Marcus Crowley 7on7 and Junior Highlights

Advertisement
**** bro, dude is a beast! Like a bigger homer. They’ll have to coach him to keep his pad level lower but he’s the truth.

He looks like he runs pretty low to me. Just because a RB is tall doesn't necessarily mean he can't "run low."

What strikes me about his highlights is that he always takes the right hole. Of course they're highlights so they're not going to show him running into a blocker or a defender. But from that small sample size, he looks like he has excellent vision. IMO that's what makes a kid a "natural RB."

He looks like he runs pretty low to me. Just because a RB is tall doesn't necessarily mean he can't "run low."

What strikes me about his highlights is that he always takes the right hole. Of course they're highlights so they're not going to show him running into a blocker or a defender. But from that small sample size, he looks like he has excellent vision. IMO that's what makes a kid a "natural RB."

Agreed, it’s deceitful, he hits the hole low and gets low to take on contact. He only gets high once he gets in the open field when he turns on the burners. Great vision!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid is da goods, in my opinion.

Great combination of strength and shiftiness and above average speed for a guy his size.

Excellent vision and awareness. By watching his film, you can see that he has elite feel/instincts as a RB. That is something that you can’t teach.

Also shows great hands out of the backfield. Glad that Richt and Brown got on him early. Kid will definitely shoot up the rankings this season.

What do you think our board is at RB position? Would we take more than 2?

1. Sanders
2. Cain
3. Wright
4. Carter

Where does Crowley fit?
Wright is not being actively recruited by Miami. McIntosh is higher on the board than Carter.

I’m also with D$ on this one. We spoke about it a bit at The Regional.

From my understanding he is also younger in relation to other prospects in this class.

All the big schools getting in on him. Him & Avery Huff are two guys I expect to blow up over the spring period.

As for him playing LB, he has done it before and I think he would be capable of the switch if needed. He also excels as a receiver in 7on7.

Advertisement
The RB situation is going to be very tough to deal with, especially if Trey Sanders wants in.

You have RB Kenny McIntosh (legacy) that is a "package deal" with CB/FS Joshua Sanguinetti and both are top priorities for this class.

Then there is ATH/APB Mark Antony Richards (legacy) that could be a 5star safety but wants to play RB and he is a must get for this class that Richt is personally recruiting and you take him at whatever position he wants.

You have APB Nay'Quan Wright right there at Carol City and RB Daniel Carter at STA, both are elite and have interest.

RB Noah Cain at IMG is interested.

I really like RB Marcus Crowley (commit) who supposedly can play LB too. I would not want to "push him out" b/c #1 he is a stud, and #2 I wouldn't want to ruin the momentum we have created in the Jacksonville area as this kid is very well liked among a lot of the top kids up there for this class, 2020 and 2021.

Originally I thought this class would only have 2 RBs, but now I feel like we are almost going to have to take 3 with one being ATH/APB Mark Antony Richards.

Advertisement
The RB situation is going to be very tough to deal with, especially if Trey Sanders wants in.

You have RB Kenny McIntosh (legacy) that is a "package deal" with CB/FS Joshua Sanguinetti and both are top priorities for this class.

Then there is ATH/APB Mark Antony Richards (legacy) that could be a 5star safety but wants to play RB and he is a must get for this class that Richt is personally recruiting and you take him at whatever position he wants.

You have APB Nay'Quan Wright right there at Carol City and RB Daniel Carter at STA, both are elite and have interest.

RB Noah Cain at IMG is interested.

I really like RB Marcus Crowley (commit) who supposedly can play LB too. I would not want to "push him out" b/c #1 he is a stud, and #2 I wouldn't want to ruin the momentum we have created in the Jacksonville area as this kid is very well liked among a lot of the top kids up there for this class, 2020 and 2021.

Originally I thought this class would only have 2 RBs, but now I feel like we are almost going to have to take 3 with one being ATH/APB Mark Antony Richards.

This is spot on. The 2019 class is special at RB, especially if view Lil Richards as a RB. Crowley is a take no matter what and he's actively helping us recruit in Da-U-Val. I think we should prioritize McIntosh and Mark Antony Richards. Then, if Sanders/Cain want in, you take them. I'm good to pass on Wright and Carter or at least keep them on the back burner for now.

Kid runs nowhere close to high, for 6'1 he runs surprisingly low.

Good mixture of power and wiggle.
As a defender you have no idea what's coming, power or finesse.

He's also talented in receiving game.

Watch those rankings , after he kills camp circuit and Sr year

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back