Louisville transfer LB KJ Cloyd commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s definitely not going to start over Cisco or Wes. And since Bobby has looked good in spring, he could play more snaps than this transfer.
The fact that they’re bringing in this guy I’d expect he’s going to take big snaps. He’ll likely play more than Wes and there’s zero chance that a true frosh is going to play more than him. They’ve been looking for a more seasoned guy to add to the room for a reason. Harder to win with young guys in CFB.

He’s definitely not going to start over Cisco or Wes. And since Bobby has looked good in spring, he could play more snaps than this transfer.
I think there will be packages where they want a second ILB on the field. Guidry played a lot of different coverages and if they use Rip/Liz out of cover-3 base they’ll need a LB with thump to help in some light boxes. He can fill that role.

But again we are also overlooking special teams. A linear athlete with size and thump…those are special teams demons.

Louisville had a stacked LB room the last couple years and that scheme that Bryan Brown runs is similar to Guidry. Continuity with Nicholson is the key here.

Heard a few schools involved were Miss State, Florida, and Auburn but not sure how it actually narrowed out and who he visited.

Doesn’t do a lot for that room but raises the floor. Rolling 2nd and 3rd stringers won’t cost you the game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hope that it’s not a case of him taking Wes snaps. That’s how guys like Wes hit the portal.

Flagg is well respected by staff and players. He’s remained loyal to this program and wants it to succeed, in whatever capacity that means for his role. He deserves support from our fans. Ultimate team guy.
I think we'd all love Flagg as a role playing LB.

Advertisement
This board is legit insane. Honestly.

Did you guys watch this team the last couple seasons? Have you forgotten how bad we have been at this position? And even more alarmingly, how bad AND thin we've been? In the 2nd half of the year we've been trotting absolute STIFFS out there to play in ACC games, meaningful snaps, and y'all are crying about taking ANYBODY? I don't care if this kid came from the Moon, we need every single body we can possibly get our hands on until some cream rises to the top of that room. I'll take 5 more of this kid. You guys are like goldfish, I swear.

Most of those types have already been picked over. Unless they're a recent graduate, no one new is going to enter the portal.

Yea I was more referring to the overall approach in general, not just this particular pickup. And I get most of those types probably want guarantees that Mario won't give, which I respect.

I guess I would just wanna be more selective. But the whole "improved depth" stuff is completely speculative with some of the guys we brought in.

Geez, some of you guys are so unrealistic. This is a great get. Not just good but great. Familiarity with the coach and scheme, great size, and experience. Please explain what’s wrong with adding quality depth. Not everyone can be a 5* and a starter.

This board is legit insane. Honestly.

Did you guys watch this team the last couple seasons? Have you forgotten how bad we have been at this position? And even more alarmingly, how bad AND thin we've been? In the 2nd half of the year we've been trotting absolute STIFFS out there to play in ACC games, meaningful snaps, and y'all are crying about taking ANYBODY? I don't care if this kid came from the Moon, we need every single body we can possibly get our hands on until some cream rises to the top of that room. I'll take 5 more of this kid. You guys are like goldfish, I swear.
OBM crushing it!

Thank you

Advertisement
Back