Linebacker recruiting

Amari Carter and Romeo Finley both can move to linebacker next year problem solved. Diaz likes linebackers that can cover the slot anyway so it only makes sense.

Didnt know this is playstation. Just move them there huh....If got**** Shaq Quarterman gets put on his *** inline what the **** you think will happen to those 2. For some reason its thought that its just easy to be a linebacker and mix it up..them two dudes aint mixing it up on the back end yet.

That Iowa St LB was playing QB last year and he looks **** good... Ray Ray never played LB till he was in the NFL.

I'm sure Amari Carter can pull it off. The kid is more physical as a true freshman than Ray Ray ever was here and much smarter

Were not striving to be IOWA State.

Ray Ray was more physical than Amari Carter and much bigger..at times Ray Ray was over 225 here. He was always cutting weight to be a safety. That being said it has taken him almost 3 years to be a servicable NFL linebacker.

Amari Carter is a safety bro..yall need to chill. Nothing he has shown anybody says hes a lb at all

Advertisement
That Iowa St LB is playing better than all our LBs right now and Carter is 6'2 and over 200lbs as a true freshman... no reason to think he can't grow into a LB. he's **** physical too

Now that wheels are fallen off the bus of fsu maybe we should push for the Deerfield lb again . Push for the STA cb too

Advertisement
Amari Carter and Romeo Finley both can move to linebacker next year problem solved. Diaz likes linebackers that can cover the slot anyway so it only makes sense.

Didnt know this is playstation. Just move them there huh....If got**** Shaq Quarterman gets put on his *** inline what the **** you think will happen to those 2. For some reason its thought that its just easy to be a linebacker and mix it up..them two dudes aint mixing it up on the back end yet.

That Iowa St LB was playing QB last year and he looks **** good... Ray Ray never played LB till he was in the NFL.

I'm sure Amari Carter can pull it off. The kid is more physical as a true freshman than Ray Ray ever was here and much smarter

Ray Ray was more physical than Amari Carter and much bigger..at times Ray Ray was over 225 here. He was always cutting weight to be a safety. That being said it has taken him almost 3 years to be a servicable NFL linebacker.

Amari Carter is a safety bro..yall need to chill. Nothing he has shown anybody says hes a lb at all

According to our official Roster:
LBS:
Deandre Wilder - 6'3" 202lbs = 25.2 BMI
Michael Pinckney - 6'2" 228lbs = 29.3 BMI
Zach McCloud - 6'2" 230lbs = 29.5 BMI
Waynmon Steed - 5'11" 223lbs = 31.1 BMI
Charles Perry and Bradley Jennings - 6'1" 230lbs = 30.3 BMI
Shaq Quarterman - 6'1" 240lbs = 31.7 BMI

S:
Amari Carter - 6'2" 197lbs = 25.3 BMI
Derrick Smith - 6'2" 200lbs = 25.7 BMI
Robert Knowles - 6'1" 198lbs = 26.1 BMI
Romeo Finley - 6'1" 205lbs = 27.0 BMI

I'd say 230lbs is the ideal weight for an OLB, and about 240lbs is the ideal weight for an ILB. And no Safety is going to be moved to ILB. But while that is the "ideal weight", if any of our safeties did make the move, they'd need to gain a minimum of like 15-20lbs. I think that certainly can be done during the offseason.

Last edited:
Carter hits harder then any of our LBs. He is the only player on our team that can thump. Dude is just straight physical man. We need guys like that at LB who don't give a **** about their body to plug gaps and holes and make you feel them when they tackle you. I hope to see him play more and more this year.

Now that wheels are fallen off the bus of fsu maybe we should push for the Deerfield lb again . Push for the STA cb too

I Don't think we want Asante Samuel regardless what happens with Tyson Campbell.

If he’s a lock down cb why not add him too.

CB: Al Blades, Dj Ivey, Gilbert Frierson, and hopefully Tyson Campbell
S: Josh Jobe, Gurvan Hall.

