Manny on Joe Rose at 7 am Monday

Recap:

1. compared the chiefs going for it on 4th and 1 to a game of blackjack, you always want to go for it on 4th and 1. He was implying that you use analytics and go by the book. I respect this part of Manny.

2. Ducked the question about demoting Baker, said “we need to re-establish our standards on that side of the ball.”

3. DVD great recruiter.

4. The way the DL played the run when Simpson was here played a part in bringing him back.

5. Sounds like Stroud will basically be an unofficial co-HC. Manny has extra eyes in the weight room, etc., while he gets more involved in the defense.

6. Rambo meant to be a vertical threat that can blow the top off a defense. Said that was lacking this year.

7. Bluestein said L. Taylor is hands down best player in SFla. Manny said hopefully he plays this year. It was tough to get freshman in last year without spring camp. But we finally have an older team with younger depth, so hopefully the younger guys won’t need to be rushed in. Can get in the weight room and work.

8. Open competition at every position. Guys coming back provide depth, whether they end up starting or not. We were too thin at too many position groups last year.

9. King still on track to be back for start of season. Expects him to attack rehab as hard as he attacks everything else.

10. No guidance from NCAA yet about counters for next year, what the returning seniors do to scholarship numbers going forward.

11. Underclassmen leaving early is “one of the things that has haunted Miami.” Credited King for being the first one to publicly declare he was coming back, that got the ball rolling.

It was actually a great interview. Manny seems knowledgeable and, as always, aware. He seems confident with our depth this year. Hope he proves all the mopes wrong.
Getting ready for some Mopers to attack.

bill hader popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Recap:

1. compared the chiefs going for it on 4th and 1 to a game of blackjack, you always want to go for it on 4th and 1. He was implying that you use analytics and go by the book. I respect this part of Manny.

2. Ducked the question about demoting Baker, said “we need to re-establish our standards on that side of the ball.”

3. DVD great recruiter.

4. The way the DL played the run when Simpson was here played a part in bringing him back.

5. Sounds like Stroud will basically be an unofficial co-HC. Manny has extra eyes in the weight room, etc., while he gets more involved in the defense.

6. Rambo meant to be a vertical threat that can blow the top off a defense. Said that was lacking this year.

7. Bluestein said L. Taylor is hands down best player in SFla. Manny said hopefully he plays this year. It was tough to get freshman in last year without spring camp. But we finally have an older team with younger depth, so hopefully the younger guys won’t need to be rushed in. Can get in the weight room and work.

8. Open competition at every position. Guys coming back provide depth, whether they end up starting or not. We were too thin at too many position groups last year.

9. King still on track to be back for start of season. Expects him to attack rehab as hard as he attacks everything else.

10. No guidance from NCAA yet about counters for next year, what the returning seniors do to scholarship numbers going forward.

11. Underclassmen leaving early is “one of the things that has haunted Miami.” Credited King for being the first one to publicly declare he was coming back, that got the ball rolling.

It was actually a great interview. Manny seems knowledgeable and, as always, aware. He seems confident with our depth this year. Hope he proves all the mopes wrong.
Interview was decent. Joe rose either has his questions already written out and he doesn’t deviate. He should’ve asked a follow up question to manny’s response to taking over playcalling. “If standards aren’t being met why not choose to hire someone else for the position?”

he also said nothing about TRob.

open competition yeah yeah yeah I’ll believe it when I see it

Interview was decent. Joe rose either has his questions already written out and he doesn’t deviate. He should’ve asked a follow up question to manny’s response to taking over playcalling. “If standards aren’t being met why not choose to hire someone else for the position?”

he also said nothing about TRob.

open competition yeah yeah yeah I’ll believe it when I see it

Lmao

Advertisement
Did I misunderstand or was he talking like Leonard Taylor might be here for spring? I know there was a class issue with a few guys, but maybe they are trying to fix that. Classes don’t start for another week.

Advertisement
Dont try to explain it to the Mope Zombie Army. They stay alive only to **** on Diaz. Ive said it 100 times there are things that you can criticize Manny about but give credit when its due.

We just finished ranked, pulled an amazing recruiting class, got TRob, got a sh1tload of our players to stay, pulled arguably the best CB, the best DE, and the best WR in the portal. And still ppl are hating.
Some people genuinely do not like CMD. But some people are only happy when the program is failing, and some are only invested in the current regime’s failure so that any positivity (like the fact that we’ve gone from 27 blue chippers players in 2017 to 50 this season) is ridiculed or ignored.

Recap:

3. DVD great recruiter.

Thanks for the in depth overview

Advertisement
Recap:

3. DVD great recruiter.

As a proud moper I couldn't imagine ever not wanting to be proven wrong. Manny has shown severe flaws but I would love nothing more than him to prove me wrong. If he had fired Baker I wouldn't have blamed him for whatever Bama does to us. Hard to imagine him surviving another humiliating season with the changes he didn't make.

Advertisement
Thanks for the recap to the poster with the JayZ avi!

You can hate Manny if you want but its really hard not to root for the guy knowing he wants nothing more than to get this program back on track. Its his dream job. No coach we have had can say that. Not even Randy IMO.

One thing you gotta give him..he makes changes when needed and he takes his destiny in his own hands. Im hoping it works out for him. Hes got a **** good roster to work with now. Spring practice should be fun. (if there is spring practice)

Advertisement
Back