Manny, for your viewing pleasure (LOL) Updated

Advertisement
I might end up with a petition to ban this useless stat. Tackles for Loss dont mean ****.
99% of all statistics are menat to give a glimpse at the performance of a particular position for a particular reason. They're just a piece of the puzzle. After a loss like this, pointing out TFL is like saying you found a corner piece when the box was opened and scattered across a highway.

Gave up 550 yards on the ground and over 700 yards total in one game.
We have played once in three weeks an he has the ballsss to say we were exhausted before the game?????

yep, except you’re short changing Manny defense. They gave up close to 800 yards, 778 to be exact. How this guy still has a job is mind boggling to me. Golden was fired after the Clemson beat down, Shannon after the So Fla game, but Manny’s are MUCH worse. This guy was embarrassed on National tv last Saturday, and been beaten soundly by the likes of FIU and La Tech. How the f is he still employed.

Advertisement
  • “It was a very, very disappointing performance. We just did not bring our fight from the players, staff, and everybody—we feel like we let everybody down.”

- The team will review the UNC film on Monday morning. When talking about where the run defense struggled started, Diaz highlighted the defensive line. “It started up front,” Diaz said. “What we thought would be an advantage for us was not. When they get that running game going, they are tough to stop and their backs just dominated the game.” Miami finished the game with five tackles for loss. They entered the game averaging nine tackles for loss per game.

- Diaz on if effort was the issue against UNC: “What is interesting is when we went back and watched the film, obviously our energy and enthusiasm was not what it needed to be, but when you watch the film, you do see guys playing with effort. We have our GPS catapult system, which actually shows you the work load that the guys put in. We had ten guys at over 20 miles per hour through the course of the game.” Diaz highlighted CB Te’Cory Couch as a guy that was sprinting down the field trying to chase down long runs. “It was simply an *** kicking.”

- Diaz on the in-game adjustments to stop UNC’s run game: “When we made adjustments and did some things with movement that are designed to take away some of the things they were doing that have been there for us all year, we didn’t execute those things. We have to coach those things a lot better and bring a lot more fight in the way we play in our front seven.”

- Diaz believes the team needs a break to recharge before the bowl game later this month: “We appeared to be emotionally exhausted. That is the best way I can sum it up, on a day that we had everything to play for. When you get into why are you emotionally exhausted, you are getting into the intangibles and that is what makes it harder to unpack…We didn’t have the emotional will to compete in a game like that and that gave us no chance to win…We do not have to be defined by one horrendous evening and thank God we have the chance to play a bowl game to punctuate this season.”

- Diaz was asked about the criticism of defensive coordinator Blake Baker: “Ultimately it starts with me. We didn’t get it done. It is a problem. We didn’t do our jobs and help our guys out.”

- Diaz on the trajectory of the program. “We are going somewhere. Saturday was horrendous. We sucked on Saturday. We are not where we were [in 2019] and we are not where we need to be, but we know we have made progress. We have improved the people on our team and representing our football team. On Wednesday [the early signing day] we have the opportunity to build and grow this team.”

- Following the loss to UNC, Diaz says he spent an hour talking with Miami’s Chief of Staff, Ed Reed on how to handle things moving forward. “He talked about the 1998 loss to Syracuse,” Diaz said. “His point was it is now all about how you respond to it and how you respond in the offseason. Our guys responded to last year during the offseason in the way that was required and I think the same thing will happen this offseason. What do we do next is what really matters.”

- Diaz on the progress of the program year over year: “This team has moved us up the mountain and we are aware that we have stumbled and we look back and realize we are not where we were. Now the question is do we have the will to keep on and I trust that our players do.”

- Diaz says the staff checked in with all of Miami’s commits within 90 minutes of the loss to North Carolina and they made it clear to him that they are all in with joining the UM program. “I love those guys,” Diaz said. “Those guys are all in. The majority of those guys committed before we played a game this year. They committed off of 6-7 a year ago. It was great to hear all those players say they are ready to get on campus and get to work. They are all in on the Canes.”

- Diaz believes the team will be motivated to play in a bowl game at the end of this month. “We need to recharge our batteries,” Diaz said. “We are going to do some things this week to get that done. I am proud of what they have done to get us back to this point and when we get back to work, I think they will be excited to go play in a bowl.”
He needs to GPS catapult his *** outta here

I'm still laughing at these quotes man. This guy is supposed to be a leader of young men in a sport where toughness, physicality, and (as most people in our athletic department would label it) "toxic masculinity" are key. You need accountability.

