MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Want but don't need McFarland. Smith, Thomas, Henderson, Edwards, Dean and maybe even Herbert are all more important.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to get this guy but considering the injury it's very hard to envision him cracking first or second team and we all know how it is finding RB's down here. Yes, depth would get a little scary if we only have 4 scholarship RB's on the roster but I'm 90% certain we'd be able to take 1 more RB next year who is pretty similarly talented (and maybe open the door to a grad transfer like Tuitt for this year).

Yeah the fact he already has another announcement date and it just so happens to be right after Brown visits him is slightly concerning.

Anybody got the rivals article?

This kid had a video produced with him picking Miami. He would not put this off if wasn't flipping.

Advertisement
Obviously targeting McFarland

[TWEET]824256436016414722[/TWEET]

u2DIqmp.gif

I don't want to allay anyone's concerns but this won't be the first time a heavy lean to somewhere pushes back his announcement shortly before NSD because of secondary pressure and then ultimately picks the school everyone knew he was going to in the first place.

should we use that logic with Henderson too?

Here's my thinking. If we don't get McFarland it will suck. But that should line is up great to land Lingard in '18. I know Mac can be moved all over the place but we are not in the place yet where kids will come to us and sit. Only reason we are lining up for a good WR haul is because the cupboard is so **** bare. Silver lining helps from going mad b.
Good try to keep it positive. But this would be a massive blow to the class.

And it'll be an incredible failure by Brown. He had pretty much one job this cycle--get McFarland. He will have invested a ton of time and got beat at the end by whatever ploy the city of Maryland used in their last ditch pitch.

Brown is making a gigantic amount of money to be a RB coach because he was supposed to bring yuge juice as a recruiter. Bottom line business. You gotta deliver. You're selling a far superior product to a guy you've had a long relationship with. You gotta win this.

You are right 'chise. I tried but **** it. If we don't get him it is a major fail on Browns behalf. And lol at "City of Maryland". Lmao

Advertisement
This kid had a video produced with him picking Miami. He would not put this off if wasn't flipping.

For the last time, hopefully, he didn't have a video. He was going to announce on bleacher reports snap chat.

I don't want to allay anyone's concerns but this won't be the first time a heavy lean to somewhere pushes back his announcement shortly before NSD because of secondary pressure and then ultimately picks the school everyone knew he was going to in the first place.

Sounds like Jerry Jeudy redux just working in our favor.

I'd be shocked if Henderson came to Miami for the very same reason.

Advertisement

For the last time, hopefully, he didn't have a video. He was going to announce on bleacher reports snap chat.

Set to announce Friday now. Hopefully it's not because he wants to tell Brown in person "Thanks but no thanks."

Kid has been rumored to have been a silent for months. Only reason he cancels this announcement is if he changed his mind. He is probably doing it out of respect for Brown. Didn't want dude sitting there in the background like some ******* while he picked Maryland.

We should make a last minute push for one of FSU's RBs not named Akers.

Laborn is better than Akers...IMO

Yes he is.

Advertisement
Want but don't need McFarland. Smith, Thomas, Henderson, Edwards, Dean and maybe even Herbert are all more important.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to get this guy but considering the injury it's very hard to envision him cracking first or second team and we all know how it is finding RB's down here. Yes, depth would get a little scary if we only have 4 scholarship RB's on the roster but I'm 90% certain we'd be able to take 1 more RB next year who is pretty similarly talented (and maybe open the door to a grad transfer like Tuitt for this year).

Stop it. This would be a tremendous blow. I hate when posters do this, they dismiss or devalue a kid because he may not sign with us. It's a thing to do.

From Canesport

Today was supposed to be the day.

RB Anthony McFarland had a video ready and was set to announce his final college decision between Miami and Maryland.

But a visit by Terrapin coaches on Tuesday wound up convincing McFarland to delay an anticipated Cane announcement.

McFarland's father, Anthony Sr., told CaneSport on Wednesday morning that the reason for the delay was "our home visit with Maryland coaches last night. They came strong, so he's stressed and confused. (There are) so many advantages to staying home."

Dad stressed that Anthony "just needs a few more days to think things through."

The new announcement date?

Asked if Anthony will wait until signing day, Anthony Sr. said, "I don't think so. We are going to work through it and have his decision out sometime Friday."

Last night the running back tweeted out that "After talking with my family, I have decided to push my commitment date back to have more time to think about this life changing decision. Thank you for my privacy."

Dad says he knows fans are "freaking out," but this is about his son's future.

Cane running backs coach Thomas Brown was scheduled to visit with the family tomorrow, but Anthony Sr. says they are "going back and forth with (Brown) on text" messaging to see what time/day is best ... or if the family just wants some time away from all coaches to figure things out.

Where is this Friday stuff coming from?

edit: nvm, was just posted

I know Ferman is an idiot but he seems to have some info from the dad etc... anybody got access to see what he is saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back