Manny on Joe Rose at 7 am Monday

Advertisement
Recap:

1. compared the chiefs going for it on 4th and 1 to a game of blackjack, you always want to go for it on 4th and 1. He was implying that you use analytics and go by the book. I respect this part of Manny.

2. Ducked the question about demoting Baker, said “we need to re-establish our standards on that side of the ball.”

3. DVD great recruiter.

4. The way the DL played the run when Simpson was here played a part in bringing him back.

5. Sounds like Stroud will basically be an unofficial co-HC. Manny has extra eyes in the weight room, etc., while he gets more involved in the defense.

6. Rambo meant to be a vertical threat that can blow the top off a defense. Said that was lacking this year.

7. Bluestein said L. Taylor is hands down best player in SFla. Manny said hopefully he plays this year. It was tough to get freshman in last year without spring camp. But we finally have an older team with younger depth, so hopefully the younger guys won’t need to be rushed in. Can get in the weight room and work.

8. Open competition at every position. Guys coming back provide depth, whether they end up starting or not. We were too thin at too many position groups last year.

9. King still on track to be back for start of season. Expects him to attack rehab as hard as he attacks everything else.

10. No guidance from NCAA yet about counters for next year, what the returning seniors do to scholarship numbers going forward.

11. Underclassmen leaving early is “one of the things that has haunted Miami.” Credited King for being the first one to publicly declare he was coming back, that got the ball rolling.

It was actually a great interview. Manny seems knowledgeable and, as always, aware. He seems confident with our depth this year. Hope he proves all the mopes wrong.
Thank you for the summary.

To add a couple of things;

- He avoided directly answering whether Simpson was "first choice" as DL coach. Instead, mentioned how strong the run defense was....etc

- He said numerous times how Stroud was going to be his "eyes and ears" and help out in other things, ie weight room, academics etc since" he was going to be spending more time involved in the defense." It sounded to me like he was going to be running it - not just calling plays on gameday.

- Joe Rose directly asked him how the underclassmen felt about the older guys all returning - were they discouraged because they were anticipating getting more playing time, etc. Manny insisted that all positions were open and that there would be competition for every spot...

Per Rivals follow-up with Taylor after Manny's comments:
- Taylor is now saying it looks like he could enroll for spring. Will know tomorrow. He won't be in until close to Feb. 2nd late enrollment date but it seems like he will get in.

Brashard SMith will NOT be in for early enrollment.

Advertisement
What stood out to me the most is that he said “we want to play our best guys” multiple times instead of “we will play our best players”. Goes to show you the trend will continue and we will see bums out there playing like 💩 on both sides of the ball while better guys sit. They will keep trotting them out there no matter what happens smh. Pope and Wiggins gon be starting on O still with McLost and Jennings on D. They will find excuses not to play young guys again on both sides

What stood out to me the most is that he said “we want to play our best guys” multiple times instead of “we will play our best players”. Goes to show you the trend will continue and we will see bums out there playing like 💩 on both sides of the ball while better guys sit. They will keep trotting them out there no matter what happens smh. Pope and Wiggins gon be starting on O still with McLost and Jennings on D. They will find excuses not to play young guys again on both sides

Wow that is one **** of a stretch

Advertisement

Word play is very important. I listen very, very carefully to Manny & he’s masterful at dodging, over speaking or wording things in a way that sounds good but in reality, is not really saying anything.

So when my anger rises as I see ppl defend Manny, it’s b/c he’s a walking contradiction. It sounds good until we see the product. Go back to his first presser & compare.

Wow that is one **** of a stretch
But it’s not
Coaches will straight say they will find out who the best 22 guys are and play them.. not that they “want to play the best guys”. Want and will are very different my friend.
Have you not be seen this team and these coaches? Would you be willing to bet your house on it that he will play the best 22 guys? There’s a long trend and I don’t foresee it changing Under Diaz

Advertisement
Word play is very important. I listen very, very carefully to Manny & he’s masterful at dodging, over speaking or wording things in a way that sounds good but in reality, is not really saying anything.

So when my anger rises as I see ppl defend Manny, it’s b/c he’s a walking contradiction. It sounds good until we see the product. Go back to his first presser & compare.
I would love to see the best guys play but history shows otherwise
Even the most talented teams play young guys because they are the best guy they have regardless of age. We don’t and make excuses as to why they are not ready yet. While we play some of the WORST P5 starters. Hopefully Diaz changes that this year

But it’s not
Coaches will straight say they will find out who the best 22 guys are and play them.. not that they “want to play the best guys”. Want and will are very different my friend.
Have you not be seen this team and these coaches? Would you be willing to bet your house on it that he will play the best 22 guys? There’s a long trend and I don’t foresee it changing Under Diaz

I’ve seen guys get benched at corner, d-line, running back, o-line, QB and linebacker, running back since he became HC.

Advertisement
I’ve seen guys get benched at corner, d-line, running back, o-line, QB and linebacker and running back since he became HC.
And how many did you see not get benched that were/ are worst of all time canes players. No one got benched at RB, they share carries and get injured often. Who was benched at LB? They rotated there per usual. At corner Blades was dealing with health issues. At o-line they try and find the best 5 regardless. Who was benched on d-line?

Advertisement
Back