisement
Get a proper AD and you won't need Alonzo to be here in some made up position to supervise because we'll have a competent HC where that isn't necessary.
But it isn't about having him supervise it's about bringing him and his knowledge and leadership into the fold. I don't know why everyone wants to act like hiring more guys that are great leaders and know what the **** they are doing would be a bad thing.

Alonzo was a personnel Exec with Packers Browns and Seahawks. And he was an all time great player and leader who wants to come home to help bring this program back. What more needs to be understood. Find a role for him. That's my question. Can we find an AD that this setup can work.

I would like to not lose 52-13 to Kansas State. I would like to not lose 41-3 to Notre Dame. I'd like to not lose by 30 in a bowl game to Louisville.

Other than that, I don't have many expectations. We've been so bad for so long, anything else is a cherry on top. I just don't want to be a complete ******* laughingstock. We are a joke. A literal comedy show. We talk ****, we show up and push and shove the other team, and then they absolutely run a train on us, do the upside down U onto their ****s, and we go home. I've had enough of it. I don't care if Mario never wins a natty here. I don't care if he goes 10-2 or 11-1 and loses a game by 3 with a questionable decision to a lesser-talented team. I really don't. I just want to be a tough, hard-nosed, respected football team. I'm so tired of watching a completely unprepared and unmotivated team run their ****suckers only to get blown off a football field. Just be competitive. Be prepared, be well-coached, be disciplined. Don't have SIX ******* PENALTIES ON ONE DRIVE!! There were FSU fans in the row in front of me LAUGHING when the ref announced the last offsides when they were on about the 2 yard line on that drive. One guy turned around to me and was chuckling and said something like "My god, this is ridiculous" FSU FANS!!! ******* laughing at me. I'm tired of it. Will Mario win a Natty? I have no idea. But I KNOW, without a doubt, he's going to put a product on the field that we can be proud of and that will be competitive in **** near every single game we play. After what I've been through for 20 years, I'll take that.
Fvckin preach.

His first season was 18 and he had Herbert. So he maybe missed on one qb as a HC? He has Tyler Thompson waiting to take over as the future guy, a very talented , highly rated kid.

It’s common to bring in a vet rather than handing over the team to a true Fr. Just like your boy did here. Oregon was a ready to win now team so why put in a 18 year old?

You act like it’s common for everyone to just land stud qb’s , it’s a given. Even though some programs can’t find one for a decade. Yet he’s still 9-1 and about to win another conference title.
I watched a few Oregon games this year, that kid is BAD. You may have noticed how he tends to smile when he makes dumb throws, he knows he's bad.

I don’t think you read or understood my post.

Advertisement
Back