Mahoney play

brock

All-American
He’s got to go plain and simple.

You shouldn’t be at Miami get pushed around like this and this is not just one game remember him getting thrown to the floor by the db from Savannah state?

Richt play calling is absolutely terrible and he shouldn’t be devoid of criticism in that aspect but some of these lineman most notably Jahair Jones and Hayden Mahoney are terrible. Donaldson gets also gets beat too often with the speed rush and should strictly be a guard and the transition to left tackle for st.louis hasn’t been that good either

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have come to the conclusion that people on this board who still defend Mahoney have never once taken a look at poster Lance Roffers (sp?) weekly posts "Upon Further Review". Not once. They are just talking out of their a$$ because his breakdowns clearly show Mahoney either on his a$$ or getting ran through 75% of the time.

I think the board agrees that Jones should never see another snap. I am guessing Reed just really isn't ready if they are not giving him a crack at that spot.

Advertisement
He’s got to go plain and simple.

You shouldn’t be at Miami get pushed around like this and this is not just one game remember him getting thrown to the floor by the db from Savannah state?

Richt play calling is absolutely terrible and he shouldn’t be devoid of criticism in that aspect but some of these lineman most notably Jahair Jones and Hayden Mahoney are terrible. Donaldson gets also gets beat too often with the speed rush and should strictly be a guard and the transition to left tackle for st.louis hasn’t been that good either

On top of that, he didn't just get pushed around, he got thrown back. The concerning part was I could understand if this was a NT that outweighed you by a significant margin to some degree. This was an OLB that threw him back 5 yards.

That was a blitzing LB too, not a big d lineman. And just look how high he is in his stance at the point of impact! A 14yr old kid could have driven him back right there. That is disgusting. The whole o line played like **** last saturday.

Jesus...Where's these two when ya need them??

Attachments

• CAM00120.jpg
    CAM00120.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 72
Advertisement
We need better play calling, but fck man. What play do you call for that? I guess every down is a screen?

In addition to lacking strength, does it seem like our OL weigh like 250 or so? Maybe they have hollow bones? I don't know, but a smaller DL, from UVA no less, shouldn't be able to lift you off the ground so easily.

4 man rush gets a sack where 2 of our OL don't even touch a defender. Ridiculous.

Its worse than that, 4 man rush with 6 blockers because we kept homer in to help and 2 defenders still get home in record time to the QB, who has nowhere to run because every angle is covered. UVA did a good job confusing Searels and co. Bronco (Uva coach) was laughing at his presser that people thought they were blitzing when in reality they sent only 4 guys most times. Cant wait for hurricane vision breakdown

Advertisement
It's so bad I don't even know what to say.

What happens in the film room after this? Is this something where coaches and players are like, "Here comes that awful play we talked about. Come on guys, we can't let this happen." "Yeah, I know coach, I lost my balance, it'll never happen again." And the coaches know this is out of character and teach from it and move on. Or is he really that bad? And if he is that bad, why would he ever see the field at UM?

Advertisement
Back