Manny, for your viewing pleasure (LOL) Updated

Advertisement
Yeah, the emotionally exhausted bit is bull****. Not only is it loser speak, but it still doesn't excuse the way they were outcoached on Saturday.
What respectable man uses the term "emotionally exhausted?" This is Miami football today, where we're more concerned about your feelings and being socially responsible than winning football games, what an absolute joke.

Get this lispy dunce out of my face.

no excuses, but it's monday so as grown men we should be able to talk straight ... we lost to fiu and la tech last year ... we beat everyone on our schedule except two teams ... recent bias aside, he's done alot more good than bad

Gave up 550 yards on the ground and over 700 yards total in one game.
We have played once in three weeks an he has the ballsss to say we were exhausted before the game?????

no excuses, but it's monday so as grown men we should be able to talk straight ... we lost to fiu and la tech last year ... we beat everyone on our schedule except two teams ... recent bias aside, he's done alot more good than bad
No. We played a dog **** schedule, and the two teams with a pulse that we played, we got annihilated on national TV. And for the next tier of teams, most of which we played with their backup QBs and barely won (VT and NC State come to mind). If we played with Kosi or TVD, I guarantee we don't win more than 4 games this year.

Advertisement
“We have our GPS catapult system, which actually shows you the work load that the guys put in.”

Is this how we measured work load in sideline dancing last year?

This is what we are looking at after that loss?

Tells you all you need to know about Diaz. He's not the guy, time to look forward to the next (fumbled) hire.

Advertisement
Lol. There's nothing Diaz could've said sans "I'm firing -whoever from the defensive staff-" or "I'm resigning". Anything else will have this whole thread dedicated to over analyzing how he's making excuses.

I can tell one thing he definitely shouldn't have said. You can't say the team was exhausted before the game...you absolutely can't say that when we played one game in three weeks.
You also can't say that when other teams habe gone through much worse dealing with covid and still managed to show up.

“His point was it is now all about how you respond to it and how you respond in the offseason. Our guys responded to last year during the offseason in the way that was required and I think the same thing will happen this offseason. What do we do next is what really matters.”

Diaz already quick to point to the offseason because he knows that's his time to shine. He is the Nick Saban of the season. Unfortunately for him, there is no national championship for offseason performance. What a joke.

What you highlighted is what Ed Reed's advice was to Diaz when they spoke. Just saying.

No. We played a dog **** schedule, and the two teams with a pulse that we played, we got annihilated on national TV. And for the next tier of teams, most of which we played with their backup QBs and barely won (VT and NC State come to mind). If we played with Kosi or TVD, I guarantee we don't win more than 4 games this year.
fiu and la tech ... secondly, you make an argument for manny, he saw we needed to upgrade our qb position and he did ... saturday was trash, but last year we were 6-7 ... i was hoping by monday us men would come back to the numbers ... 770 sucks, but it's still 8-2 ... we learn alot next game

The players have been through a helluva lot this year trying to avoid the virus. Many have gotten it and many have been in quarantine because of it. Haven’t been able to see family and friends for weeks. If any of you don’t think that’s emotionally exhausting, I don’t know WTF to tell you.

Does it excuse the performance Saturday night? Not entirely. But the reality is these are 18-22 year old young men who’ve had to deal with more than the usual college life this year. I can absolutely understand them being emotionally exhausted.

As a aide note. BC, Pitt, and UVA will not be playing in a bowl game becuase the players decided not to because - wait for it - they’re emotionally exhausted.

Advertisement
The players have been through a helluva lot this year trying to avoid the virus. Many have gotten it and many have been in quarantine because of it. Haven’t been able to see family and friends for weeks. If any of you don’t think that’s emotionally exhausting, I don’t know WTF to tell you.

Does it excuse the performance Saturday night? Not entirely. But the reality is these are 18-22 year old young men who’ve had to deal with more than the usual college life this year. I can absolutely understand them being emotionally exhausted.

As a aide note. BC, Pitt, and UVA will not be playing in a bowl game becuase the players decided not to because - wait for it - they’re emotionally exhausted.
don't say this ... it's excuse making ... but in real talk, saturday sucked ... but to trash our guys despite our accomplishments in this climate are crazy ... many lost equity saturday, the staff has to coach for the life during bowl prep

What you highlighted is what Ed Reed's advice was to Diaz when they spoke. Just saying.
I'm sure Ed Reed said more than just that if they truly spoke for an hour. But it's telling that that is the one thing Manny wants to point out as the biggest piece of advice from Ed. It's likely because it follows along with Manny's point of view on what to prioritize next.

fiu and la tech ... secondly, you make an argument for manny, he saw we needed to upgrade our qb position and he did ... saturday was trash, but last year we were 6-7 ... i was hoping by monday us men would come back to the numbers ... 770 sucks, but it's still 8-2 ... we learn alot next game
You clearly missed the point - we regressed as a team. What's Manny going to do next year when King leaves? Because there's not a QB his caliber that's in the portal. Idiots continuously point to records and ignore the product on the field. We don't look good, at all.

