Louisville transfer LB KJ Cloyd commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Welcome to the U! Just a bit of a downer considering who OV'ed this weekend and the staff hyping stuff up on twitter again. Timing wasn't great lol.

This place is funny sometimes. I think you were talking about this after the 1st June visit weekend. I love how some people expect us to get the Bama, UGA, Clemson treatment and discounts from top recruits after the past 20 years with a 5-7 **** show (on Mario) last season.

Let’s see where we’re at come August.

Advertisement
If we never let our younger guys get reps because we are taking these type of jags for depth, how do we develop guys of our own and avoid taking these guys in the future

Calculating Zach Galifianakis GIF by filmeditor

Advertisement
This place is funny sometimes. I think you were talking about this after the 1st June visit weekend. I love how some people expect us to get the Bama, UGA, Clemson treatment and discounts from top recruits after the past 20 years with a 5-7 **** show (on Mario) last season.

Let’s see where we’re at come August.
I’m just kinda sitting here dumbfounded how people can’t discern the difference between a depth piece player for this coming season and elite 5 star recruits that are still waiting to play their senior seasons likely 2-3 years away from contributing meaningfully to this team

I mean the answer is painfully obvious but sometimes I try and give people the benefit of the doubt

People really think our staff was out here throwing up tweets about a linebacker in the portal?

I’m just kinda sitting here dumbfounded how people can’t discern the difference between a depth piece player for this coming season and elite 5 star recruits that are still waiting to play their senior seasons likely 2-3 years away from contributing meaningfully to this team

I mean the answer is painfully obvious but sometimes I try and give people the benefit of the doubt

People really think our staff was out here throwing up tweets about a linebacker in the portal?
Nene Leakes GIF

What’s up with this kid? Loved his film but is his body not gonna allow him to be what many thought he would?
I don't know. Loved his attributes and hoped he'd grow and be molded into something useful. Then, he got hurt. I know that, the few times he and Wesley were on the field at the same time last season, they'd close quickly and the drops had more depth.

It's been exhausting watching our LBs allow so much space (partly by mindnumbing design) in drop zones and close so poorly. If you grew up in the 80s and 90s, you watched the exact opposite from Canes LBs. ****, an understated guy like Chris Campbell (RIP) in the early 00s might have been our most useful LB the last couple seasons.

Advertisement
Idk why y’all are complaining?

This kid is someone who helps with depth and not allowing the Ragones (nothing against the kid just saying seeing walk ons in general) of the world to see meaningful snaps if we see any type of injuries
Why is Ragone catching so many strays?

Players like Flagg are the problem - scholarship players who aren't good enough. Ragone is a walk on who pays his own way - he's done nothing to let us down either.

Advertisement
I think Mario is expecting some attrition… take that back, a lot of attrition.

Either by choice or by force, he knows there’s still a lot of guys who are either not bought in or aren’t good enough and he’s not waiting until they’re actually gone to replace them. He knows what’s coming.

Either there’s mumblings with other players, their body language or they’ve said it. I think he’s being proactive.

Advertisement
Back