MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid has been rumored to have been a silent for months. Only reason he cancels this announcement is if he changed his mind. He is probably doing it out of respect for Brown. Didn't want dude sitting there in the background like some ******* while he picked Maryland.

We should make a last minute push for one of FSU's RBs not named Akers.

Laborn is better than Akers...IMO

This is ridiculous.

Advertisement
So Maryland is playing the last card they have in their hand to land him and that's hiring his HS coach. If he really sits down and thinks about it, it shouldn't change anything for him. Unless you don't trust the coaching staff at UM to look out for you (and if you didn't, why would you ever be close to committing there?) having your HS coach at MD doesn't negate all the other advantages outside of the coaches that UM has over MD.

What canesport update say with his dad?

It's canesport so who cares?

It's with his dad, Gtfoh

And everything canesport reports is garbage broke.

Well ****. This is why I don't get excited about recruiting anymore. Its like going out with a total d!ck tease and getting left with her fat ugly friend at the end of the night.

Advertisement
So any backup RB plans? Or do we keep it to Burns if McFarland dips ?

I think this is the biggest question. I mean maybe we beg Gus to stay one more year. We can't go into a season with Walton, Homer, Burns and Choc. That can't happen!

Not that impressed with him imo

Have you said this previously, or only after there is a slight chance he goes the other way? This kid is good. It is one thing if you have concerns about injury/durability issues, but to watch his Junior year film and not be impressed is pretty ridiculous.

Hopefully Brown can lock him in before NSD.

God we already have people crying in this thread. I swear...I feel like 75% of the people on this board do not understand that recruiting season is a rollercoaster ride. Just calm down and let it play out.

I don't want to allay anyone's concerns but this won't be the first time a heavy lean to somewhere pushes back his announcement shortly before NSD because of secondary pressure and then ultimately picks the school everyone knew he was going to in the first place.

Advertisement
McFarland is a huge need. We need this kid to come in and be ready to contribute.

So any backup RB plans? Or do we keep it to Burns if McFarland dips ?

I think this is the biggest question. I mean maybe we beg Gus to stay one more year. We can't go into a season with Walton, Homer, Burns and Choc. That can't happen!

Walton is getting the rock most of the time regardless of McFarland. Homer while unproven is a stud. Burns and Choc will be ok for a few carries per game. Also Richt would find a graduate transfer like Truitt or the RB from Clemson, we would be fine. 2018 would really be the worry year because Walton bolts.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You live by the sword you die by the sword.

Local pressure is always a factor.

That is why we are getting Harley.

No doubt Maryland is pulling out all of the stops to get McFarland.

That would include tremendous negative recruiting relative to crime, etc. in the Miami area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back