Mahoney play

Did you guys notice that dude that destroys Mahoney is on his knees pushing fat *** back into Rosier for half the play!?! That lets me know that a paraplegic can in all seriousness whoop Mahoney's *** off the line...L-O-L

Advertisement
what did mahoney do for 3 years while he wasn't playing? dude looks like we took him off Home Depot

Favoring seniority at its finest. Let’s put a stool in there for him and hope they trip on it a few plays a game. Equally to more effective than he is

Advertisement
We need better play calling, but fck man. What play do you call for that? I guess every down is a screen?

In addition to lacking strength, does it seem like our OL weigh like 250 or so? Maybe they have hollow bones? I don't know, but a smaller DL, from UVA no less, shouldn't be able to lift you off the ground so easily.

I said it during the LSU game. Donaldson was pushed way back by a 245lb LB. How?

I know Gus is a certified trainer, but that OL gets pummeled on bull rushes.

what did mahoney do for 3 years while he wasn't playing? dude looks like we took him off Home Depot

Also makes you wonder about Jones - dude was buried DEEP on the bench for several years and now all of a sudden he's our starter?

Advertisement
Did we have this problem with kehoe? I dont recall it ever being this bad.

Do you remember the RAB against Louisville? Everyone on that line went to the NFL and it looked like they had never seen a stand up rusher or blitzer in their career. Might have been one of worst performances I've ever seen.

Last edited:
St. Louis / Boulware / Gauthier / Donaldson / Scaife

does anyone disagree?

Advertisement
It's all in Mahoney's stance on this one. He's playing too upright and is off balance. Couple in you have a OLB (that's probably around 205-215lbs), it just looks all around bad.
I said it during the LSU game. Donaldson was pushed way back by a 245lb LB. How?

I know Gus is a certified trainer, but that OL gets pummeled on bull rushes.

I would put the blame on Searles for that. I don't think it's strength so much as technique.

I would put the blame on Searles for that. I don't think it's strength so much as technique.

Oh, I blame Searles for pretty much everything, but I don’t see base explosion from our OL. I see them constantly getting pushed back. U could look great up top, but w no strong lower base, u weak.

Oh, I blame Searles for pretty much everything, but I don’t see base explosion from our OL. I see them constantly getting pushed back. U could look great up top, but w no strong lower base, u weak.
watch our OL real close and one thing will jump out at you.... they have very poor footwork most of the time ... almost no technique making them look slow and clumsy.

watch a good OL and you will see the difference with their feet.

with no good footwork, there is no leverage and they get overpowered and outmatched.

Advertisement
lol...Homer should take Baloney's spot. He absolutely stonewalls what looks to be a physically bigger player than the one recreating the Dirty Dancing "Lift" scene with Mahoney....

dirty-dancing-jjump-final-1484160485.gif

When Perry is at QB, Rosier should be left guard, and vice versa. Obviously have to wait to see how they grade out, but the production would probably be better than Mahoney.

Here's my own mindset on getting a full ride football scholarship for O-LINE .....

I second I'm offered and by my home town team BOOOOOOOOOOOM I COMMIT and sign if possible the next second , hey it's just me my Canes want me I'm theirs.
Instantly I begin metamorphosing into a creature by training "Power Lifting" heavy - light day 5-7 days a week eating like a wild bear , speed training , stadium stair work just so you all have an idea.
squat 785
bench 410
dead lift 810
6',1" 242 pounds
These totals were recorded (2) years after my football career end ankle dislocation / tenon injury.

I cannot even imagine what I would have been like with free food,free weight training with a trainer, free medical OMG.

easily 830 plus pound squat easily
bench over 500
dead lift 875 no problem.

These totals would need a body weight of 295-310 to achieve.

Bottom line is there wasn't a room I would walk into that I couldn't dominate anywhere back in the day.

If our O-LINE would dedicate themselves to train like no other so they could be like no other.......NO O-LINE CANE WOULD EVER GE PUSHED BACK LIKE THESE VIDEO.

SORRY I ASSURE....I WOULD....NOT...PERIOD BANK IT,I'M 61 NOW AND I'M TELLING IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN.

GOCANES

Do you remember the RAB against Louisville? Everyone on that line went to the NFL and it looked like they had never seen a stand up rusher or blitzer in their career. Might have been one of worst performances I've ever seen.

One game so what... The line was way more productive under him with an immobile QB

Advertisement
Back