MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
it is what it is, I no longer overly sweat these things because I know that whatever 85 kids are on green tree are gonna get coached the ***** up... in the past these were daggers because we knew that talent was our only hope... only a fool would choose a **** program and staff over this one.. god speed these boys

and its being proved more often than not lately, that kids who pull flaky moves, like this potential one ,end up being nothing great more often than not

Last edited:
So Maryland is playing the last card they have in their hand to land him and that's hiring his HS coach. If he really sits down and thinks about it, it shouldn't change anything for him. Unless you don't trust the coaching staff at UM to look out for you (and if you didn't, why would you ever be close to committing there?) having your HS coach at MD doesn't negate all the other advantages outside of the coaches that UM has over MD.

What canesport update say with his dad?

It's canesport so who cares?

It's with his dad, Gtfoh

And everything canesport reports is garbage broke.

Yeah who wants to know the reason why he postponed from his dad's own mouth simply because canesport sucks.... SMDH.... sometimes logic is a complicated puzzle to hard for biased minds to grasp.

Advertisement
From Canesport

Today was supposed to be the day.

RB Anthony McFarland had a video ready and was set to announce his final college decision between Miami and Maryland.

But a visit by Terrapin coaches on Tuesday wound up convincing McFarland to delay an anticipated Cane announcement.

McFarland's father, Anthony Sr., told CaneSport on Wednesday morning that the reason for the delay was "our home visit with Maryland coaches last night. They came strong, so he's stressed and confused. (There are) so many advantages to staying home."

Dad stressed that Anthony "just needs a few more days to think things through."

The new announcement date?

Asked if Anthony will wait until signing day, Anthony Sr. said, "I don't think so. We are going to work through it and have his decision out sometime Friday."

Last night the running back tweeted out that "After talking with my family, I have decided to push my commitment date back to have more time to think about this life changing decision. Thank you for my privacy."

Dad says he knows fans are "freaking out," but this is about his son's future.

Cane running backs coach Thomas Brown was scheduled to visit with the family tomorrow, but Anthony Sr. says they are "going back and forth with (Brown) on text" messaging to see what time/day is best ... or if the family just wants some time away from all coaches to figure things out.

**** maryland is going to pull it off. Time to scramble for a RB for Miami.

Hmm....Don't like the delay here....

Hopefully he's still on board - we need him in the backfield....

LOL at some of yall. Such weak nancy boys. Recruiting ain't for the weak. Kid is all cane and Brown will make him feel better about anything today and he commit on Friday. I am not worried about losing this kid one iota.

Advertisement
Want but don't need McFarland. Smith, Thomas, Henderson, Edwards, Dean and maybe even Herbert are all more important.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to get this guy but considering the injury it's very hard to envision him cracking first or second team and we all know how it is finding RB's down here. Yes, depth would get a little scary if we only have 4 scholarship RB's on the roster but I'm 90% certain we'd be able to take 1 more RB next year who is pretty similarly talented (and maybe open the door to a grad transfer like Tuitt for this year).

Bull****. Our depth chart is very shallow right now. RBs get injured. A stud RB is absolutely one of our biggest needs right now.

From Canesport

RB Anthony McFarland had a video ready and was set to announce his final college decision between Miami and Maryland.

But a visit by Terrapin coaches on Tuesday wound up convincing McFarland to delay an anticipated Cane announcement.

McFarland's father, Anthony Sr., told CaneSport on Wednesday morning that the reason for the delay was "our home visit with Maryland coaches last night. They came strong, so he's stressed and confused. (There are) so many advantages to staying home."

Asked if Anthony will wait until signing day, Anthony Sr. said, "I don't think so. We are going to work through it and have his decision out sometime Friday."

Last night the running back tweeted out that "After talking with my family, I have decided to push my commitment date back to have more time to think about this life changing decision. Thank you for my privacy."

Cane running backs coach Thomas Brown was scheduled to visit with the family tomorrow, but Anthony Sr. says they are "going back and forth with (Brown) on text" messaging to see what time/day is best ... or if the family just wants some time away from all coaches to figure things out.

**** maryland is going to pull it off. Time to scramble for a RB for Miami.

Assuming that report is on point, it might be a hard pull. They will have a decision on Friday, two days before Brown arrives and 5 days before signing day.

Advertisement
From Canesport

its a jeudy situation with a little more drama. the hometown team begs you to stay so you have to think about it. miami puts RB's in the league, maryland doesn't. i see this one going on our favor.

LOL at some of yall. Such weak nancy boys. Recruiting ain't for the weak. Kid is all cane and Brown will make him feel better about anything today and he commit on Friday. I am not worried about losing this kid one iota.

Normally I'd agree but if they don't meet w brown at all to have some space, you'll start seeing some offers go out to salvage the rb class

Uh still deciding if they want Brown to visit or time away from all coaches. Not good

Advertisement
No doubt Maryland is pulling out all of the stops to get McFarland.

That would include tremendous negative recruiting relative to crime, etc. in the Miami area.

So you're not familiar with the DMV area, huh?

Delay the announcement and avoid the chaos of the lady few days of free contact. Avoid the backlash and just sign the papers on signing day. That's what I would do. Then it's over.

From Canesport

If Brown doesn't visit, you have to think that Maryland is going to be the choice. Brown better smooth this over, because we are thin at RB next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back