Manny, for your viewing pleasure (LOL) Updated

Still haven't read through it all, but this is one of my main issues with Diaz. Stats and data analytics are great when used correctly. Your system that is referenced is pretty flawed when you're gauging effort by max speed in a game. The DL was beyond selfish and put the defense in bad spots. By the time the game got out of hand in the 1st quarter, you could see that the team just quit.
The defensive line did what they are trained to do and UNC completely exploited our tendencies.

They alllowed penetration and ran underneath it while instantly getting multiple offensive linemen to the second level to attack our weakest unit and create massive lanes. Abandoning basic fundamentals for tfl’s has gotten this defense destroyed by every quality opponent.

Phil Longo exposed why over penetration is as bad as getting knocked off the ball. Roche has speed to run down plays from the backside, but he never attacked the handoff mesh point. That is coaching.

When players are overmatched scheme wise,they try to play hero ball to make plays. It takes coaching to keep them settled and adjust.

This is what real offensive game planning looks like versus stubborn/ overwhelmed defensive coaches.

Advertisement
You clearly missed the point - we regressed as a team. What's Manny going to do next year when King leaves? Because there's not a QB his caliber that's in the portal. Idiots continuously point to records and ignore the product on the field. We don't look good, at all.
recency bias ... we have holes, and we looked terrible on saturday ... but we were 6-7 last year, are you saying we're worse this year?

“Diaz believes the team needs a break to recharge before the bowl game later this month: “We appeared to be emotionally exhausted. That is the best way I can sum it up, on a day that we had everything to play for. When you get into why are you emotionally exhausted, you are getting into the intangibles and that is what makes it harder to unpack…We didn’t have the emotional will to compete in a game like that and that gave us no chance to win…We do not have to be defined by one horrendous evening and thank God we have the chance to play a bowl game to punctuate this season.”

What accomplishments? They just allowed a record setting number of yards and fielded the worst defensive performance in school history.
8-2 is not an accomplishment coming off of 6-7 with losses to fiu and la tech ... is your using pre/early 2000 metrics i understand why you may feel that way ... if so, you didn't watch the previous years of canes football

Advertisement
Emotionally exhausted? WTF
I’m sorry, but Manny is a complete beta and will never get anything done here.
And who the f cares about some fn catipult system when you just had a team break records running the ball down your throat for the tune of 554 yards and 63 pts. What the **** is wrong with this guy, I didn’t think I could dislike a coach as much as Golden and his BS. Manny’s BS is worse. Unbelievable.

We are better on offense and terrible on defense.
We are better at QB and have pulled out a few close games this year.and thats why we have a better record. The real issues in the program remain.
i agree, but are we closer to fixing it, i think we are, i think the frustration is that we're not fixing it fast enough ...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Exhausted after a 3 week bye week and multiple other's before that. I think this is my 2012 moment with Golden. I was done after that season. We will get shallackee by Ok St. This process will play out and we will be talking about rebuindling and culture change in 2 years with a new car salesman

don't say this ... it's excuse making ... but in real talk, saturday sucked ... but to trash our guys despite our accomplishments in this climate are crazy ... many lost equity saturday, the staff has to coach for the life during bowl prep
Not making excuses. The reality is these guys have had to deal with a lot more than usual this year. And I completely agree Manny lost much of the equity he had built up with that performance Saturday. What he does moving forward will determine how long he remains the HC at the U.

Advertisement
3 weeks off. Emotionally exhausted.

Also, Manny's MPH = Golden's weight. When either coach suffered an embarrassing loss and faved questions about their performance, they have a nervous tick. For Golden, he'd start rambling off the weights of every player until all the media trickled away from him eventually leaving him alone on a field talking to himself.

Manny's version of this seems to be to talk about who hit 20mph.
No way those catapult **** been calibrated, if we have 10 players moving like that, you telling me we have DL and our slow *** LB moving as fast as Tyreek Hill.. You got to be fassst af to break 20 mph.. These guys were sold some cheap as uncalibrated system to make them feel good for their slow *** team, when reporters ask the players what they run they all say some **** like 22 mph, 23 mph.. **** track guys in NFL are running like Tyreek, yet none of these guys can make plays on the field.. wtf

Manny a ******* duck with this BS..

We appeared to be emotionally exhausted….We didn’t have the emotional will to compete in a game like that….We need to recharge our batteries….We are going to do some things this week to get that done.
A head football coach talking about emotional exhaustion. How many games have we even played this year? 'Recharge out batteries'? WTF? We're going to 'do some things this week to get that done'? Why didn't you do those things last week, so they were already done? This is pathetic.

when you watch the film, you do see guys playing with effort….We had ten guys at over 20 miles per hour through the course of the game.
Manny's a delusional dork. They ran up 200+ yards before first contact and he's talkimbout effort? Ten guys over 20 mph? Is he unaware that you could hide a 747 in his **** hole right now? He's got a blown out O ring and he's saying he struggled hard. Except it's not true.

We are going somewhere. We are not where we were [in 2019] and we are not where we need to be, but we know we have made progress. We have improved the people on our team and representing our football team…. I am proud of what they have done to get us back to this point
Here, he's insisting we're better than last year. But minus King, adjusted for no Enos, and a few lucky close wins, and it's not even clear it's true. And last year was an embarrassment, so it's a weak measure to begin with. He's proud of moving from losing to FIU to getting humiliated by Mack Brown. Talk about progress!

Our guys responded to last year during the offseason in the way that was required and I think the same thing will happen this offseason. What do we do next is what really matters.... On Wednesday [the early signing day] we have the opportunity to build and grow this team.
It's always about the off-season to Manny. He should be director of off-season planning. Hire someone who actually cares about winning games to be HC.

recency bias ... we have holes, and we looked terrible on saturday ... but we were 6-7 last year, are you saying we're worse this year?
We’re the same ******* 6-7 team this year that we were last year! The only reason that record says 8-2 and soon to be 8-3 is because king saved us from guaranteed 3 more losses. Why some of you dip$hits can’t see that is beyond me. This is the same team with the same undisciplined, unfocused, unprepared, performances we saw all last year. The only difference is god laid king in our laps. Kings gone next year and the this same terribly coached team will be back where they belong in the 5-7 to 6-6 range and god willing Lispy manure will be fired never to coach power 5 football again. Maybe he’ll get a group of five DC job. The rest of his band of merry idiots in the defense will be back to non football jobs or highschool football.

Advertisement
Back