Long term ACC opponents released

Advertisement
This whole format is predicated on what UNC and Duke wanted. So it’s no surprise they got their 3 historical rivals. The rest of the conference matchups and future schedules have to be built around it. That’s why we’re playing BC and Louisville. That’s why Wake is playing GT and VT. None of the other schools matchups make a lot sense.

This whole format is predicated on what UNC and Duke wanted. So it’s no surprise they got their 3 historical rivals. The rest of the conference matchups and future schedules have to be built around it. That’s why we’re playing BC and Louisville. That’s why Wake is playing GT and VT. None of the other schools matchups make a lot sense.
As long as they keep FSU on our schedule, I don’t really care about the other matchups. It would be nice to have VT on there, but I won’t be losing sleep over it.

Advertisement
Dabo will be gone by 24…book it
Only if he decides to retire. They're going to win 9+ games this year but I can definitely see this being the beginning of his downfall.

If you said by 2026 then I think that's a little more realistic.

Advertisement
As long as they keep FSU on our schedule, I don’t really care about the other matchups. It would be nice to have VT on there, but I won’t be losing sleep over it.

I feel like people are not processing that we will still play VT, and everyone else every other year. That’s still a lot. The rivalries will all stay intact.

I feel like people are not processing that we will still play VT, and everyone else every other year. That’s still a lot. The rivalries will all stay intact.
We'll have a two year gap before we play them again. Not until 2025.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Short term problem. One extra year, once. Whatever. Will be some breakage as we get this going, once it’s rolling it’s rolling.
Sure, we'll play them more often than if they were in a separate division like BC was, but the rivalry should have been respected.

Louisville fan here. Maybe not rivals but I remember vividly a lot of our games over the years. Devin Hester beating us on a punt return in 04’. Us beating you all in our house in 06’. The bowl game in 2013 I think it was. You all were also our first game as members of the ACC back in 2014. I always loved playing the U.

Advertisement
Back