Manny on Joe Rose at 7 am Monday

Advertisement
This is interesting and something I mentioned on the podcast. Internally, they think a lot of the issues with run defense came down to defensive line fundamentals and discipline.
I agree with this and would add LB training as well, but yeah, I agree with all of that.

And how many did you see not get benched that were/ are worst of all time canes players. No one got benched at RB, they share carries and get injured often. Who was benched at LB? They rotated there per usual. At corner Blades was dealing with health issues. At o-line they try and find the best 5 regardless. Who was benched on d-line?

Flagg was already playing for Jennings when he got COVID. 58 didn’t play at all the last half of last season and was lining up at DL by this year’s bowl game. Ford got benched and Cam was complaining his carries were taken away. There’s more but the favoritism thing here is so overrated.

tenor (2).gif

But it’s not
Coaches will straight say they will find out who the best 22 guys are and play them.. not that they “want to play the best guys”. Want and will are very different my friend.
Have you not be seen this team and these coaches? Would you be willing to bet your house on it that he will play the best 22 guys? There’s a long trend and I don’t foresee it changing Under Diaz
It was awful watching last season game after game. That said, Rambo has to take one of the WR spots from Pope or Wiggins and Harley will start.

Advertisement
It was awful watching last season game after game. That said, Rambo has to take one of the WR spots from Pope or Wiggins and Harley will start.
As woeful and inexcusable and illogical as it was to not play the frosh more last year after #' 6 & 8 proved that they can't improve, there's no way Rambo and Harley aren't starters this year.

Advertisement
No excuse for playing favorites in 2021 when we'll have 90+ scholarship players.
There wasn't always as much of a choice in 2020, but the staff can improve in that regard.

QB King was the obvious QB1
RB Harris was mostly solid and Chaney/Knighton performed like true freshmen
WR Harley, Pope, Wiggins flashed but not nearly enough reps for Redding, Smith, Payton, Restrepo, Daz
TE Jordan and Mallory were very good, perhaps more 12 sets should have been used
OL Not many choices with Donaldson injured, Walker ineligible, Rivers a true FR, multiple recruiting busts
DE Roche and Phillips were very good, not many snaps available for Harvey and Cam
DT Hunte eventually usurped Ford, perhaps Blissett should have played ahead of Miller
LB McCloud, Jennings, Flagg, Brooks, Steed all got opportunities
STRK Frierson and Keontra were fine
CB Couch deservedly jumped ahead of Blades but Ivey should have been benched in favor of Dunson, Clarke
S Carter, Bolden, Hall regressed under Banda and Balom, Harrell, Washington were true FR (save us Avantae, Kam & James W.)

Advertisement
Like who?
McCloud and Jennings should have gotten less reps. Key Smith and Redding should have replaced Wiggins and Pope. Couch should’ve gotten more burn sooner. Balom should’ve gotten in at safety more than he did.

It’s ok to not defend Manny on every single issue and acknowledge the obvious. It doesn’t make you any less loyal of a fan. In fact it gives you added credibility when slurping.

Come on man, give it a shot. Repeat after me: “Manny ****ed up like Frank and Mel. Manny needs to play the younger guys with promise more than the older guys who don’t get it done.”

Advertisement
Keyshawn Smith?? They have him but don't play him
He was only referring to eligible players Smith isn't an upperclassmen so he doesn't count on roster. Wait wait wait what?

Advertisement
Back