Manny, for your viewing pleasure (LOL) Updated

Advertisement
I don't understand the emotionally exhausted thing. The team is still riding high after dominating Duke (yeah I know it's Duke) We got everybody back, nobody adversely affected by the virus (except Blade-temporarily), the team has a lot to play for and be on the national stage on NYD. Graduating players have a chance to show their talents in front of NFL scouts during a nationally watched Bowl Game. The majority of competitive teams are still playing hard. So our players are softer than most? BS.

Advertisement
  • “It was a very, very disappointing performance. We just did not bring our fight from the players, staff, and everybody—we feel like we let everybody down.”

- The team will review the UNC film on Monday morning. When talking about where the run defense struggled started, Diaz highlighted the defensive line. “It started up front,” Diaz said. “What we thought would be an advantage for us was not. When they get that running game going, they are tough to stop and their backs just dominated the game.” Miami finished the game with five tackles for loss. They entered the game averaging nine tackles for loss per game.

- Diaz on if effort was the issue against UNC: “What is interesting is when we went back and watched the film, obviously our energy and enthusiasm was not what it needed to be, but when you watch the film, you do see guys playing with effort. We have our GPS catapult system, which actually shows you the work load that the guys put in. We had ten guys at over 20 miles per hour through the course of the game.” Diaz highlighted CB Te’Cory Couch as a guy that was sprinting down the field trying to chase down long runs. “It was simply an *** kicking.”

- Diaz on the in-game adjustments to stop UNC’s run game: “When we made adjustments and did some things with movement that are designed to take away some of the things they were doing that have been there for us all year, we didn’t execute those things. We have to coach those things a lot better and bring a lot more fight in the way we play in our front seven.”

- Diaz believes the team needs a break to recharge before the bowl game later this month: “We appeared to be emotionally exhausted. That is the best way I can sum it up, on a day that we had everything to play for. When you get into why are you emotionally exhausted, you are getting into the intangibles and that is what makes it harder to unpack…We didn’t have the emotional will to compete in a game like that and that gave us no chance to win…We do not have to be defined by one horrendous evening and thank God we have the chance to play a bowl game to punctuate this season.”

- Diaz was asked about the criticism of defensive coordinator Blake Baker: “Ultimately it starts with me. We didn’t get it done. It is a problem. We didn’t do our jobs and help our guys out.”

- Diaz on the trajectory of the program. “We are going somewhere. Saturday was horrendous. We sucked on Saturday. We are not where we were [in 2019] and we are not where we need to be, but we know we have made progress. We have improved the people on our team and representing our football team. On Wednesday [the early signing day] we have the opportunity to build and grow this team.”

- Following the loss to UNC, Diaz says he spent an hour talking with Miami’s Chief of Staff, Ed Reed on how to handle things moving forward. “He talked about the 1998 loss to Syracuse,” Diaz said. “His point was it is now all about how you respond to it and how you respond in the offseason. Our guys responded to last year during the offseason in the way that was required and I think the same thing will happen this offseason. What do we do next is what really matters.”

- Diaz on the progress of the program year over year: “This team has moved us up the mountain and we are aware that we have stumbled and we look back and realize we are not where we were. Now the question is do we have the will to keep on and I trust that our players do.”

- Diaz says the staff checked in with all of Miami’s commits within 90 minutes of the loss to North Carolina and they made it clear to him that they are all in with joining the UM program. “I love those guys,” Diaz said. “Those guys are all in. The majority of those guys committed before we played a game this year. They committed off of 6-7 a year ago. It was great to hear all those players say they are ready to get on campus and get to work. They are all in on the Canes.”

- Diaz believes the team will be motivated to play in a bowl game at the end of this month. “We need to recharge our batteries,” Diaz said. “We are going to do some things this week to get that done. I am proud of what they have done to get us back to this point and when we get back to work, I think they will be excited to go play in a bowl.”
There is no way in **** that any in-game adjustments were made and if they tried, the coaches did a really bad job of readjusting after that performance.

If I have to hear this man mention how many of our players cleared 20 MPH one more god**** time I'm gonna lose my ****.

3 weeks off. Emotionally exhausted.

Also, Manny's MPH = Golden's weight. When either coach suffered an embarrassing loss and faved questions about their performance, they have a nervous tick. For Golden, he'd start rambling off the weights of every player until all the media trickled away from him eventually leaving him alone on a field talking to himself.

Manny's version of this seems to be to talk about who hit 20mph.
That's what happens when a coach is called on some bull**** they speak coach language who most can't decipher. Sad part is most still fall for it. Every word this man just said is blah blah blah bliggity blah

Advertisement
I'm still laughing at these quotes man. This guy is supposed to be a leader of young men in a sport where toughness, physicality, and (as most people in our athletic department would label it) "toxic masculinity" are key. You need accountability.

But he's out here talking about being emotionally exhausted and needing to recharge their batteries? Lmao. What type of message are you sending to your team? "Hey you guys got your manhood stolen from you and you embarrassed yourself, but it's fine, welcome to the spa I've got you booked in the Rainforest room for a little R&R. The clay mud mask is to die for."

Da fug? These kids should be scared af of their coach after that game. Manny sounds like a weird yoga hippie at some commune giving them all these soft excuses. It's yet again no wonder why they play the way they do.

"It's ok if I jump offsides here and lose the game for us. I was body shamed on IG recently and coach told me I need a few days to recalibrate my energy. I won't be too hard on myself."

If we end up with Cristobal I hope he gives Manny a swirlie on his way out. *** nerd.
yep. when you get your o ring blown out, you don’t need to ‘recharge your batteries.’. that’s a euphemism if i ever heard one. more like you need to get reconstructive surgery to fix the prolapse.

Wonder how many MPH Manny hit on that slip n slide
20, clearly. he’s elite at slip n slide.

FFS, how in the world is he justifying effort with some ‘guy ran fast in the wrong direction once’ type ****. It’s pathetic. Worse than randy’s run up against a boat comment. i knew what randy was tryna say. Manny sounds delusional. Why did he think that was okay to say? what did he even know that stupid factoid? He must have asked his staff what went wrong and they were like ‘we don’t know, the speed meter read green.’. unbe****inglievable.

Advertisement
1DB8720C-1BFC-400F-91A9-B516983D790E.gif
Manny, I’m so emotionally exhausted. I know we were just of three weeks but we need more time to recharge.

Advertisement
Tons of players hit 20mph because they had time to get up to speed chasing the running backs on every play. How can you call that a good thing?
had a hard time dealing with that reasoning : I can't even believe he mentioned that : its like we can't trust what we are seeing we need to trust some BS analytics :

Anxious to see whose off to the NFL because their actions spoke loudly Saturday. I dont see any reason after the **** poor effort they showed Saturday they stay for a meaningless game if they are opting for the draft.

Phillips based off raw athleticism and effort will be drafted pretty high and possibly 1st round. He is there per those things mentioned but I really think another year to prove it could get him top 5. We will see.

King seems like he may come back to prove he is the goods. Would do wonders for off season and mentality for this team. That is all I want for Xmas is a King return.

Corch Diaz belongs at McKinsey or some lobbying firm so he can use his daddy’s connections to enrich Big Sugar.

Old man Brown must still get livid remembering he made Manuela the highest paid DC in the Big 12 and uses it as fuel to beat his *** defense mercilessly.

Advertisement
Back