Long term ACC opponents released

Maybe it's already been spelled out/explained, but who or what committee made the scheduling decisions. Will always be issues or unhappy folks. Just seems that a handful of guys sitting around in a bar could have done as well or better.

Advertisement
Sure, we'll play them more often than if they were in a separate division like BC was, but the rivalry should have been respected.

Honestly if it was such a great rivalry it would have been IMO. I’m fine moving on and playing them 50% still.

I think the ACC, which has a dearth of elite teams, sees the potential with Louisville (as do I) and were looking to develop another marquee TV game.

Maybe it’s just the business side of my brain keeping up with my emotional fandom side, but I’m good with all this. If I stay in another crappy hotel in Roanoke a little less often I’ll survive. Been there, done that.

Two urban ACC city schools going at it each year sounds fun to me. Let’s ride.

Honestly if it was such a great rivalry it would have been IMO. I’m fine moving on and playing them 50% still.

I think the ACC, which has a dearth of elite teams, sees the potential with Louisville (as do I) and were looking to develop another marquee TV game.

Maybe it’s just the business side of my brain keeping up with my emotional fandom side, but I’m good with all this. If I stay in another crappy hotel in Roanoke a little less often I’ll survive. Been there, done that.

Two urban ACC city schools going at it each year sounds fun to me. Let’s ride.
Maybe it's nostalgia, but I still want VT.

And rural VA is gorgeous.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why Louisville over VTech? BC atleast was considered a bit of a rivalry prior to joining the ACC if im not mistaken, but Louisville?

Iffffffff only Notre Dame and this conference weren't complete puzzies.....

who actually wanted this? the commissioner? ADs?

nothing about this makes the conference schedule more exciting IMO
I disagree - I think overall the schedule is much more exciting as there is more variety each year and you no longer have to worry about your 2 best teams being in the same division. That said, I don't like our 2 non FSU opponents. I would be fine with either one of them if the other opponent was VT or even Pitt.

Pretty equitable assignments. I don't see any team that got a raw deal or one that has a cake walk.

But with Louisville's recent moves, we definitely got the spendaholics bracket. :LOL:

Advertisement
This whole format is predicated on what UNC and Duke wanted. So it’s no surprise they got their 3 historical rivals. The rest of the conference matchups and future schedules have to be built around it. That’s why we’re playing BC and Louisville. That’s why Wake is playing GT and VT. None of the other schools matchups make a lot sense.
If the 4 NC schools all played each other, it would at least make historical sense. But UNC wanted to keep UVA, and the resulting butterfly effect for every other school is why everything else is the way it is.

I was low key hoping Syracuse coulda been a yearly opponent so I could see Miami in the Carrier Dome more often. Fvck Louisville!

Now Pitt isn't a yearly anymore, so that takes away going to Heinz Field every other year. 😑

1656434972740.png

Advertisement
I have a few qualms about this but I'm still largely in favor and truth be told can go without playing Vag Tech EVERY year.

Bright side too? We have 2 "primary" opponents and a school that hired an AD to destroy its athletics department.

I'll shed no tears but it looks like FSU got fizzzucked with this. Tough draw for whoever replaces Memphis Mike.

Advertisement
Back