Rumor Linebackers Coach?

Advertisement
im not a fan of guys who didn't play the game. I get he coached under smart and saban but im not into the boy wonder thing.

Schumann played high school ball.

Bill Belichick played center sparingly in college at a Division 3 school.

Not trying to compare the two in terms of acumen, but did those years as the 2nd string snapper in D3 give Belichick much more knowledge than Schumann gained from playing HS ball?

I could be completely wrong, but if this is true, in my mind it means we’re definitely getting Schumann.

99% of the time the DC doubles as the LB coach and the only way we’d have two LB coaches if we were going to a 3-4 base. One of them (Schumann) coaches ILB and the other (Robinson) coaches OLB/DE.

In this scenario, Salave'a would mostly coach the interior guys, not the entire DL.
He would still coach the entire DL

Not trying to compare the two in terms of acumen, but did those years as the 2nd string snapper in D3 give Belichick much more knowledge than Schumann gained from playing HS ball?
I mean people have a sour taste from manny. Look a Sean Mcvay he barely played college ball. It’s slowly becoming the new norm.

Advertisement
He’s a Mark Richt kid, he played LB for Richt, graduated from UGA & got his first job ever on Richts staff.
When he played at UGA, Willie Martinez & Todd Grantham were his DC & LB’s coaches.

Then was at Ole Miss as a GA under Dave Wommack, then was at Miss St with Todd Grantham, then followed Granddaddy Grantham to UF.

He’s only been a full time position coach for 4 years all his previous stops before UF was as a GA.

As a recruiter his best pulls were LB’s Derek Wingo, Chief Borders & Jessiah Pierre.

I could be completely wrong, but if this is true, in my mind it means we’re definitely getting Schumann.

99% of the time the DC doubles as the LB coach and the only way we’d have two LB coaches if we were going to a 3-4 base. One of them (Schumann) coaches ILB and the other (Robinson) coaches OLB/DE.

In this scenario, Salave'a would mostly coach the interior guys, not the entire DL.
👍

Advertisement
He’s a Mark Richt kid, he played LB for Richt, graduated from UGA & got his first job ever on Richts staff.
When he played at UGA, Willie Martinez & Todd Grantham were his DC & LB’s coaches.

Then was at Ole Miss as a GA under Dave Wommack, then was at Miss St with Todd Grantham, then followed Granddaddy Grantham to UF.

He’s only been a full time position coach for 4 years all his previous stops before UF was as a GA.

As a recruiter his best pulls were LB’s Derek Wingo, Chief Borders & Jessiah Pierre.
Meaning Go On GIF

Any chance Richt put in a good word for him with Cristobal? I assume the two have talked. Because if not, there’s no obvious Cristobal or Schumann connection with Robinson.

Last edited:
Advertisement

This is accurate.

It does help when your dad is crazy about football.

Advertisement
That’s what Dabo just did for his DC so we will see.
ok we shall see. I just know that the coaches I see who

he still played at a college. he was a te too and its just different being hit by grown men.
look at all the guys who didnt play college. fisch, Paul Johnson, Manny, cuncliffe, leach, etc all one side of the play gimmick guys

Advertisement
Back