Advertisement
  • “It was a very, very disappointing performance. We just did not bring our fight from the players, staff, and everybody—we feel like we let everybody down.”

- The team will review the UNC film on Monday morning. When talking about where the run defense struggled started, Diaz highlighted the defensive line. “It started up front,” Diaz said. “What we thought would be an advantage for us was not. When they get that running game going, they are tough to stop and their backs just dominated the game.” Miami finished the game with five tackles for loss. They entered the game averaging nine tackles for loss per game.

- Diaz on if effort was the issue against UNC: “What is interesting is when we went back and watched the film, obviously our energy and enthusiasm was not what it needed to be, but when you watch the film, you do see guys playing with effort. We have our GPS catapult system, which actually shows you the work load that the guys put in. We had ten guys at over 20 miles per hour through the course of the game.” Diaz highlighted CB Te’Cory Couch as a guy that was sprinting down the field trying to chase down long runs. “It was simply an *** kicking.”

- Diaz on the in-game adjustments to stop UNC’s run game: “When we made adjustments and did some things with movement that are designed to take away some of the things they were doing that have been there for us all year, we didn’t execute those things. We have to coach those things a lot better and bring a lot more fight in the way we play in our front seven.”

- Diaz believes the team needs a break to recharge before the bowl game later this month: “We appeared to be emotionally exhausted. That is the best way I can sum it up, on a day that we had everything to play for. When you get into why are you emotionally exhausted, you are getting into the intangibles and that is what makes it harder to unpack…We didn’t have the emotional will to compete in a game like that and that gave us no chance to win…We do not have to be defined by one horrendous evening and thank God we have the chance to play a bowl game to punctuate this season.”

- Diaz was asked about the criticism of defensive coordinator Blake Baker: “Ultimately it starts with me. We didn’t get it done. It is a problem. We didn’t do our jobs and help our guys out.”

- Diaz on the trajectory of the program. “We are going somewhere. Saturday was horrendous. We sucked on Saturday. We are not where we were [in 2019] and we are not where we need to be, but we know we have made progress. We have improved the people on our team and representing our football team. On Wednesday [the early signing day] we have the opportunity to build and grow this team.”

- Following the loss to UNC, Diaz says he spent an hour talking with Miami’s Chief of Staff, Ed Reed on how to handle things moving forward. “He talked about the 1998 loss to Syracuse,” Diaz said. “His point was it is now all about how you respond to it and how you respond in the offseason. Our guys responded to last year during the offseason in the way that was required and I think the same thing will happen this offseason. What do we do next is what really matters.”

- Diaz on the progress of the program year over year: “This team has moved us up the mountain and we are aware that we have stumbled and we look back and realize we are not where we were. Now the question is do we have the will to keep on and I trust that our players do.”

- Diaz says the staff checked in with all of Miami’s commits within 90 minutes of the loss to North Carolina and they made it clear to him that they are all in with joining the UM program. “I love those guys,” Diaz said. “Those guys are all in. The majority of those guys committed before we played a game this year. They committed off of 6-7 a year ago. It was great to hear all those players say they are ready to get on campus and get to work. They are all in on the Canes.”

- Diaz believes the team will be motivated to play in a bowl game at the end of this month. “We need to recharge our batteries,” Diaz said. “We are going to do some things this week to get that done. I am proud of what they have done to get us back to this point and when we get back to work, I think they will be excited to go play in a bowl.”
I am glad you posted this. Its nothing but excuses and is the reason why Manny is not a good coach. First listen to the post game presser Manny said they did NOT make adjustments now he says they failed to execute the adjustments. Second mentally exhausted after 21 days between games. I cant buy that with so much to play for. Did Dabo use injuries as an excuse after the ND loss? No!! Is Alabama or ND mentally exhausted? No!! Have we not seen this before an unprepared team that commits stupid penalties has no discipline. Since Manny spends all of his time with the defense I guess he couldnt just put all the blame on Baker.

So Miami's the only school dealing with Covid?

don't say this ... it's excuse making ... but in real talk, saturday sucked ... but to trash our guys despite our accomplishments in this climate are crazy ... many lost equity saturday, the staff has to coach for the life during bowl prep

What accomplishments? They just allowed a record setting number of yards and fielded the worst defensive performance in school history.

Advertisement
Back