Mario Cristobal offers no discernable advantage

If Mario had never played at Miami or coached here I would want him because

A. He spent a lot of time under Saban and knows how a proper program is built and then run on all the little details this program has ignored for 20 years
B. He's proved he can go to a university with zero previous ties and boost its recruiting profile over its traditional recruiting history AND also sign highly rated kids from all over the country with a proven track record of getting kids highly drafted he can sell here
C. He's won a P5 conference championship and coached in a NY6 Bowl

the dude is about to have recruited and coached the #1 OVERALL pick in the 22 NFL Draft on top of it

talent acquisition is the most important part of CFB, nothing else comes close and every coach in the playoffs will tell you that

i then ask you this. who else would be a better prospect as a HC that Miami should go for?

1. Many coaches coached under Saban and then went onto to do nothing great. Do you need a list of them?

2. So did Chip Kelly, should we go get him? He did it when the PAC-12 had better coaching too. Chip did a lot more there too and against tougher competition.

3. When Mario starts dominating the conference, that is something. At this point, big deal. Show me he can do it again this year. If he finishes with one loss in conference and with another conference championship, that is something.

4. I am only concerned with AD. Not finding an HC. I was only discussing Mario and his track record.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Alonzo was a personnel Exec with Packers Browns and Seahawks. And he was an all time great player and leader who wants to come home to help bring this program back. What more needs to be understood. Find a role for him. That's my question. Can we find an AD that this setup can work.

Illogical, irrational and simply stupid.

1. Many coaches coached under Saban and then went onto to do nothing great. Do you need a list of them?

2. So did Chip Kelly, should we go get him? He did it when the PAC-12 had better coaching too. Chip did a lot more there too and against tougher competition.

3. When Mario starts dominating the conference, that is something. At this point, big deal. Show me he can do it again this year. If he finishes with one loss in conference and with another conference championship, that is something.

4. I am only concerned with AD. Not finding an HC. I was only discussing Mario and his track record.

1. Jimbo Fisher (CFP/NC) Kirby Smart (CFP) Mark D'Antonio (CFP) Mario Cristobal Lane Kiffin Billy Napier Mel Tucker (good enough list?)

2. Chip never brought in top 10 recruiting classes year after year, he notably *****ed about recruiting publicly and left for the NFL and told anyone who would listen how glad he was to not have to recruit anymore

3. Looks to be off to a good start

4. Oh I see, you're just here to troll. I'll move on

This is useless and doesn’t lead anywhere. He‘s the plan A and that’s a fact. If he wants the job it’s his. You might not like the Mario hire and maybe like another coach more, but I can **** all over him and find as many flaws or more than Mario.

You can’t say “ I don’t want Mario then come back with ” but I’d love Kiffen”. That’s beyond idiotic , that guy has as many red flags as anyone lol, and that’s coming from a guy who’s ok with him being plan b.

Fact is there’s no perfect coach but the best fit is obviously one guy. Yes he’s an alum, yes he’s Cuban , yes he loves Miami and it’s home. All of that is true but he’s also a guy who’s built something , recruited well and winning at a high level. I know this is Cis but how can you poo poo this especially after the Trestman, Edsall, Chud , schiano lists ?

Yall want experience , winners and somebody that gets the job, but Mario is a bad idea lol. He’s not the end all hire because there isn’t one. That doesn’t exist. We can play this game until the end of time with every candidate.
Vince Carter Basketball GIF by NBA

He had 10tds against Nevada and Montana.

Went for 300+ against those types and Arizona who is terrible.

Games against teams with good defenses..Mario was managing the **** out of him like he was Ryan Tannehil. Its what had me not wanting him on my fins. Even with those stats they were conservative with hima s ****
Mario cost the fins Herbert. If he let him sling it they for sure draft him over tua

Advertisement
1. Jimbo Fisher (CFP/NC) Kirby Smart (CFP) Mark D'Antonio (CFP) Mario Cristobal Lane Kiffin Billy Napier Mel Tucker (good enough list?)

2. Chip never brought in top 10 recruiting classes year after year, he notably *****ed about recruiting publicly and left for the NFL and told anyone who would listen how glad he was to not have to recruit anymore

Mario learned wayyyy more from Vutch than Saban...Not even close..and he'd be the 1st to tell you that. They still are extremely close...

Advertisement

1. How about Jeremy Pruitt, Will Muschamp, Derek Dooley, Jim McElwain, Bobby Williams, and Steve Sarkisian? Do you need more?

Lane Kiffin hasn’t accomplished anything. The fact that you have him on the list is telling.

2. None of that is relevant to proving that another guy accomplished more at OU, against better competition/coach, than Mario.

3. We will see.

4. No, just pointing out that is not my biggest concern.

Mario learned wayyyy more from Vutch than Saban...Not even close..and he'd be the 1st to tell you that. They still are extremely close...
wouldn't be surprised if he brought him as an analysts. former players like Mario because he reminds them of a young butch, not because he coached with saban.

Advertisement
this. Manny is not respected in the coaching profession which is why he struggles to get coaches. he only got T-rob because T-rob wanted to be at miami.
T-rob wanted to be on richts staff and reached out back then and wanted to be on Mandy's staff initially and reached out then. Was passed up on by both. Difference being it was Mandy behind both because he wanted personalities he could control.

wouldn't be surprised if he brought him as an analysts. former players like Mario because he reminds them of a young butch, not because he coached with saban.
Former players like Mario because we know he lives the life he coaches. He actually without question coaches the game the way you want to see it played. His mindset is old-school and that's what we as players want to see. It's someone who has lived through all the success & all the failures so he knows what works.

Somebody said here yesterday that this fanbase doesn't deserve Mario, and they're 100% correct. I've been posting for 3 years here that, if you want to see the true unintelligence of this fanbase, tell them Mario Cristobal would be a good coach here and see the reaction. And now that we might actually be on the cusp of it, there are dozens of posts an hour dumping on a guy who checks literally every single box you could possibly want, outside of winning a Natty, which unless you want to hire Coach O (LOL), you're not gonna find.

The amount of complaining and poking holes in a guy like Mario after what we've had here for 20 years....yeah, we don't deserve him. We deserve hiring another coordinator and beer budget staff.
Look At That Season 4 GIF by Paramount+

Advertisement
Former players like Mario because we know he lives the life he coaches. He actually without question coaches the game the way you want to see it played. His mindset is old-school and that's what we as players want to see. It's someone who has lived through all the success & all the failures so he knows what works.
Would Mario be open to keeping a spread offense? Some old school is great but even Saban recognized offense needs to be more explosive.

T-rob wanted to be on richts staff and reached out back then and wanted to be on Mandy's staff initially and reached out then. Was passed up on by both. Difference being it was Mandy behind both because he wanted personalities he could control.
people who feel weak and vulnerable because they don't belong don't want competent people around them because they get exposed.

You were on point wifh manny from day 1 in our private convos. I gave the super fan a chance but he’s clearly not a football guy

Advertisement
Back