Manny on Joe Rose at 7 am Monday

Hopefully Taylor is in by February as they are hoping.

The guy just looks like a freak of nature out there and always in the backfield making plays on film. And with a nickname like LT you know he wants to be a super star.

If he can play backup DT & a bit of DE as some have pointed out he may be experimented at it may be really interesting to watch how he develops.

Advertisement
7am on a non work day? Nope
I used to get up way early for the Howard Schnellenberger Show. Hours earlier, cause the man had something to show besides his manly, testosterone oozing pipe. Manny got no pipe.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What stood out to me the most is that he said “we want to play our best guys” multiple times instead of “we will play our best players”. Goes to show you the trend will continue and we will see bums out there playing like 💩 on both sides of the ball while better guys sit. They will keep trotting them out there no matter what happens smh. Pope and Wiggins gon be starting on O still with McLost and Jennings on D. They will find excuses not to play young guys again on both sides
Can you reach any harder. Guy didn’t use you word choice and you get this reasoning ?

Good interview but I don’t like that literally everyone but T Rob was discussed. His change should've been the easiest to talk about.
I just saw that the Georgia 247 site has him on the cover photo of their potential db coaches. I hope it's just them being ****y and not something with actual merit.

Advertisement
To add a couple of things;

- He avoided directly answering whether Simpson was "first choice" as DL coach. Instead, mentioned how strong the run defense was....etc

- He said numerous times how Stroud was going to be his "eyes and ears" and help out in other things, ie weight room, academics etc since" he was going to be spending more time involved in the defense." It sounded to me like he was going to be running it - not just calling plays on gameday.

- Joe Rose directly asked him how the underclassmen felt about the older guys all returning - were they discouraged because they were anticipating getting more playing time, etc. Manny insisted that all positions were open and that there would be competition for every spot...

Per Rivals follow-up with Taylor after Manny's comments:
- Taylor is now saying it looks like he could enroll for spring. Will know tomorrow. He won't be in until close to Feb. 2nd late enrollment date but it seems like he will get in.

Brashard SMith will NOT be in for early enrollment.
I thought Ed Reed was his “eyes and ears”? Maybe he was demoted to “mouth and nose”?

Ya know? How can us fans trust Manure to discipline/hold our players accountable when he doesn't even hold his self accountable enough to answer a **** question about Fake Baker without dodging the question? Smdh

Advertisement
Not listening to this ****. Manny is a loser and I got no time for his salesman bull****
lee daniels lyons GIF by Empire FOX

When did the board get so obsessed with this seniority conspiracy theory? I get certain players that do not need to be named were playing awful and this weakness should be addressed. But aside from people thinking there is some blind loyalty to older players solely because of age, look at it from a logical perspective:

1. Manny is the same guy who had Bandy, Garvin, and Carter (all TF at the time) in the game against ND years ago during Bandy's pick 6. That was a top 10 matchup on national television, prime time slot, on a critical drive before half and Manny had 3 TF in there.

2. Manny was also the one who started a trio of TF LB for the first time ever in UM history, yet now people assume he has some seniority obsession and has changed in a few years?

3. You are grossly overestimating the "good guy" in diaz... he is going to put out a senior, who he knows is less talented than the guy behind him, because he has some undying loyalty and is willing to put his job on the line so the older guys can play? I like to think I am a nice guy but no way I am employing a bunch of my friends who I know suck at their job just because they are my friends and risk my own livelihood.

4. People are always obsessed with the "new" recruits, people always pounding the table for a back-up. Look at the NFL, think of your favorite team, now think of the player you think is the worst... can you name his backup? Do you think the backup is better and should be playing but the coach isnt because of seniority? Or is it just because the backup isnt better than the ****** player in front of him?

Regardless, everyone should blame the "coaching" aspect. LB is a weak spot, Manny had 4 years to find and groom replacements for the starting freshman trio. None seemed to develop how they should. Yes some were injured and we missed on some big targets but have any of the backups really impressed anyone here? Blame Manny for lack of talent in the room and bad evals, blame manny for the overall play as they do not appear to be well coached, but blaming him for thinking he is putting out a guy to play just because he has SR next to his name is foolish.
U can call it a conspiracy theory if u like... but why does it keep happening?

Not starting Rousseau over Patchan until game 5 when he was cleared to play and Rousseau leading the team in sacks off the bench. He gave some boo shizzle reasoning about patchan better on certain downs.

McCloud continuing to start and then when he missed a game we have better LB play. I’ll go lightly on the punching bag today.

Popes and wigs starting while the youngins are flashing on their extremely limited plays and then benched again for the dueling half-*** clowns

These are the obvious offenses, I’m sure smarter people with better memories can remember more.

when it’s been a trend since he started as a DC here, it becomes more than a “conspiracy theory “

Advertisement
Back