Manny on Joe Rose at 7 am Monday

Advertisement
Advertisement
Talladega Nights The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I hear ya, but that’s not what “run it back” means. That phrase is used when you know you underachieved and want to do better the next time.
Dont try to explain it to the Mope Zombie Army. They stay alive only to **** on Diaz. Ive said it 100 times there are things that you can criticize Manny about but give credit when its due.

We just finished ranked, pulled an amazing recruiting class, got TRob, got a sh1tload of our players to stay, pulled arguably the best CB, the best DE, and the best WR in the portal. And still ppl are hating.

Advertisement
Will be interesting to see how he tries to spin the ridiculous moves that just happened on defense. Never in my life have I seen a coordinator take a demotion like that or two guys switch jobs vertically.

Clearly there's more to the story but we'll probably never know what happened.

Advertisement
Will be interesting to see how he tries to spin the ridiculous moves that just happened on defense. Never in my life have I seen a coordinator take a demotion like that or two guys switch jobs vertically.

Clearly there's more to the story but we'll probably never know what happened.
Only question that needs to be asked:

"After a demotion and relieving him of his primary duties as DC, why do you continue to allow Blake Baker to steal money from the University of Miami?"

Advertisement
Recap:

1. compared the chiefs going for it on 4th and 1 to a game of blackjack, you always want to go for it on 4th and 1. He was implying that you use analytics and go by the book. I respect this part of Manny.

2. Ducked the question about demoting Baker, said “we need to re-establish our standards on that side of the ball.”

3. DVD great recruiter.

4. The way the DL played the run when Simpson was here played a part in bringing him back.

5. Sounds like Stroud will basically be an unofficial co-HC. Manny has extra eyes in the weight room, etc., while he gets more involved in the defense.

6. Rambo meant to be a vertical threat that can blow the top off a defense. Said that was lacking this year.

7. Bluestein said L. Taylor is hands down best player in SFla. Manny said hopefully he plays this year. It was tough to get freshman in last year without spring camp. But we finally have an older team with younger depth, so hopefully the younger guys won’t need to be rushed in. Can get in the weight room and work.

8. Open competition at every position. Guys coming back provide depth, whether they end up starting or not. We were too thin at too many position groups last year.

9. King still on track to be back for start of season. Expects him to attack rehab as hard as he attacks everything else.

10. No guidance from NCAA yet about counters for next year, what the returning seniors do to scholarship numbers going forward.

11. Underclassmen leaving early is “one of the things that has haunted Miami.” Credited King for being the first one to publicly declare he was coming back, that got the ball rolling.

It was actually a great interview. Manny seems knowledgeable and, as always, aware. He seems confident with our depth this year. Hope he proves all the mopes wrong.

Advertisement
Back