But he's out here talking about being emotionally exhausted and needing to recharge their batteries? Lmao. What type of message are you sending to your team? "Hey you guys got your manhood stolen from you and you embarrassed yourself, but it's fine, welcome to the spa I've got you booked in the Rainforest room for a little R&R. The clay mud mask is to die for."

Da fug? These kids should be scared af of their coach after that game. Manny sounds like a weird yoga hippie at some commune giving them all these soft excuses. It's yet again no wonder why they play the way they do.

"It's ok if I jump offsides here and lose the game for us. I was body shamed on IG recently and coach told me I need a few days to recalibrate my energy. I won't be too hard on myself."

If we end up with Cristobal I hope he gives Manny a swirlie on his way out. *** nerd.

Last edited:
Any reporter with a pulse would have responded to his emotionally exhausted bs with the fact that we just had 3 weeks off. Get this cat out my face
Yea three weeks of the majority of the team being sick is a great way to spend 3 weeks off.

Advertisement
We’re the same ******* 6-7 team this year that we were last year! The only reason that record says 8-2 and soon to be 8-3 is because king saved us from guaranteed 3 more losses. Why some of you dip$hits can’t see that is beyond me. This is the same team with the same undisciplined, unfocused, unprepared, performances we saw all last year. The only difference is god laid king in our laps. Kings gone next year and the this same terribly coached team will be back where they belong in the 5-7 to 6-6 range and god willing Lispy manure will be fired never to coach power 5 football again. Maybe he’ll get a group of five DC job. The rest of his band of merry idiots in the defense will be back to non football jobs or highschool football.
THIS RIGHT HERE!!! Do you think we're 8-2 with Kosi at QB?

tenor (3).gif

Reading this thread shows you that half our fans are as soft as our team, "oh the players had a lot to deal with this year." So did everyone else, man the f@ck up and get it done, don't get a train run on your a$$ at home on national TV.

The players have been through a helluva lot this year trying to avoid the virus. Many have gotten it and many have been in quarantine because of it. Haven’t been able to see family and friends for weeks. If any of you don’t think that’s emotionally exhausting, I don’t know WTF to tell you.

Does it excuse the performance Saturday night? Not entirely. But the reality is these are 18-22 year old young men who’ve had to deal with more than the usual college life this year. I can absolutely understand them being emotionally exhausted.

As a aide note. BC, Pitt, and UVA will not be playing in a bowl game becuase the players decided not to because - wait for it - they’re emotionally exhausted.
I see we still have some Manny apologists out there.
Unbelievable, this guy still has supporters after the worst beating we have taken in school history, losing badly to Georgia Tech, FIU and LA Tech last year. What is it going to take for people such as your self to see that Manny is a fraud and completely in over his head? Another embarrassing bowl performance? Another losing season? A 100-0 loss to Alabama? Loss to Bethune Cook?

I wonder if he really believes his own bull****, or is just making excuses. If he really believes what he’s saying, he’s delusional.
I believe he is in over his head and just grasping on to whatever he can. He needs to hand over the defense to a real DC and focus on being a head coach, not a analyst of meaningless stats

Advertisement
  • “It was a very, very disappointing performance. We just did not bring our fight from the players, staff, and everybody—we feel like we let everybody down.”

- The team will review the UNC film on Monday morning. When talking about where the run defense struggled started, Diaz highlighted the defensive line. “It started up front,” Diaz said. “What we thought would be an advantage for us was not. When they get that running game going, they are tough to stop and their backs just dominated the game.” Miami finished the game with five tackles for loss. They entered the game averaging nine tackles for loss per game.

- Diaz on if effort was the issue against UNC: “What is interesting is when we went back and watched the film, obviously our energy and enthusiasm was not what it needed to be, but when you watch the film, you do see guys playing with effort. We have our GPS catapult system, which actually shows you the work load that the guys put in. We had ten guys at over 20 miles per hour through the course of the game.” Diaz highlighted CB Te’Cory Couch as a guy that was sprinting down the field trying to chase down long runs. “It was simply an *** kicking.”

- Diaz on the in-game adjustments to stop UNC’s run game: “When we made adjustments and did some things with movement that are designed to take away some of the things they were doing that have been there for us all year, we didn’t execute those things. We have to coach those things a lot better and bring a lot more fight in the way we play in our front seven.”

- Diaz believes the team needs a break to recharge before the bowl game later this month: “We appeared to be emotionally exhausted. That is the best way I can sum it up, on a day that we had everything to play for. When you get into why are you emotionally exhausted, you are getting into the intangibles and that is what makes it harder to unpack…We didn’t have the emotional will to compete in a game like that and that gave us no chance to win…We do not have to be defined by one horrendous evening and thank God we have the chance to play a bowl game to punctuate this season.”

