MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Canesport

Today was supposed to be the day.

RB Anthony McFarland had a video ready and was set to announce his final college decision between Miami and Maryland.

But a visit by Terrapin coaches on Tuesday wound up convincing McFarland to delay an anticipated Cane announcement.

McFarland's father, Anthony Sr., told CaneSport on Wednesday morning that the reason for the delay was "our home visit with Maryland coaches last night. They came strong, so he's stressed and confused. (There are) so many advantages to staying home."

Dad stressed that Anthony "just needs a few more days to think things through."

The new announcement date?

Asked if Anthony will wait until signing day, Anthony Sr. said, "I don't think so. We are going to work through it and have his decision out sometime Friday."

Last night the running back tweeted out that "After talking with my family, I have decided to push my commitment date back to have more time to think about this life changing decision. Thank you for my privacy."

Dad says he knows fans are "freaking out," but this is about his son's future.

Cane running backs coach Thomas Brown was scheduled to visit with the family tomorrow, but Anthony Sr. says they are "going back and forth with (Brown) on text" messaging to see what time/day is best ... or if the family just wants some time away from all coaches to figure things out.

its a jeudy situation with a little more drama. the hometown team begs you to stay so you have to think about it. miami puts RB's in the league, maryland doesn't. i see this one going on our favor.

Difference is Bama got one last visit while he was contemplating his decision. Homeboy is telling Brown to fvck off.

Advertisement
LOL at some of yall. Such weak nancy boys. Recruiting ain't for the weak. Kid is all cane and Brown will make him feel better about anything today and he commit on Friday. I am not worried about losing this kid one iota.

I remember you tough guys saying the same type of s.hit with the Alex Collins decision.

Deja vu

In this case we're Arkansas. Not sure your comparison hits the mark.

The best thing we have going for us is this kid does not want to let Thomas Brown down. McFarland has been silently committed to Brown for at least two months.

Hopefully this is nothing more than McFarland showing the local team respect by abiding their request to delay the decision.

Advertisement
I have faith in the staff, they shut down the DJ Johnson hoopla real fast, hope they can do the same here.

Sounds like pops is pushing MD and says that "we" will make the decision. Not a good development, but this is where Brown will have to earn his money.

Advertisement
DJ Johnson seems interested in the Miami program more so than any particular coach.

McFarland seems indifferent to the Miami program.

Sounds like Coach Brown is having a hard getting the last visit confirmed now. If Brown can't visit then he gone.

And to think their were posters on here thinking that him delaying his announcement was an advantage for the Canes. Brown needs to seal the deal here. Burns was already committed this cycle. McFarland was Brown's only job this recruiting cycle. There will be no other RBs offered this late in the cycle because Richt's not going to put a body out there just to have one. He'd more than likely ride out with Choc then get a low 3-star kid. This however would mean it's critical to get 2 RBs next cycle. Depending on his injury history, probably 3 given that Walton's likely going pro after next season.

Advertisement
Maryland just used it's only Head Coach visit to put as many concerns into his head before he decides as an all out push to save their ***. Richt can still visit McFarland. They will have brown assuage his fears the next two days, and then Richt visit to wrap it up. Maryland went all out a mile before the finish line, Miami still has plenty in the tank
You are clueless. Richt visited him already.

So the kid is all in with the Canes but Maryland coaches gave him something to think about.

That tells me they didn't flip him and he just wants so more time to think about it.

So the question is was that talk last night enough to flip him?

Good thing there is still a week. Now he gets to weigh going with what he thought was the right choice all along or going with the hometown school that has a pathetic program, had a losing record last year and lost to FN Boston College in the bowl game and has more RB on the roster vs. the team that had a wining record and was a game or two off from having a stellar season with a new big named coach he loves and his parents trust with a RB coach he trusts and who handed West Virginia (a school most Maryland kids love) a big ask L in their bowl game.

I still see more logical reasons for him to come to Miami.

If I was to bet on it... He is a Cane.

Advertisement
DJ Johnson seems interested in the Miami program more so than any particular coach.

McFarland seems indifferent to the Miami program.

Aren't you supposed to wait for the recruit to commit elsewhere before you start this act?

Maryland just used it's only Head Coach visit to put as many concerns into his head before he decides as an all out push to save their ***. Richt can still visit McFarland. They will have brown assuage his fears the next two days, and then Richt visit to wrap it up. Maryland went all out a mile before the finish line, Miami still has plenty in the tank

MD's head coach didn't visit. I think he already used his visit.

Richt already used his visit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back