MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my thinking. If we don't get McFarland it will suck. But that should line is up great to land Lingard in '18. I know Mac can be moved all over the place but we are not in the place yet where kids will come to us and sit. Only reason we are lining up for a good WR haul is because the cupboard is so **** bare. Silver lining helps from going mad b.

Is this why our recruiting for our front 7 on D is hurting so much?

Advertisement
This reminds OP of Schnellenerger's attempt to keep local guys here in the early 80's. OP was likely born in 2002.

No offense, CIS, but leave the big boy stuff like McFarland to Ariz. Not sure how much insight a 14 year old HS kid in Miami would have in the city of Maryland.

The young fella does nice local write ups. This is too much too soon for him though.

My main takeaway from this post is a reminder of how much Pete has improved as a writer. He used to sound a lot more like this dude.

This is why I stay even....it's a good idea to wait til signing day .... never count all the chickens before they hatch....my advice is to let it play out.

Calm down guys and cut Erick some slack. He is trying to give us something to calm us down.

Advertisement
Here's my thinking. If we don't get McFarland it will suck. But that should line is up great to land Lingard in '18. I know Mac can be moved all over the place but we are not in the place yet where kids will come to us and sit. Only reason we are lining up for a good WR haul is because the cupboard is so **** bare. Silver lining helps from going mad b.
Good try to keep it positive. But this would be a massive blow to the class.

And it'll be an incredible failure by Brown. He had pretty much one job this cycle--get McFarland. He will have invested a ton of time and got beat at the end by whatever ploy the city of Maryland used in their last ditch pitch.

Brown is making a gigantic amount of money to be a RB coach because he was supposed to bring yuge juice as a recruiter. Bottom line business. You gotta deliver. You're selling a far superior product to a guy you've had a long relationship with. You gotta win this.

Good try to keep it positive. But this would be a massive blow to the class.

And it'll be an incredible failure by Brown. He had pretty much one job this cycle--get McFarland. He will have invested a ton of time and got beat at the end by whatever ploy the city of Maryland used in their last ditch pitch.

Brown is making a gigantic amount of money to be a RB coach because he was supposed to bring yuge juice as a recruiter. Bottom line business. You gotta deliver. You're selling a far superior product to a guy you've had a long relationship with. You gotta win this.

Listen to this vet please

Don't think he's coming anymore. You don't cancel an announcement unless there's some serious concern

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid has been rumored to have been a silent for months. Only reason he cancels this announcement is if he changed his mind. He is probably doing it out of respect for Brown. Didn't want dude sitting there in the background like some ******* while he picked Maryland.

We should make a last minute push for one of FSU's RBs not named Akers.

Would be an utter disaster to not land this kid. However, this situation is playing out similar to the whole Jeudy fiasco, and I believe it will conclude in the same way. Hometown team makes a late and relentless push, but kid decides to take his talents somewhere else. I think we are fine, just stay on him hard until signing day.

Advertisement
Does this have something to do with Gus possibly not transfering due to school restrictions? Or could it be Kevin Plank's duffel bags?

Kid has been rumored to have been a silent for months. Only reason he cancels this announcement is if he changed his mind. He is probably doing it out of respect for Brown. Didn't want dude sitting there in the background like some ******* while he picked Maryland.

We should make a last minute push for one of FSU's RBs not named Akers.

He made a video. No one was going to be "sitting in the background". Youre offbase per usual.

If we see a new RB offered in the next 6 days then you know the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back