- Diaz was asked about the criticism of defensive coordinator Blake Baker: “Ultimately it starts with me. We didn’t get it done. It is a problem. We didn’t do our jobs and help our guys out.”

- Diaz on the trajectory of the program. “We are going somewhere. Saturday was horrendous. We sucked on Saturday. We are not where we were [in 2019] and we are not where we need to be, but we know we have made progress. We have improved the people on our team and representing our football team. On Wednesday [the early signing day] we have the opportunity to build and grow this team.”

- Following the loss to UNC, Diaz says he spent an hour talking with Miami’s Chief of Staff, Ed Reed on how to handle things moving forward. “He talked about the 1998 loss to Syracuse,” Diaz said. “His point was it is now all about how you respond to it and how you respond in the offseason. Our guys responded to last year during the offseason in the way that was required and I think the same thing will happen this offseason. What do we do next is what really matters.”

- Diaz on the progress of the program year over year: “This team has moved us up the mountain and we are aware that we have stumbled and we look back and realize we are not where we were. Now the question is do we have the will to keep on and I trust that our players do.”

- Diaz says the staff checked in with all of Miami’s commits within 90 minutes of the loss to North Carolina and they made it clear to him that they are all in with joining the UM program. “I love those guys,” Diaz said. “Those guys are all in. The majority of those guys committed before we played a game this year. They committed off of 6-7 a year ago. It was great to hear all those players say they are ready to get on campus and get to work. They are all in on the Canes.”

- Diaz believes the team will be motivated to play in a bowl game at the end of this month. “We need to recharge our batteries,” Diaz said. “We are going to do some things this week to get that done. I am proud of what they have done to get us back to this point and when we get back to work, I think they will be excited to go play in a bowl.”

"We have our GPS catapult system, which actually shows you the work load that the guys put in. We had ten guys at over 20 miles per hour through the course of the game"

That was obviously accomplished while chasing their running backs from behind

Only good thing was he spent an hour talking to Reed. We just have to hope Reed said Baker needs to go...

Following the loss to UNC, Diaz says he spent an hour talking with Miami’s Chief of Staff, Ed Reed on how to handle things moving forward. “He talked about the 1998 loss to Syracuse,” Diaz said. “His point was it is now all about how you respond to it and how you respond in the offseason. Our guys responded to last year during the offseason in the way that was required and I think the same thing will happen this offseason. What do we do next is what really matters.”

That's good. I hope Reed mentioned Butch fired his defensive coordinator that season.

Advertisement
We cared more, and it was our feelings that wore us down. Those other big bad teams don't care like we do. We are all about feelings and emotions.
Manny knows what he’s doing. This “Emotionally Exhausted” BS excuse is gobbled up by the SJW in the hect. ****, Blake and Strawly might give him an extension to make him FEEL better. This program is so ****ed. I didn’t think things could get any worse after Golden and Richt, boy was I wrong. Diaz is a disaster.

Following the loss to UNC, Diaz says he spent an hour talking with Miami’s Chief of Staff, Ed Reed on how to handle things moving forward. “He talked about the 1998 loss to Syracuse,” Diaz said. “His point was it is now all about how you respond to it and how you respond in the offseason. Our guys responded to last year during the offseason in the way that was required and I think the same thing will happen this offseason. What do we do next is what really matters.”

That's good. I hope Reed mentioned Butch fired his defensive coordinator that season

Theres no way manny isnt thinking about restarting on defense. that whole interview sounds like hes embarrassed and he should be. when you have to call your commits before you even get on the bus home you know you messed up. Ed told him to do what you did with the offense because that worked.

I see we still have some Manny apologists out there.
Unbelievable, this guy still has supporters after the worst beating we have taken in school history, losing badly to Georgia Tech, FIU and LA Tech last year. What is it going to take for people such as your self to see that Manny is a fraud and completely in over his head? Another embarrassing bowl performance? Another losing season? A 100-0 loss to Alabama? Loss to Bethune Cook?
I don’t see how you interpret my statement as being a Manny apologist. To the contrary. I specifically said that if he doesn’t make changes on the D side, his tenure will be short lived. If you don’t have any compassion or empathy for what the players have been through this year, O don’t know WTF to tell you.

Theres no way manny isnt thinking about restarting on defense. that whole interview sounds like hes embarrassed and he should be. when you have to call your commits before you even get on the bus home you know you messed up. Ed told him to do what you did with the offense because that worked.

I hope he listens to Ed.

Advertisement
Back