Louisville transfer LB KJ Cloyd commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Nicholson has done a very good job identifying, recruiting and improving our linebacker room.

He is bringing in a guy who he coached and he thinks can help us. This kid was also projected to start at Louisville.

At worst he plays specials.

And we got folks dumping all over this guy. UFB.
I don't get why people are bashing this guy. The LB group has been awful since Shaq and Pinckney left. This guy brings experience and depth. I'd rather not see walk ons out there anymore.

Last edited:
This board is legit insane. Honestly.

Did you guys watch this team the last couple seasons? Have you forgotten how bad we have been at this position? And even more alarmingly, how bad AND thin we've been? In the 2nd half of the year we've been trotting absolute STIFFS out there to play in ACC games, meaningful snaps, and y'all are crying about taking ANYBODY? I don't care if this kid came from the Moon, we need every single body we can possibly get our hands on until some cream rises to the top of that room. I'll take 5 more of this kid. You guys are like goldfish, I swear.
There are precious few positions on the team where bringing in a guy with experience in a brand new system would not be advisable.

News flash: if he sucks he won't play and will be gone in a year.

Advertisement
Just wondering - why would he leave L’ville as a potential starter to be a 2nd/3rd string at Miami?

Who is saying he’s not going to start? Why does everyone think Wes is a certain starter? He may need to split reps as he gains experience. And this kid can play outside as long as he’s not asked to cover without support.

I hope that it’s not a case of him taking Wes snaps. That’s how guys like Wes hit the portal.

Seriously, do you think Guidry and Nicholson would deny a guy who was performing the opportunity to play? If Wes has to share snaps in order to rest or develop more or get coached up, and he isn’t good with that, then I don’t know what to tell you. If he is the best he’s going to play a lot.

Mauigoa, Wes, Chase Smith (?)
Keontra, Flagg, Ragone
True Freshmen

That is just not good enough for 2.5 positions

I’m ecstatic Cloyd is coming in to compete to start. I bet he does end up starting. Too much Greentree AA hyping going on on this board.

Welcome to the U, young man!!

:stormwarningflag-sm: :stormwarningflag-sm: :stormwarningflag-sm:

Keontra, Flagg, Ragone
True Freshmen

I’m ecstatic Cloyd is coming in to compete to start. I bet he does end up starting. Too much Greentree AA hyping going on on this board.

Get ragone out that ***** mane

Advertisement
Seriously, do you think Guidry and Nicholson would deny a guy who was performing the opportunity to play? If Wes has to share snaps in order to rest or develop more or get coached up, and he isn’t good with that, then I don’t know what to tell you. If he is the best he’s going to play a lot.
I’m not saying it’s a bad thing I’m just saying how this day n age college athlete get in their feelings about stuff like this

If it’s not a 5 star it’s mope fest.
People obviously haven’t realized that this class isn’t gona be 21 or 22 dudes.
Maybe someone can do the math but it looks like we’re gonna take more than 25.
No way you’re gonna get 25 blue chippers and no way

Mario is gonna try to upgrade every position and by every position it means the 1’s all the way to the 3’s.
So yeah, if you’re not a shoe in starter he’s bringing competition.
If you thought you would get reps in garbage time you better recognize.
Am I just dense but this kid isn’t a 24 commit? He’s a transfer playing this season

Or…do I need some help?

Am I just dense but this kid isn’t a 24 commit? He’s a transfer playing this season

Or…do I need some help?
comedy central season 6 episode 2 GIF by Workaholics

Advertisement
Get ragone out that ***** mane
Ragone hate is a joke. Obviously he shouldnt be playing based on talent/physcial ability but dude can shed blocks and diagnose plays better than most the 4 stars we croot. facts. Never gonna hate on someone who plays above his ability/gives it his all and only plays cuz everyone else sucks.

Keontra, Flagg, Ragone
True Freshmen

Can’t count on Chase Smith. He was hurt all last year and I don’t even know if he participated in spring.

Advertisement
Ragone hate is a joke. Obviously he shouldnt be playing based on talent/physcial ability but dude can shed blocks and diagnose plays better than most the 4 stars we croot. facts. Never gonna hate on someone who plays above his ability/gives it his all and only plays cuz everyone else sucks.
Hate for being having too little talent and forcing the wrong players into playing important snaps sometimes bleed into the players themselves

Yep he plays his butt off and actually did fine out there last year. He’s a great teammate to have around.

Welcome to The U! Train hard, work hard, stay healthy and please help our LB group become better in any way you can possible! Whether it’s plays, leadership, competition, knowledge or heart!

Can’t count on Chase Smith. He was hurt all last year and I don’t even know if he participated in spring.

All the more reason to look at that depth chart and 🤮. We're **** lucky Cloyd is transferring in. I'll bet we had 2 LBs out at the same time at some point in 7 or 8 of the last 10 seasons. Imagine no Chase and our starting 2 out? We're back to starting 3 freshmen all over again.

Don't want to put too much stock on one kid. But Cloyd could end up being pivotal in ensuring we win enough games to land the Top 10 back to back classes we need to get this flywheel rolling here and become a real program again. Other than a backup QB, it was the most important missing piece remaining on all the roster, IMO.

Advertisement
Back