Mahoney play

Evan Neal to Miami or fire Stacy Searels.

Think of how much better this looks in 2019 with a stud LT:

Tackle: Scaife, Campbell, Brown, Herbert, Hillery, Tarquin
Guard: Donaldson, Boulware, Reed, Mahoney, Dykstra, Eguakun
Center: Gaynor, Milo

Advertisement
I think a competent O line wins us that game even if everything else stays the same.

Absolutely. The "skill positions" get most of the press, but multi-dimensional Os and Ds all start with the beef up front.

Not having great talent in the trenches dooms both Os and Ds to one-dimensional/no-dimensional schemes. Thats a really hard way to win.

It's all in Mahoney's stance on this one. He's playing too upright and is off balance. Couple in you have a OLB (that's probably around 205-215lbs), it just looks all around bad.

He’s using incorrect technique here. He needs to have a wider base.. Here let me show you..
:20161020-221306th:

Advertisement
We need to clean house on the OL. If you can't play, you can't play. Mahoney, Jones, Johnson, Brown, and Milo need to go. Dykstra and Hillery, the jury is still out but they haven't done much yet either and they've been around for a couple years. We need to add 5-6 studs to go with the young guys and move forward. Reed, Scaife, Donaldson, Boulware, and Campbell are all we really have after this year with any ability.

Advertisement
In year 3, we should not still have Golden/Kehoe specials starting on the OL. I'm sure he is a good kid, but he it outclassed on the field.

Jesus...Where's these two when ya need them??
Romberg is on the radio here and way too thin to play OL anywhere and McKinnie is dodging the leg breakers that the strip club owners hired to get their money.

Yep...just ask Lingard, Pope, Silvera, Steed, Hall, Reed, Williams, etc, etc, etc...

Pope isn’t ready to play but Lingard needs the ball...

the defensive players Hall Steed and Silvera Diaz calls the shots. Diaz loves Robert Knowles.

Williams??
Reed needs to play bc the oline is trash either way.

He’s got to go plain and simple.

You shouldn’t be at Miami get pushed around like this and this is not just one game remember him getting thrown to the floor by the db from Savannah state?

Richt play calling is absolutely terrible and he shouldn’t be devoid of criticism in that aspect but some of these lineman most notably Jahair Jones and Hayden Mahoney are terrible. Donaldson gets also gets beat too often with the speed rush and should strictly be a guard and the transition to left tackle for st.louis hasn’t been that good either

And that dude looked 100lbs lighter than Baloney. Lol. Like I said before, all these ***kingg Goldies Olinemen gots to go. ASAP.

Advertisement
In year 3, we should not still have Golden/Kehoe specials starting on the OL. I'm sure he is a good kid, but he it outclassed on the field.

This shouldn't be surprising, we still have a Golden special playing QB....a Golden special that nobody, including Golden, ever thought would play a meaningful snap at QB.

Advertisement
Perry may not be great but he **** sure has better tools than rosier. I say That to say this, next spring will be interesting. Jarren williams
Coming

How is no one commenting on the fact that no only did he get blown up, but he got blown up by a stickman who he outweighs by 100 lbs.

I have come to the conclusion that people on this board who still defend Mahoney have never once taken a look at poster Lance Roffers (sp?) weekly posts "Upon Further Review". Not once. They are just talking out of their a$$ because his breakdowns clearly show Mahoney either on his a$$ or getting ran through 75% of the time.

I think the board agrees that Jones should never see another snap. I am guessing Reed just really isn't ready if they are not giving him a crack at that spot.

How ready do you have to be? Compared to what Mahoney is bringing to the table. Basically, be able to stand your ground and stalemate the dude in front of you...if Reed can do that, I give him a shining endorsement.

Advertisement
Back