Marcus Crowley 7on7 and Junior Highlights

Advertisement
I’m also with D$ on this one. We spoke about it a bit at The Regional.

From my understanding he is also younger in relation to other prospects in this class.

All the big schools getting in on him. Him & Avery Huff are two guys I expect to blow up over the spring period.

As for him playing LB, he has done it before and I think he would be capable of the switch if needed. He also excels as a receiver in 7on7.

Interesting to hear re: his age. I always thought he looked younger... he hasn't even started to really fill out. In addition to his already great vision and soft hands you can expect he'll get significantly bigger and faster. Perfect for this class he can sit a year behind Homer and Co.

Mix between George (not quite as big, strong or run as high ) and Freeman (not quite as fast, explosive or low pad level)...love his durability and burst through the hole....great upside potential....if he works on top end speed...this kid could definitely be elite...I have no problem with his pad level....he knows how to dip his shoulder at the point of attack....

Last edited:
Advertisement
This kid is going to be a star. Everytime I watch him I like him more & more. He’s like a bigger homer. Love his game.
Not as fast as Homer. Homer is faster than people think. At least that's my perception. Still like this guy a lot. Probably more powerful than Homer.

I'm not giving Crowley the Heisman, but his running style and frame reminds me of Eddie George:

His 1st step is quicker than George. This kid's tape is ELITE. It's rare to see somebody that size be the complete package. Richt is turning us into an upper echelon SEC size team. I see Stephen McGuire when I watch this kid.

His 1st step is quicker than George. This kid's tape is ELITE. It's rare to see somebody that size be the complete package. Richt is turning us into an upper echelon SEC size team. I see Stephen McGuire when I watch this kid.

Yeah, George didn’t have a great 1st step, but what he lacked w the first step, he made up for it w quick feet, and great vision...and if allowed to pick up steam on the run, he was like a runaway train. Hate OSU w all my heart, but I loved E George.

Crowley already has a great first step, and his vision and feet are great. He’s not a burner, but he has plenty of long speed to become a runaway train.

The two RBs I wanted this cycle were Crowley and Sanders and I’m sticking w that. Bring in McIntosh and Richards as ATH and let the chips fall as they may.

Right now, we’re building a machine at RB and WR. We’re close to building a machine at TE. Our OL is starting to look very promising, especially if we can real in Lucas and Wright

Advertisement
Yeah, George didn’t have a great 1st step, but what he lacked w the first step, he made up for it w quick feet, and great vision...and if allowed to pick up steam on the run, he was like a runaway train. Hate OSU w all my heart, but I loved E George.

Crowley already has a great first step, and his vision and feet are great. He’s not a burner, but he has plenty of long speed to become a runaway train.

The two RBs I wanted this cycle were Crowley and Sanders and I’m sticking w that. Bring in McIntosh and Richards as ATH and let the chips fall as they may.

Right now, we’re building a machine at RB and WR. We’re close to building a machine at TE. Our OL is starting to look very promising, especially if we can real in Lucas and Wright

And it looks like we're building a machine also at QB. (See post where #1 rated QB apparently favors us).

Advertisement
Sounds like it's..

1. Sanders
2. Crowley
3. Cain
4. McIntosh
5. Mellusi
6. Carter
7. Wright

IMO - we land Crowley and McIntosh, maybe add a 3rd in Carter or Wright depending on numbers next year

Advertisement
Definitely more talented than Gus the bus, Choc Gray, Mike James, etc. Either way the people who shout "move him to LB" don't understand the nuances of that position switch.
To be fair MJ was a 4 Star and pretty **** legit

Advertisement
Back