Rumor Linebackers Coach?

ok we shall see. I just know that the coaches I see who

he still played at a college. he was a te too and its just different being hit by grown men.
look at all the guys who didnt play college. fisch, Paul Johnson, Manny, cuncliffe, leach, etc all one side of the play gimmick guys
I get that point of view, but we can extend that to "Did he play at the highest level" and then, the point kinda becomes absurd.

I dont care if he played at college or not. Can he coach up kids and make then play good football? Bring him in.

Advertisement
He’s a Mark Richt kid…
Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

Advertisement
Advertisement
look at all the guys who didnt play college. fisch, Paul Johnson, Manny, cuncliffe, leach, etc all one side of the play gimmick guys

Now HS playing experience I don't mind, but I don't think any of the names that you listed played at all.

Like we just had a HC/DC who never tackled a day in His life trying to teach kids how to tackle the last 7 years, and it showed.

It's like hiring somebody to redo the roof on your house and the person you hired doesn't know the difference between a hammer and a nail LOL.

I'm tired of hiring those types, they're literally stealing paychecks.

Now HS playing experience I don't mind, but I don't think any of the names that you listed played at all.

Like we just had a HC/DC who never tackled a day in His life trying to teach kids how to tackle the last 7 years, and it showed.

It's like hiring somebody to redo the roof on your house and the person you hired doesn't know the difference between a hammer and a nail LOL.

We were a great tackling team the first 3 years. And then they changed the tackling to try to avoid injuries and it failed and made these boys soft!

So if you gain knowledge and experience coaching at different levels and at different regions of the country with good RESULTS, you don't think that will suffice as a good coach? Even though that said coach has never stepped on the field but basically paid his dues as a grad assistant, quailty control guy, analyst or been a player personnel staffer?

Advertisement
Schumann played high school ball.

Bill Belichick played center sparingly in college at a Division 3 school.

Not trying to compare the two in terms of acumen, but did those years as the 2nd string snapper in D3 give Belichick much more knowledge than Schumann gained from playing HS ball?
Belichick’s dad was a HC he’d been around the game and knew more about football than most kids playing in college before he was even in high school lmao

I could be completely wrong, but if this is true, in my mind it means we’re definitely getting Schumann.

99% of the time the DC doubles as the LB coach and the only way we’d have two LB coaches if we were going to a 3-4 base. One of them (Schumann) coaches ILB and the other (Robinson) coaches OLB/DE.

In this scenario, Salave'a would mostly coach the interior guys, not the entire DL.
Hey nysom, we had 2 when manny was here patke and manny, patke and baker! And we ran a 4-3! And patke and aristode(sp).

Advertisement
So if you gain knowledge and experience coaching at different levels and at different regions of the country with good RESULTS, you don't think that will suffice as a good coach? Even though that said coach has never stepped on the field but basically paid his dues as a grad assistant, quailty control guy, analyst or been a player personnel staffer?

Somebody like that probably deserves a head coaching opportunity at the D3, or maybe D2 level, but no way would I hire somebody like that to be the HC of a 5X National Championship D1 program, **** nah LOL. I'd probably hire somebody like that in an administrative role, but no way would I hire somebody like that to coach a unit or a position on my team, except maybe field goal kicker.

Advertisement
Back