Louisville transfer LB KJ Cloyd commits to Miami

Advertisement
Let’s all the young guys coming get a redshirt. Will pay dividends down the line and allow the freshmen to d

Listen, we should just see this man name on the roster or on the field and be like who tf is that. These man trying to 1 up Napier. 0.5 tfl? Mopes yall got it brah

I don't know. Loved his attributes and hoped he'd grow and be molded into something useful. Then, he got hurt. I know that, the few times he and Wesley were on the field at the same time last season, they'd close quickly and the drops had more depth.

It's been exhausting watching our LBs allow so much space (partly by mindnumbing design) in drop zones and close so poorly. If you grew up in the 80s and 90s, you watched the exact opposite from Canes LBs. ****, an understated guy like Chris Campbell (RIP) in the early 00s might have been our most useful LB the last couple seasons.
And without trying to sound like a negative person we have not had players in any level on defense like the old school hard hitting Canes we grew up watching. The portal and recruiting has changed the room. Up front it looks like Wayne and Bain are what we expect on the ends. Been nice to see.

Doesn't seem better than Flagg. Flagg is a really good depth piece.
If you’re basing this off stats like d money and not factoring in how many more snaps Flagg played than you’re wrong. Louisville starting lbs who this dude backed up were much better than Flagg

He’s only here a year and provides depth and possible st with a great work ethic from all accounts.

He’s also more athletic than Flagg. They both can have roles here but he’s a better player and the 2023 depth chart will reflect this

Advertisement
I hope Cloyd pulls an Adrian Colbert and blows up here. But let's be fair to Flagg. Here are their stats through three years in the same league:

KJ Cloyd: 40 tackles, 0.5 TFLs, 0 sacks
Corey Flagg: 131 tackles, 17.5 TFLs, 5.5 sacks
i suspect that Flagg played significantly more snaps that Cloyd and hence the better numbers.

Mario Cristobal talks to Corey Flagg FREQUENTLY asking him not to go. And I can prove it if need be. But this a forum not that serious. Y’all just haters
Flagg is well respected by staff and players. He’s remained loyal to this program and wants it to succeed, in whatever capacity that means for his role. He deserves support from our fans. Ultimate team guy.

Advertisement
Lb room been cheeks for a long time so whatever at this point until the new recruits are good enough to see the field
This was my thoughts exactly. If the young guys are the real deal nobody’s keeping them off the field. But as we have often seen these kids get to college and it takes them time to get adjusted. Hopefully they are ready to ball day one.

I hope Cloyd pulls an Adrian Colbert and blows up here. But let's be fair to Flagg. Here are their stats through three years in the same league:

KJ Cloyd: 40 tackles, 0.5 TFLs, 0 sacks
Corey Flagg: 131 tackles, 17.5 TFLs, 5.5 sacks
This isn't Flagg hate...but what would Flagg's numbers look like if he spent the last few years as a Louisville linebacker instead of a Miami one

These stats completely lack context

Why is Ragone catching so many strays?

Players like Flagg are the problem - scholarship players who aren't good enough. Ragone is a walk on who pays his own way - he's done nothing to let us down either.
You’re blaming a two year starter as the problem. LOL how about blame the other players that aren’t good enough to beat Flagg out. Or blame the coaches for not recruiting better. But please dont blame the starter

This isn't Flagg hate...but what would Flagg's numbers look like if he spent the last few years as a Louisville linebacker instead of a Miami one

These stats completely lack context
I'm not a big Corey Flagg fan...he's got limitations...but he's not a bum bum.

Most of this board LOVED Shaq Quarterman. Corey Flagg is basically Shaq Quarterman after federal and state income taxes.

Advertisement
I'm not a big Corey Flagg fan...he's got limitations...but he's not a bum bum.

Most of this board LOVED Shaq Quarterman. Corey Flagg is basically Shaq Quarterman after federal and state income taxes.

Yeah I don't hate Flagg at all. I'm really just saying that we can't make a judgement on this Cloyd take by comparing his stats to Flagg's.

Sounds like there just isn't enough data out there for anyone making a yay or nay on if

You’re blaming a two year starter as the problem. LOL how about blame the other players that aren’t good enough to beat Flagg out. Or blame the coaches for not recruiting better. But please dont blame the starter
I'm not blaming the player - he's trying his best. Nor am I demanding that he transfer out.

The reason he's a two year starter is the same reason the last coaching staff got fired.

So fwiw Flo said Cloyd had a lingering shoulder injury for about a year and a half that affected his playing time. Again, fwiw, said we'd be 'surprised' by who we beat out for his services.

Advertisement
Idk why y’all are complaining?

This kid is someone who helps with depth and not allowing the Ragones (nothing against the kid just saying seeing walk ons in general) of the world to see meaningful snaps if we see any type of injuries
Ragone honestly played better than a few guys above him last year without saying names.

Why is Ragone catching so many strays?

Players like Flagg are the problem - scholarship players who aren't good enough. Ragone is a walk on who pays his own way - he's done nothing to let us down either.
I don’t think he’s catching strays. It’s a factual statement to say this kid is a better option than Ragone. Not the kids fault he’s not a top 1% athlete like almost all P5 kids are. It’s the coaches fault for not recruiting guys that could play over him.

john travolta GIF

Advertisement
Back