4 CBs and 6 total DBs is already a lot for one class. I mean I wouldn't exactly say no to Asante Samuel if he was willing to come here and it didn't affect any of our current commits, but in reality we already have 5 elite DB recruits and are trying to finish the class with the best DB in the country.

What is it with you and these crazy sweeping opinions that you pretend are facts? Lol. Our entire miami tradition on defense has been predicated on turning hs safeties into lbs, hs DEs and TEs into DTs, etc etc. This is what makes us the motherfuc$$$king U ffs.

Our best lbs entered college at 195lbs. There is no earthly reason that carter couldn't follow in the footsteps of spence, grace, vilma, and the Bermuda triangle.

Advertisement

Now I'm even more convinced that Amari Carter could dominate as a linebacker

I Don't think we want Asante Samuel regardless what happens with Tyson Campbell.

The knock on him is that he's tiny. A tad shorter than bandy and 20 lbs lighter. I'd take him though. If he can get to at least 175, he'd make a perfect slot corner and a nice complement to the bigger blades and Ivey.

The knock on him is that he's tiny. A tad shorter than bandy and 20 lbs lighter. I'd take him though. If he can get to at least 175, he'd make a perfect slot corner and a nice complement to the bigger blades and Ivey.

Does he tackle? If not, he can’t play slot and he can’t play for Manny.

What is it with you and these crazy sweeping opinions that you pretend are facts? Lol. Our entire miami tradition on defense has been predicated on turning hs safeties into lbs, hs DEs and TEs into DTs, etc etc. This is what makes us the motherfuc$$$king U ffs.

Our best lbs entered college at 195lbs. There is no earthly reason that carter couldn't follow in the footsteps of spence, grace, vilma, and the Bermuda triangle.

F*ck Carter why cant robert Knowles do it..he's 195 right now too right?.

Not every dude will be a Grace,Spence, or Vilma who were 3 guys that played linebacker for 100 years before coming to um.

Your not telling me nothing on what our history is i know it. Nothing Amari Carter has shown me says he is a linebacker here as of right now. He looks to be a good safety down the pike.

Advertisement
Can we start an O Line recruiting thread? bc the way I see it, this is our biggest shït position on the team...

Gogeta has neva lied, y'all.

Folks needa pay dis mane respek.

Grace is now one of our 'best lbs'? :eek:

Spence was a true lb, instinctive, played the position forever.

Barrow, Armstead, Vilma? Come on. You're comparing random backup safeties to some of the best LBs ever.

This whole discussion is insane.

Advertisement

Barrow, Armstead, Vilma? Come on. You're comparing random backup safeties to some of the best LBs ever.

very insane...and their basing it off of weight and measurables nothing else...Which is why i said robert knowles is 6'0 195 why isnt he being moved to lb too??..no nswer

I actually agree about Carter being a LB.

If not, I like him being in the box much more just because his range isn't very good and he has better instincts dissecting a run.

I could be wrong but that's what I got off the little I've seen him in the box this year.

very insane...and their basing it off of weight and measurables nothing else...Which is why i said robert knowles is 6'0 195 why isnt he being moved to lb too??..no nswer

Robert Knowles is straight trash and shouldn't be on the team next yr. that's why no one gives a **** about Knowles.

Obviously none of our current safeties are going to play LB this yr. but in the offseason one of them can definitely put on some weight and make the move. You acting like it's impossible it the insane thing imo, as if safeties haven't been switched to LBs before

Robert Knowles is straight trash and shouldn't be on the team next yr. that's why no one gives a **** about Knowles.

Obviously none of our current safeties are going to play LB this yr. but in the offseason one of them can definitely put on some weight and make the move. You acting like it's impossible it the insane thing imo, as if safeties haven't been switched to LBs before

happens some. When's the last time one of ours have though?.

Just put on the weight and make the move...Do it with Robert Knowles then since its that easy.
Carter looks solid in the box...but i think he should stay on the back end at safety. Dont know if his frame will allow for 20 more pounds and keeping some athleticism. Other than him i dont see anyone else that canis what im saying....how bout to solve the lb talent..recruit Linebackers that can play. Not hoping to move random *** safeties around for the **** of it.

Advertisement
Back